Time zone: CET
Character name(s): Sprucer "RECEPTIONIST"
Civilian name: [AWCY-X] "doctorman"
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): US
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
None
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Most of my warnings are inactive, and are rdm. Should i need elaborate on those i will. More detail can otherwise found in other applications of mine.

My two active warnings are one rdm which resulted in a stack ban rdm of 3 days (over 3 weeks old, almost inactive) and a toxicity warning that is two weeks old, appeal can be found here: https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/warn-appeal.14290/

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

I want the research department to advance and develop higher limits on every possible category.

I want Juniors to be educated, informed, and hold them to proper standards, and help them be the best they can at their studies, tests and peer reviews in a way that complements their way of doing things. I want this department to develop a standard for peer reviewing in itself, making it common practice and casual to talk about studies, formally or informally but in a way that can be documented, and all additions be included in each study, and at the same time encourage every researcher to review their own studies, through one of these collaborative research discussions. And i want to help different and all the same valid standards for more formats and creative forms of acquiring proper excellent grading in tests.

◃──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────▹

I would love to expand, elaborate, share and improve my work as a researcherin every single way.

I want to expand this on every front and want to make my work known to as many as possible, being accessible, educational, useful, and enlightnening in all the ways that a study could be. I enjoy producing quality and quantity work in elaborate studies of my own ideas or otherwise provided by others, as i often take suggestions from any researcher and plan to credit whoever gave me an idea for a study from now on in the study itself. There is a lot of creativity and i would love to encourage the exchange of ideas for interesting testing and studies between researchers no matter position. (All within one's clearance level, of course.)

I wish to make this department more known for all the good it has.

I wish to make it more common for researchers to engage with others, no matter the department, for any inquiry, should they have any. I love good interactions, and having different departments see we are active with them, ensures that we demonstrate that we indeed have the capabilites to develop the science of site 65, and discover and document what things we do not understand. Researchers engaging in other activities besides creating studies is too part of a healthy scientific environment, and i seek to foment these as well.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?

As a researcher, and mainly one at that, i love doing proper roleplay.

It is my reason to be a researcher. I have, however also spent hundreds of hours honing my skill, my expertise, my techniques, my studies, and my knowledge in order to elaborate the best, most elaborate documents that i could do with what i had available at any given point. I believe in improvement, and improved i haved since my last application. I have made many advancements in knowledge that i do think put me as a perfectly suitable candidate to executive, as well as developed more comprehensive ways to deal with issues, as well to come up with solutions that are efficient, time wise, resource wise, and effort wise, as quickly as i can.

I have as well spent many of my hours as a Sr. trying to aid as many researchers as i possibly could.

This is one of my most important goals, for myself, and i do believe that without proper guidance, one loses interest as quickly as they gained it. It is fundamental to have someone encourage you to do things you otherwise would not have done yourself, or even thought of yourself. Through and through, i have spent hours helping everyone that needed the help in the most informative way, so that when anyone in need of help has stopped talking to me, they have all the information they needed and then some. This is fundamental for anyone on the position to do, and i have spent my time making sure i knew how to teach Jrs, Researchers, and helping my Sr. peers as well any time they wanted said help.

If there is something that i think would benefit of me being executive is promoting deep heavy on roleplay, elaborate and creative tests.

I love creating complex and elaborate environments for all my studies to create some interesting rp out of what would otherwise be a not so interesting test, i make sure to give them my personal touch and imbue my documents and experiments with my own identity. I take pride in this, and i believe this is something that creates an identity, and mine is one that can teach others to develop their own touch. And also one that will promote, always deep, ingrained, interesting rp and tests, before seeing a test on "the hole", or sampling for the sake of it. To me, the roleplay is valuable as is the quality and quantity of it, and of the the results of every study.
We are always in need in more information in order to further understand anomalies and in order to gather better, more quantitative information studies need to be more in depth, more elaborate, more complex, and more intricate. That way we ensure knowledge is shared in the best way possible and everyone who uses this knowledge further is ensured to use it in the best way, with the least amount of information loss, plus as much detail as possible. A mediocre, barely RPd test, will not give much information, will not be of much use for further testing, will not have much purpose, and will overall not be used for anything other than taking up space. And all these points lead to the next question, and why it is important.

