SCP-RP (USA) - Staff Application - Snow

Lumi_Snow

Sep 11, 2024

What server are you applying for: SCP-RP (USA)

Your Username: Snow

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:71777994

Discord Username: lumi_snow

What's your current playtime: 1 Day 16 Hours

Do you have a mic: Yes

Your characters name: Avery 'Kat' Snow | Hasley Danelson

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: This is my First

Have you received any kicks/warns/bans, and if so, why: None. Clean record.

How many hours can you be on everyday: ~2 Hours Some days less, Some days more.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community: I do. Over the years of playing Garry's mod I've held various moderator and helper positions across many different servers.
My most enjoyed staff work is being a "Helper" this role had me provide Technical Support, Teaching new players on how to play, Being an Initial point of contact for server bugs and other issues. And resolving compensation requests. It was enjoyable for me. Helping grow the server population and retain current players.
I also have done a decent amount of moderation. Where I would take tickets of player complaints and issues.
I was responsible for handing out punishment for rule breaks, Such as RDM, PropBlock and the like. While retaining my duties helping players join and enjoy the server.
After becoming Senior Moderator, I got the additional role of training, supervising and on-boarding Trial Moderators.

Tell us about something that you're proud that you've achived in-game: My favorite is when Myself and other security team members were able to aid in the Containment SCP-682. The teamwork displayed was very satisfying.

Why would you like to become a staff member: After playing on the server I have noticed a issue, people in OOC complaining about waiting for a ticket to be taken. I even experienced a similar issue myself where SCP-939 got stuck and it took many minutes for a staff member to appear and fix it.
I would like to have the ability to aid players in streamlining the RP experience to be more enjoyable.

If you could improve something on the staff team, what would it be and how would you do so: I would like to decrease the ticket load on each moderator, currently it seems that, from my understanding, each staff member needs to take 60 tickets minimum. I am of the opinion that is too much. And I would like to fix that. Distributing the ticket load across multiple staff members.
While I'm not a server manager, The way I see this being done is to increase the staff team size, additionally, I would propose a in game ""Help" chat, where community members can ask questions, and answer each-other's questions. This would help alleviate the ticket load.