Denied Slight edit to RDM rule

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucía "Skibble"

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Makes it so that killing a d class who is cuffed isn't RDM every single time (see last 3 paragraphs)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Fewer people warned for RDM
Allows MTFs to get on with duties more

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
D class losing stuff (an argument already made by staff)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Currently, it's considered RDM if you kill a cuffed d class who is compliant. This makes sense, but I've noticed that a few people have been warned for it when I think it shouldn't have been.

Let's paint a scene. It's a code 5, mass SCP breach and I'm an E11. I've got to get to the breach. Out of nowhere, someone hands me a d class and runs off. This d class is compliant, but I now have him in the middle of a code 5. 106 isn't out, so I have no use for him. The best, but unethical, thing to do would be to just kill him and get on with the breach. This wouldn't be random at all, I have a very valid RP reason for killing him: there are much bigger issues that I have to get to. Yet under the current way RDM works, this would be a rulebreak and would see me warned.

I understand the argument of D class RP, which has been made on complaints relating to this rule, but equally mine would be disrupted by having to find someone to return the d class / walk all the way to d block in the middle of E-11's gameplay loop. It's absolutely unethical and would be a very valid IC thing, but I don't think it should extend to OOC in every circumstance. Unethical but more efficient ways to get on with MTF duties shouldn't be RDM.

Boris Johnson

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023

-Support

Let me hurt the RP situation so that I can go contain SCP's that are eventually going to get contained anyways moment.

Last edited:

Jack Frost

Aug 25, 2022
- Support
Your only option isn't to take them back or kill them. You can just ignore the d-class and go deal with the breach.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
-support i think it removes any opportunity for the d class to escape and hurts rp, isn't that what the whole server is about? there's barely any d-class RP anyway and adding more cases where it's fine to just shoot them EVEN IF THEY ARE COMPLIANT is silly imo

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
-support i think it removes any opportunity for the d class to escape and hurts rp, isn't that what the whole server is about? there's barely any d-class RP anyway and adding more cases where it's fine to just shoot them EVEN IF THEY ARE COMPLIANT is silly imo
D-class escape RP: Kill people trying to RP, breach SCP, die, repeat.
10/10 experience, this must be protected at all cost.
+support, the mental gymnastics you have to take to say D-class prolonging breaches ten-fold is "enhancing RP" is blatant if you play on USA early morning.

Mirage

Donator
Jun 15, 2022
UK
-Neutral
The idea on paper sounds good but I feel like this could abused and might have SL will have to be extremely
specific about what is RDM and what isn’t.

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
+ Support
Man if I'm a cuffed D-Class in like Delta Wing, I'd rather just get put down tbh

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
+Support
I hate D-Class. This could be abused by mingy GSD to avoid doing any of their duties, then screaming "It's an IC issue!!!".

Foxatron

Donator
Apr 16, 2022

Suggestion Denied

Hi @Skittles ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion.

The reason we have denied this is because you are just asking for a clarification rather than suggesting a change.

kind regards,

Foxatron

Status
Not open for further replies.