Another important point is having checked the entire executive roster not ONE single person on it is on the CET timezone or anywhere near it. I believe the server would GREATLY benefit from having someone playing on said timezone and near it, beacause when i play there are periods where there could pass 5 hours at a time and not a single executive will be on site during that time, and this happens everyday, leading to a lot of researchers with a lot of projects stopped for many hours due to simply not having ANY executives available at all. I believe this to be a very strong and important point, considering i usually play 8h+ a day, and i could massively boost and promote proper and interesting research when there are no executives online at all, so this is a strong point to consider.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

I have received an excellent grading on 8 documents.

However i will add to this and elaborate on it. As explained per my previous application my initial excellent graded document is one about ten different interviews packed into one singular study-document as a summary of them all, and a highlight of the most important results in each interview, relevant moments, etcetera. It is part one of ten, meaning it will be, once completed, 10% of the completed study, which will consist therefore of 10 parts, 10 interviews each part. The document itself can be found in the Scpinet, as can all the others. Regarding those, during these few weeks i have invested my time in producing Cross tests, of different kinds, due to a lack of them in an organized manner, or lack of information altogether in some cases. 7 of my 8 excellent documents are these Cross tests, all of which are the only ones i did, and all graded excellent. Specifically they all involve safe on inanimate cross testing. They include:

SCP-912 on SCP-330 crosstest.
SCP-073 on SCP-330 crosstest.
SCP-076-2 on SCP-330 crosstest.

◃─────────────────▹

SCP-912 on SCP-1025 crosstest I.
SCP 912 on SCP-1025 crosstest II.

◃─────────────────▹

SCP-073 on SCP-1025 crosstest I.
SCP-073 on SCP-1025 crosstest II.

Other than that, i have 10+ documents that are not uploaded to the Scpinet yet, for different reasons, but i do believe all of them to be of a quality i would consider myself excellent, or good at the very least, being two of them slightly older. All of them involve elaborate experiments, carefully documented in a way that makes me say that they do indeed deserve that quality i would call excellent. On that note, i will move on to the next question,

In the ScD there will always be differing opionions, of course, but obviously there are standards on doing the things we do.

One of said standards are documents. The way documents are formatted for an excellent grading before they are uploaded and submitted is not a requirement imposed by anyone, but rather something that executives, or even SRs, as well as DoRs work on to create examples of what is an excellent formatting. These examples can be found in the research wing break room, and some other places, and are truly excellent examples of how to format your studies in order to obtain the highest grading a study can obtain. Even if these are examples, you will find a set of common points between them.
There are things a document must have to receive an excellent grading, in one way or another. Even if the format you follow may change throughout your studies, there is a minimum of areas you must cover in your study, alongside the process of obtaining the information for each. Ultimately, whether a document is worthy of excellent grading or not will be up to the Executive team / Director of Research, hence why you not only need certain minimal points, you also need other things. But i will go point by point, starting with the essentials, which in my opinion make a document excellent grade worthy.

◃──────────────────────▹

< Index >
Detailing which page contains which information and so on.
SCP description, including a description of the scp that can be copied from the wiki itself, plus an image if you can manage to properly attach one.

< Hypothesis >
Detailing what you expect to happen during the test, and in which way could things go; explore possiblities and present different conclusions, it is a hypothesis, so it is important to speak your ideas for what is, your own test.

< Goal of study >
An important section where you will elaborate upon what you hope to accomplish / find out through this study, as well as what your study brings to the foundation as a whole.

< Participant section >
That is a list of the personnel involved with your test.

< Methodology >
Including with detail all the steps you will follow, preferably in order to complete the test. Through it, it is also best to detail all safety precautions for personnel involved, especially for more dangerous tests.

