Denied Security Lieutenant

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
My suggestion is to add a "Security Lieutenant" job that would be above Sergeant but below Captain. This job would be "semi-whitelisted", similar to DEA Senior Agent and would allow for some more emphasis on the Gensec Chain of Command for when Captains+ are not available.

Some perks of being a Security Lieutenant could be:
- Hosting sweeps without permission. (Would have to follow a set of restrictions on when they can order a sweep. i.e. Cannot order sweeps when a Captain+ is on.)
- Coordinating D-block when there is no Captain.
- Assisting in trainings such as RRT tryouts, Heavy Weapons License training, etc. These assists could count as "brownie points" towards their journey to Captain.
- Could be in a position within the Gensec chain of command that allows them to arrest all Gensec personnel RRT Sergeant and below for COE/COC/Department violations. "Senior CL3" if you will.

You have to keep in mind that everyone below Captain is NOT a whitelisted role. This means that occasionally there are mingey Sergeants/RRT Sergeants and having a Lieutenant may allow for them to be kept a little more in line. While Security Lieutenant would not have the ability to job ban, they'd be able to have a clear line of communication to the Captains to report problem areas and being a Lieutenant could look better on a Captain application rather than just being an unwhitelisted Sergeant. Security Lieutenant would still be a level 3, not 4.

How would you get Security Lieutenant?
In order to get Security Lieutenant, similar to DEA, I propose that GenSec have tryouts that RRT Sergeants can attend where they are quizzed on Gensec policy, and tested on some combat readiness. This tryout would ensure that only those who have strongly knowledge of the department, code of conduct, and code of ethics but also who are skilled enough in other methods such as combat may become a Lieutenant.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe anything has been suggested prior. I have tried to find something through the search bar but was unable to find anything.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- The semi-whitelisted capacity allows for more people to become a Lieutenant.
- More coordination in D-block in the absence of Captains. Or, they can assist Captains with coordinating everyone.
- Semi-whitelisted role allows for some stronger non-level 4 leadership in the D-block area and within the whole department. People can essentially get put under official training & observation for a Captain spot later down the road.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Might make the path to Captain a bit longer for some, but worth it. We'd have higher quality Captains (not saying we have terrible ones now, just saying that they'd get even better!)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this job has a very strong potential to make Gensec into a more user/roleplay friendly department, and put a damper down on the amount of mingery that occurs. I believe also that it would add some depth to the department, and those who are in these leadershi positions would be way more recognizable for CL4 positions such as Captain.

Aug 20, 2021
-Support

The GenSec department has enough and active Captains already, adding another job to GenSec that is just to assist in HWLs and RRTs is a no brainer, as that is already the Captains job. The Captain can already host sweeps without needed permission as well, Sergeants can do sweeps with site Admin/Captain/Site Command permission, so there are enough ways to do a sweep already, and they are not needed 24/7 when only one or 2 D Class has a gun.

Dec 1, 2022
-Support

The GenSec department has enough and active Captains already, adding another job to GenSec that is just to assist in HWLs and RRTs is a no brainer, as that is already the Captains job. The Captain can already host sweeps without needed permission as well, Sergeants can do sweeps with site Admin/Captain/Site Command permission, so there are enough ways to do a sweep already, and they are not needed 24/7 when only one or 2 D Class has a gun.
I believe the idea is good but this form of execution is flawed. Originally we wanted to combine RRT SGT and normal SGT to be like the DEA Senior Agent with a wl required. RRT Officer would be changed to a level 3 (So GENSEC could have an easily earned level3). When we wanted to add the LT job as a junior CL4 and Captain would be moved to senior CL4 to be similar to DEAs structure. This would be the better version of this tbh. Also the Captain job is always full so it would give the opportunity for us to separate the Senior GENSEC properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.