Not open for further replies.

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
Your in-game name: [Batman] Gerg

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:80508688

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/spannerman12/

Date of ban: Saturday Feb 4th

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Cheating (Class X)

Who banned you: Kiwi

Ban length: Perma

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/militaryrp-rules.10/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: Idk I never cheated

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? No

Why should you be unbanned: Because I didn't actually break the rule I got banned for, I was actually told over a month ago I was being investigated and actually had my rank locked which I thought was bad enough

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will continue not to cheat and maintain my clean record

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I enjoy the server and I think its unique, I also want to progress further in STS

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
Isnt even the first time they banned me for cheating they unbanned me before a couple of years back so it just goes to show really, I understand the implications of a high KDA but it doesn't always mean hacks. Due to the length of the investigation, it feels like they watched me find me do like 3 things they could consider fishy over 2 months of playtime to ban me while I wasn't even on the server.

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
To be fair lad, I've been killed a fair few times by you.
Headshot after headshot after headshot where it seemed very fishy.

In your case it would be good to supply some sort of footage (screenrecordings) of you playing to proof you're not guilty.
I would provide footage of me playing if I had any lmao.
Didn't expect to be banned tbh considering I have had to prove myself before.

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
Hello Batman,

As you're well aware you were being investigated for cheating for some time due to suspicions from both staff and players. We didn't find enough evidence to do so until the day of your ban, I will not be posting the evidence here however it is substantial enough for the ban to stick. You mention in your ban appeal that you were unbanned a few years back, myself and the rest of Senior SL and looked over the evidence and came to the conclusion that you shouldn't have been unbanned in the first place. It was a mistake on behalf on the SL at the time.

I hope this brings some light as to why you were banned. Bans like this don't happen often and when they do it's concrete, we have all the evidence we believe is necessary for you to serve a proper punishment.

Regards,
Kiwi.

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
I waited a while for this and I really expected to be unbanned (again) if you think you have evidence of me cheating could you please send it to me via discord or even private message over the forums as I would like to see what has made your senior leadership team believe that I am using cheats, my discord is Spooda#2025

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
Hello @Kiwi ,

I asked you to message me here on the forums under my ban appeal but you seem to of either overlooked my response or ignored it at the end of the day you are claiming you have hard evidence of me cheating and if you can show me this you can community-wide ban me or something along those lines because I think that is a fair punishment for these actions.
I do not want to undermine the work you put into this but at the end of the day its a gmod server and you still have time to play as well as deal with your staff issues, I have waited far too long for a response from you I understand that you have been on LOA or whatever but you are not the only member of the SL team, it is severely childish for you to ignore this post or oversee it as I can tell from monitoring the problems on the forums you and the team do not have a substantial amount of ban appeals to deal with especially one that is 'class x' I know this as you have been active on the forums thought the period of my ban. I have already sat out a 3 week long ban for something I have not done. I think we both know the easiest way to expedite this situation would be to send your so-called evidence to me and prove to me I am cheating or I am quite happy for you to post it publically on here.
To conclude my message I think the ban is bullshit and it was because I was shitting on everyone on your server and they were getting upset I have come to this conclusion because of the lack of attention I have been given in my process of being unbanned which I believe should happen however in the debate of what should happen and what will it isn't always that simple because its a video game server and can easily be a dictatorship.

Best regards,
Spooda

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Hello @Spooda ,

First of all, I offer my humble apologies for the time taken to process and investigate this appeal. Although it is unorthodox for me to do so, I will be adding a little to this appeal as I was also involved in the decision-making.

We have evidence of you pertaining to be "suspicious" which led our talented staff team to begin a lengthy investigation of your actions on our server.

Know this, the time we spent looking into you is a true reflection of how we take our time to ensure we make the right decision as getting things wrong can have consequences for the falsely banned individual. Throughout this process, we saw behaviour that was out of the ordinary, and we started to identify patterns. Your actions allowed us to confidently identify that you were using 3rd Party Software to gain an upper hand which violates our rules.

I looked into the previous evidence that resulted in your previous ban, I concluded that the Server Leadership member that reviewed your case made the incorrect decision to unban you. At this moment in time, you have returned to your old ways and this resulted in you being banned permanently.

I apologise on behalf of SL, that we have not been as proactive with responses to your appeal, but we were busy assisting with our brand new server and I hope you can understand this.

As this ban was performed by a Super Admin rank, your appeal will be reviewed and replied to by Network Leadership.

Kind Regards,

Doofy​

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Hi, there are quite a few clips of you quite egregiously tracking players through walls / wallbanging players that you have no way of knowing the location of, I don't think that sound or game sense is suddenly going to give you the ability to lock onto players you can't see.

I will show you these 4 clips as I think they summarise things pretty well:

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
Hi @Cloak,
I looked at the evidence you provided and the claims you have made and I just want to ask you what is your ping on the server or if your spectate addon you are using is broken or something?

In the first clip you can clearly see the other users aim snap to the door and then back through the wall as well as him firing shots towards me granted my health does not change however you can clearly see him firing due to the flash coming out of the gun. Yes it is pretty obvious to see how you could claim I snapped on to him through the wall but as you can see after around 30 seconds of me looking deeper it seems like you have made a mistake.

In the second clip you can see me looking at a hill which they was a enemy FOB where they were constantly spawning, funny enough they was someone in that direction...