< Findings >
In this part you will detail what happened during the testing, and what results your test produced in general, as well as a timeline of the events if you wish.

< Conclusion >
This is arguably the most important part of the testing, since here you will elaborate on what the results part tells you, and what the conclusion indeed, of this test is. Was there a reaction? Is the test conclusive? Do you need further testing? Sum up your study and using the data you gathered, close the study with an educated conclusion.

< Authorisation >
This can go at the end or begginning, but in case you are doing something requiring clearance above your level, include a signature box for the authorising part, and a signature box for yourself, and indicate which is which clearly.

Now onto the second part. The first part is a summary of what does make a document worthy of an excellent grade in a more or less consistent format. As far as RP goes no standar has been set on stone about how an excellent document should be redacted, since in all honesty one excellent document on 035 might be 8 pages with no images and no special, particularly good formatting and another could be 20 pages with great formatting and many areas. And you will find that the first is creative, well written, interesting and educational while the second is quite standard, with nothing really new, just very well made.

This brings me to how i see a document is to be considered for an excellent grade as well.

Having mentioned previous examples there is something every excellent grade document i would grade would have to have. And it is creativity. Besides the minimum "standard" i already detailed, a document has to be creative. It has to show interest and good RP with all personnel involved, and it has to be unique. Things such as proper grammar, i do not see as important, while it is something to consider, the same as a good formatting, creativity, uniqueness, and roleplay take priority in receiving an excellent grade.
Should a study on one SCP have great formatting and grammar as well as a lot of words, but lacks those three things, it will always be graded below a mediocre formatting, okay grammar, and great roleplay, uniqueness, creativity document, because THAT is what shows the effort into the research, not into something that could as well be an already made template, or copy paste information.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?

Executives are in charge of leading the proper healthy status of the department, as they are the ones that guide it on the day to day.

In the department of research they grade the documents, and also point out reasons of why one grade or another was given to the researcher that was graded. As much as they are in charge of grading, they are also in charge of authorising. Authorising comes in different shapes. They authorise tests, of clearance above their level to reseaerchers, and they also authorise methods and lines of study on different SCPs. And they also authorise studies on their own by giving approval on a document, on which they can participate should they choose to. They are also the ones in charge of their SRs, Researchers and JRs, as in supervising them in such a way that their behavior is in line with CoC, and also in line with ethics guidelines, and to make sure to let them know when, and what they have done wrong, in case they fail to adhere to proper procedures, or should their test fail, among other things.

They are also responsible of overseeing the direction the department is taking, alongside their director, they are indeed a team, so again, in daily activities they must oversee testing and ensure that it always is substantial in any amount, be it educational value, practical value, transformative value, or otherwise. They are responsible of making sure that indeed, learning occurs, and previous tests allows for better performance of future tests, more quality, different angles, etcetera. Executives must always look at past mistakes and be prepared to prevent repeating and promote improving on said mistakes.

When executives must review documents, there is always things to consider towards grading. These are the method, the goal, the length, proper interactions, detailed events, and aligned findings and conclusion alongside hypothesis. On the same note, when approving a document to a SR about a CL4 SCP, one must also consider safety measures, CAREFULLY examine methodology, ensure testing is as per protocol (All protocols and procedures are adequate as per Code of Conduct, and Ethics) and the reason and goal and aligned with Foundation, in a way that is benefitial to all.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Sprucer was just a normal Physics undergrad, chugging along, you know. Never excelling too much, thats for sure. He did seem to never put much effort into anything he did, but things did go well regardless. And go well they did until one day, they didn't. He was on campus, about to go eat lunch, when he heard something weird. A looming voice, deep, and rasp, seemed to come from everywhere. It was unlike anything he had ever heard before, a strange sound is all he could make it out to be, really. In just a second however, the voice seemed to focus, and emit from one direction only. That direction was a research lab, about 60 feet from him, on the other side of the corridor on which he was now standing.

