SCP-US Ban Appeal Toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecow23

Mar 16, 2024
Your in-game name: Brian D/ Freddy Wong/Brian Wright
Your SteamID: 76561198210461291
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198210461291/
Date of ban: 3/16/24
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):Toxicity
Who banned you: Unsure didn't know I need this information for an appeal when talking to the admin
Ban length?: 3D
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I plan on contacting an admin on what I am not allowed to say because I genuinely didn't know I couldn't say that word just in general.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Nope, if I was it was over a year ago and I wouldn't remember what for.
Why should you be unbanned: I think I deserve a chance to learn from something I didn't exactly know was wrong as well as I wasn't calling someone this it was more something I said in the moment not to offend.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I already looked at rules that are outline in the server this one seems like a gray area to me because it seems to say it only applied if it was used to insult someone or discriminate against them.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I am coming back from about a year and a half break from the server so I already have precedence on the server along with I have friends that want to play with me on the server. Which is also a reason why I want to appeal the ban urgently.
Context of Incident-https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/21kWJhFffN3I0d/LAukMmJNXMVJ?invite=cr-MSxJbXAsMTkzOTQ3MTY2LAv?mobilebypass=true
Overall I wasn't aware that saying the n word wasn't allowed on the server as I have had no warnings in the past and I wasn't in conversation to the individual either and calling him that. In the clip I just said it in the moment either way when I come back ill know for the future and I just needed some sort of warning.

Last edited:

Bluecow23

Mar 16, 2024
I would also like to add in looking at the rules for this circumstance the only thing that would apply to my specific case would be 1.10 Derogatory Language designed to target players which implies that it only applies to situations where I am calling someone that name not in saying it in general. I do understand you don't want people just saying slurs but this should be conveyed clearly and given warning when the situation warrants it.

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023

Ban Appeal Denied

Hello, @Bluecow23

Thank you for taking the time to make a ban appeal.
After reading through this appeal and the information provided. The use of racial slurs is strictly prohibited on the server. The first offense for using racial slurs on the server is a three-day ban. The staff member who issued this ban was justified in doing so. Please make sure that when you return to not use racial slurs against other players. You will have to serve out the remainder of your three-day ban.

If you have any questions relating to this Ban Appeal, Please free to reach out to me on Discord.​

Status
Not open for further replies.