In the third clip I shot someone on a hill I'm not sure what your claiming here as I clearly miss multiple shots and if I was to be locking onto him surely I wouldn't miss and just completely shred him.

In the fourth clip I'm just looking at a angle...

Could you elaborate exactly when you think they could of been me cheating I understand the first clip but you can look at it for 4 more seconds and see otherwise.

Regards,
Spooda

Last edited:

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
Hi, I was thinking about my ban a lot today and the evidence against me and I feel like this ban has just been carried out due to people complaining and they is no concrete evidence against me, the clips which you have shown as your reason for banning me could easily just be coincidences which is exactly what they are and they likelihood of anything suspicious occurring goes up due to the length of the investigation

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Hi, I don't agree with your assessment of the clips, particularly in the second clip, there is no reasonable explanation for why you would be looking that low down on the hill, and through a tree, if you were actually watching for people spawning on the FOB. Regarding the first clip, the spectate addon can have small hiccups due to lag / prediction but these generally happen for a tick or two, if you have been looking in a direction for over a second on spectate then it is a representation of your true aim vector.

Regarding the fourth clip it's pretty clear that what we are talking about here is your uncanny ability to be aiming directly at other players through terrain. You were never accused of using aimbot so you missing some shots in the third clip is not really relevant, using ESP on its own is very common.

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
Hi, I would love to change your perspective on these clips so I'm going to go through why I think you are wrong and your comments in your observations you mentioned in the previous message are flawed.

In the first clip you can clearly see him shooting back at me proving a fair gun fight where we can both see each other as well as this I knew he was there due to the obnoxiously loud parachute, hence me pre-firing the door way (no volume on clip thou). Also please see the decal/effect from the wall which shows him shooting back at me through the wall, to me this looks like a error with your spectate addon or either we are both using cheats, see image below.
1677790181318.png

In the second clip, you can see me looking towards the hill side which happens to be in the direction where someone else. You are correct in this situation I am looking in his direction through the terrain I cant say anything about that but it is a coincidence, but I can explain why I am looking so low down on the hill to exam the terrain. It is because of my FOV, when looking at the part of the hill I can clearly see the whole horizon of the hill allowing me to see if any one peaks, as well as this I can also see the bottom of the road from there. For example in the clip you clearly are not looking at radar hill but can you see it. To make it even clearer what I am saying see attached image below how you are aiming towards the dot however you can still see both of the squiggles I have drawn where you could be peaked from.
Also something to mention why would I ever use binoculars if I'm using ESP, doesn't it defeat the purpose?
1677790785591.png

In the third clip, which is the biggest stretch out of all of these clips you can see me clearly holding that position for a reason hence the shear amount of them there to which one of them pushed and got shot a killed? I'm so confused how you can say that it is through the trees as reason for ESP. If you watch the clip I identify him when he is to the left of the first tree on the tiny lump next to train yard which I then proceed to start shooting him for him to run behind the tree and then past it and then die, I understand that I shot him through a trees foliage but I do not have object permanence and can predict and shoot where he is going to be after previously seeing him. See below two images showing when I first see him and when he dies and compare the location to back up my statement.
1677792086892.png1677792193198.png

In the fourth clip I am just holding a very tight angle as you can see I'm not looking through any terrain to hold that angle and it is just a coincidence, I will mention that yes you can pause the clip and slow it down and you can see that I am clearly looking in his direction however understand that the time period of me holding that angle is over 2 seconds which is a very short period of time heightening the chance that this is just coincidence. I can say this clip supports my reasoning in the second clip as I am looking at the top of my screen within my FOV to access the hill above where my aim was whilst holding the angle and even towards the end of the clip when heading up the hill to my right I am also doing the same thing. There is no need for me to attach a image here, wont prove anything.

Overall I am just really keen to play the server again, I feel like it was very unique and fun. Even though my experience was limited due to staff telling my CO not to rank me up for 2 months due to investigation. I am still very keen to progress further and enjoy myself. All I ask is your consider my POV on this situation and opinion on your evidence. It has been shit for me, I felt like I had met a group of individuals I enjoyed playing with who would even joke about me hacking due to the investigation which got stripped away from me as well as the fun future experiences I looked forward to, and to summarise It feels really awful knowing how hard I sweated on that server only to be banned falsely diminishing my efforts to nothing but meaningless time wasted.

Spooda

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 25, 2021
Once again a ridiculous amount of time has passed, it seems like you guys are just keeping me banned for as long as you can. Could you please expedite your replies to my response this is getting very silly. I am still very keen to play and do not want to keep waiting.
@Cloak
@Doofy
@Kiwi

Winkie

Donator
Mar 27, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @Spooda ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I would thank you for waiting as cheating ban appeals aren't exactly a 5 minute thing, however, it's apparent you acted like an adolescent slightly. Now a few things to cover why your ban appeal is denied:

A) The criteria of believing you are cheating without any reasonable doubt.
B) Remorse is very low.

I am approaching this with an open mindset, not spoken to the staff in question I can form an opinion based on these posts. I do believe you was cheating and I do not believe you should be unbanned as aforementioned. If you are a committed member as you say you are, you can re-appeal remorsefully in the foreseeable future. I am sorry to give the response you weren't hoping for.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.