The voice may have changed origin, but it was certainly quite the imposing sound. He had never been one for getting scared, mostly, but this voice was starting to get... unnerving. He set foot towards the voice, towards the lab, as it grew louder, speaking in a language he could not ascertain, which seemed odd to him, because he was quite the fan of human speech. As he approached the door, a white light emanated from its glass pane. It was so bright and pure, he thought he was hallucinating. Of course this had to be a dream. What else could explain all of this. When he opened the door, the flash was blinding. All this time, he did not notice, but, there was nobody in campus. Not a single soul. When his eyes got confortable, what he saw, was a mask. A white one to be precise. It was there, inside the fume hood. It was a sleek mask, as far as he knew it seemed to be one of those medieval carnival masks. It looked elegant, thin, blue eyes, pointy nose, small eyebrows, and a pointy chin, scoring a small relaxed mouth, seeming to be a tranquil face, quite calm. The voice became less loud then, and it seemed to say things in a softer tone. He picked it up slowly, looking at it. From behind, its eyes seemed like holes, unlike their solid front, and it gave off no light from this side. Then it spoke. Not in a weird tongue. But in english. And it said, "It seems you are who he spoke of. Tread carefully child. Your mission, your purpose, is still unclear. Yet... I feel... You will bring about something... Lead your own fate, child. Farewell."

The mask stopped speaking altogether, leaving him confused and bewildered, not for long however, as through the door, came storming a group of heavily armed soldiers, of some military, it seemed, which quickly surrounded him with rifles pointed at his head. "WHERE IS IT?", one of them shouted. "THE BLACK MASK" he continued, seeming agitated, and desperate. Before he could begin speaking again, a soldier fell to the ground, seemingly unconscious. Another followed. And another. In the end, of the 20 or so soldiers that came, only one remained standing, the one who spoke. It quickly reached out to a communications device, and said, "Pho-1845 unit is down. Suspect seems passive, awaiting ord-" before collapsing on the ground like the rest. Sprucer noticed, that the mask that spoke to him, was somehow gone, vanished out of thin air. But then, he felt dizzy, and his vision started to black out, as he realized his fate would be that of the soldiers. As he fainted, he felt his body fall to the ground, like dead meat.

As he woke up, he looked around, to see a place like a medical area, with beds, and a couple of doctors, tending to people that looked like prisoners, others with suits, and a couple armored people, with black padded combat suits. One doctor spoke to him, and said, "You are safe now. You will work here, with them. Good luck." As he looked up, confused, and walked up to another patient. Since then, he was told he was hired as a trainee to be a researcher in that facility, that place, what they called the SCP Foundation. Weird things were there. Monsters, weird objects, paranormal things, and death. Nothing his physics degree could explain. "Well, im done." He thought, as he was led to the research break room of the facility, where his training would begin. 4 years have passed since he started there being 21, and he is now a Senior in the research department. He is respected by his peers, and those with less experience, all of which he treats nicely. The reason he agreed to all of this, was that mask. Up until now he has only found one link to it. SCP-035, the black mask. The first time he saw it, months after joining as a junior, he knew, it had something to do with the mask he encountered. He had to uncover this. He needed to know what all the white mask said meant. And so he began, a study in which he would discover the link between the two, and what he heard, if it was the last thing he did. He was never this serious, but he felt he had... a role? he does not know yet, but he was always goofy and unserious. When it comes to the black mask, though, he seems to change. When he is around 035, he is different. Composed. Focused. Almost... scary. Up until recently, he did not make any discoveries, but his research finally proved fruitful. The mask spoke of a host, His first one. He knows, this, is merely the beginning.

Zero Hero

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022

To: spreceptionist@scpf.int

Subject: Application Verdict

| Application Denied |
Greetings Sprucer,

This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you that your application for the position of Executive Researcher has been unfortunately denied. We thank you for taking the time to apply for this position; after much deliberation, the team has decided to deny your application.

If you would like to discuss manners further, you may email (Discord message) either myself (Don't forget Hawaii#8207) or Dpt. Director Lunaro (Bees#4431).

You may reapply in 2 weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.