Denied "Security Officer" changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I believe "Security Officer" should require a RRT license, due to his "Station Kit" spawning with a Tranquilizer gun, Riot shield.
(My secondary suggestion is to give Security Officer and Security Response Unit, weapon_stunstick, like every gensec job should have)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No, i believe the lack of requirement for a RRT license is an oversight. In my opinion every job that spawns with these weapons should require a RRT license.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Players who don't have RRT experience shouldn't be trusted with tranquilizer guns and riot shields. putting these weapons between a license would encourage players to complete RRT training first.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
This job's second kit, the Patrol Kit, would work perfectly fine without requiring RRT license, so im not sure how to tackle this problem without splitting the 2 loadouts into 2 jobs again.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe the problem of RRT weapons being given to non-RRT-licensed players is a very bad idea, so i hope that changes be made in order to fix this oversight.

Attachments

• obraz_2023-09-20_181348666.png
    obraz_2023-09-20_181348666.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 18
  • obraz_2023-09-20_181357864.png
    obraz_2023-09-20_181357864.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023
sorry then, but the tranq gun problem still applies

The part about the shotgun was a smaller point in the suggestion anyway, the rest still applies
(removed the incorrect parts from the post)

-support

If anything, remove the tranq gun. Officer is not a license required role, and is only level locked. If this gets accepted, then gensec who get a high enough level will be stuck at level 2 because either they failed the RRT tryout or cannot find time to attend one. There's a reason why we had license and level locked roles (RRT) and just level locked roles (Reg. Officer, Sergeant), and why we still have them.

If you really have problems with the tranq gun, either change this suggestion to remove the gun from non-liscensed role, or report misuse of equipment (with a clip) to GENSEC leadership. We can perfectly deal out punishments and are making sure misuse of equipment does not continue to happen.

Reactions: mistreating
Jul 11, 2023
-support

Probably would have to make an entire new job role for this if it was applied, and for people using the Patrol kit would just make it a lot more annoying if they don't have / want to get RRT. Also new players and such who play security guard should get the memo that once they unlock Officer they should not abuse the tranq gun in any way or they'd be job banned. Also it would make SRU kind of less useful, due to SRU basically being the new RRT.

Note that trying to job ban someone abusing a tranq pistol is very hard. You know... because they can just tranq gun us when we try to ban them.
you realise you can make sits to get people job banned right?

-support anyway, you shouldnt require a rrt license to play gensec, no one wants to be capped at cl2 because they cant get a RRT tryout when they are on lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.