Slab's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Your in-game name: Garry Goodfella
Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:503883362
Your steam community link:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198968032452/
Date of ban:12/16/2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Script Abuse
Who banned you: Zeus
Ban length?: 1w
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Stop playing with +right and +left while in my containment chamber
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Nope
Why should you be unbanned: I was playing with +right and +left while listening to music playing as scp-049, my mate in the other room called me away from the desk so I went over to help him with his assignment. I meant to disconnect from the server but then remembered you'd get removed anyways for being AFK if I didn't get back in time. So, it didn't cross my mind that the +right or +left stuff would effect that as I thought the you have to actually be typing, talking, interacting with things or walking/running around to be counted as active. Honest to god I didn't even know that was script abuse either, or that the console was script. I have no intention to break the rules as an active member of the gamemaster team I enjoy providing a fun and enjoyable environment. This is completely on my negligence and I am sorry. I shouldn't have been playing around in console especially not something like that, after looking through some threads I've realized this is called macroing and I am really sorry. In hindsight I puts it as u was trying to cheat the afk system and in a way I agree that's exactly what leaving it on +right would do. I didn't wish to cause problems or issues for anyone.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: By not taking chances and playing it safe, so if I need to step away I should either go on civilian or entirely disconnect from the server. Especially after going back over the rules and understanding that this was probably a poor idea overall. I'll take better time and consider my decisions for the future.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I want to continue providing fun and enjoyable events, as well as be apart of the community to play with my friends. I only wish to have fun on the server and enjoy some scprp. Ive always enjoyed playing on scprp and I hope it doesnt end now.

Last edited:

Author

Jun 8, 2022
Hello @Slab I'll be responding to your ban appeal today with my side of the story.
Firstly I would like to start this off with the length of your ban, due to the Punishment Guidelines that staff must follow; my hands were tied and I had to give you the minimum ban length required, which in this case was a week. With your history on the server, I do believe the length of your ban should be lowered. Now with what happened, my staff team (content team) was assigned a bug to test out that involved SCP-049. I went to your Containment cell cloaked and asked if "you were alive" to which I was given no response, directly following that message you began to rotate in place. I then called another staff over to witness to incase an appeal was posted, following me calling @verybobby over to your cell we both asked and physguned you to try and have you stop the +right and +left abuse, but it was to no avail. After I and Bobby determined you were not going to respond, I took appropriate action and banned you for "Macros/Scripts [A]"​
___________________________________________________________________________________________Sincerely, Zeus.​

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Yeah I don't blame you at all. You are just doing your duties. I do wish I knew what macro and scripting was before this happened. Even when I was apart of the staff team I only ever knew console as console. Again I am really sorry and had no intention to abuse or break the rules.

Pugkipz

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 18, 2022
Puerto Rico
Appeal Accepted

Hi Slab,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

you are clearly remorseful about what happened, I will remove the ban as this only your first offense when it comes to this, You now know for the future not to use the console in such a manner.​

Status
Not open for further replies.