Sneefy Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneefy

Sep 28, 2022
Your in-game name: Freak
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:119287774
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198198841277/
Date of ban: Tuesday Sep 27 23:59:42 2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM
Who banned you: Moon Tzu
Ban length?: 2 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCPRP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Read the rules carefully
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: No
Why should you be unbanned: I was unaware RDM rules applied to D-Class, I assumed as a D-Class everyone was fair game considering most of the quests related to killing other players and I also quite regularly saw D-Class killing other D-Class randomly. I assumed wrongly that considering the fact D-Class hold no valuables and from a roleplay perspective prisoners kill each other for any reason they like IRL.
Tl;dr: Yes I broke the rule I'm accused of, no it was not malicious and came from genuine ignorance.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Reading the rules carefully
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:[/b] This server has a heavy roleplay focus that is one-of-a-kind to any other kind of roleplay on gmod. I'm not a minge and I have a genuine interest in this server, I'm just a noobie who arrogantly assumed he understand the rules.

Moon

Jul 12, 2022
Hello @Sneefy

Thank you for taking the time to make an appeal.

Like you stated, you broke the rules and murdered 3 people and I stopped you mid swing to kill your forth while they were just sitting in the research line.

When I pulled you into the sit you were apologetic and seemed to genuinely didn't know it was against the rules, but you still interrupted RP.

RDM in any way is not tolerated which is why I issued a 2 week ban for MRD. I do believe this is your first warn/ban, so I hope you learn your lesson.

Regards,
Moon.

Sneefy

Sep 28, 2022
That's a more than accurate assessment, I was having a laugh and I wasn't taking the roleplay environment seriously enough and I'm sure I ruined the experience for other players. This will not happen again.

I'm not appealing the decision to ban me just the punishment, I'm pleading for leniency in the amount of time banned as I don't consider my actions in bad faith against the server. I have every respect for the staff and the work everybody has put into this server and I would never intentionally disrupt that. I have even put my name through to the community managers to use my own creative work to contribute to the server in future trailers or other video content.

Flames

CG Super VIP
Donator
Jan 10, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi Sneefy,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Upon reviewing the situation, I've reduced your ban to 3 days. Please refrain from killing people without a valid reason.
Just because people were killing others doesn't mean you should do it yourself. Please refrain and be careful with your choices and what you do.

Regards,
Flames​

Status
Not open for further replies.