[SCP] The skin system.

CosmicDerp

Apr 10, 2022
Currently the skins cannot be approved by admins. Me and many other people would really like this to be fixed as we would love to have skins on the server. Please fix this soon it is a really big waste of a fun system to customize the look of our guns,Thank you.

Pugkipz

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 18, 2022
Puerto Rico
+Support
It'd be good to be able to have skins on our guns, Would add a little more individuality and maybe even some nice RP if they are visible to other players. All in all, It seems like a nice feature for people to use here.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
This is intended. Skins are disabled on SCP-RP, it is unintended that you are able to access the /skins menu.

We do not plan to enable skins on SCP-RP, as it is a SeriousRP server and we believe people running around with custom weapon skins wouldn't be very appropriate for roleplay. Seeing all the MTF operatives running around with monkey skins on their weapons would make roleplay worse than it is currently.

CosmicDerp

Apr 10, 2022
This is intended. Skins are disabled on SCP-RP, it is unintended that you are able to access the /skins menu.

We do not plan to enable skins on SCP-RP, as it is a SeriousRP server and we believe people running around with custom weapon skins wouldn't be very appropriate for roleplay. Seeing all the MTF operatives running around with monkey skins on their weapons would make roleplay worse than it is currently.
I'd like to disagree that it wouldn't be appropriate for roleplay as you have it on mrp which is also considered serious rp, also it has to be approved by admins anyway so they could approve rp friendly skins. We have alot of people backing this so please don't just shutdown the idea completely when people really want it. I would also like to ask, what do you mean by "worse than it is currently."? I've been active for quite a while and what i see is a mix of good serious RP and fun.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ZLT49A

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
MRP is not considered a SeriousRP server, we officially consider it to be semi-serious RP. That's different to SCP-RP which we do consider to be SeriousRP.

Playing on both of those servers should make it very apparent what the difference is - there's different RP expectations and different rules. As to what I mean by "worse than it is currently", I just mean that it would make RP worse because people wouldn't be able to take RP situations as seriously with random skins on people's guns.

{Mercs}DoR

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 23, 2021
yeah MRP is semi-serious whereas SCP is intented to be serious. in RP for SCP stuff you wouldnt see people going eound with guns with anime skins. most you would see is camo skins and that is it.