Denied Suggestion to add - SCP-166 [The Rewritten 166]

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSideGaming

Nov 8, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[It's no secret that there's plenty of RP elements that are going unused. I feel like adding some SCPs that are more or less more docile, despite being beyond "Safe" classification. For example, SCP-166, aka, "The Daughter", would be a perfect "Get-to-know-you" SCP, as she's way more talkative and animate, similar to that of 049, without the risk of being attacked after having pissed off the anomaly. It wouldn't really remove anything, but it would sure add a lot, including extra research opportunities for the research staff.]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[No. While looking, I did not see anyone else suggest adding SCP-166 before the writing of this suggestion.]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[The positives can vary. The ones I'd like to focus on are the RP focused ones. As her official file on the SCP Foundation Official Website, states that her meals are cooked thoroughly, and that she is to be provided cotton clothing that is rotated monthly. Another positive is the "interview" capability with SCP-166, as she is just as talkative as SCP-049 when docile, not to mention 166, albeit still Euclid, doesn't pose as much a danger as someone like 049 or 096. It can also put more use to the biohazard suits for researchers and security staff.]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[According to the official entry, there is no dedicated clearance level needed to access SCP-166, but I'd assume she'd be put in at-least Clearance 2, if not CL1 for generous staff on the thought. Another negative could be the fact its so far the only confirmed Female SCP so far that has been suggested, which may lead to some undesirable speech and language from Foundation Staff or Class-D personnel if not under a good, mature eye.]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[SCP-166 adds a lot to the "RP" elements of CG SCP RP. It encourages being more calm and civil with the anomalies, as the foundation code is "The Foundation is Cold, not Cruel". Plus it may give some SCP SuperFans to have better experience in understanding how to handle the different threat-levels of SCPs during the RP scenario, and to have a bit of variety with what anomalies are on site.]

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
as a diehard fan of the original 166 that refuses to acknowledge the rewrite,
-Support with prejudice

...i will not be taking questions
i mean, i get why, but

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
no
-support, don't need yet another passive scp that walks around doing jack all especially a little girl- you know you're playing on a GMod RP server, you're definitely not mentioning the very obvious negative which i shall not name

NightSideGaming

Nov 8, 2023
no
-support, don't need yet another passive scp that walks around doing jack all especially a little girl- you know you're playing on a GMod RP server, you're definitely not mentioning the very obvious negative which i shall not name
That 166 doesnt exist anymore. It hasnt for 3 years. While yes, SCP-166 in both incantations is still a teenager, the controversial aspects no longer exist, as I've already stated in the title "The REWRITE".

The rewrite is much more tame than that perverted mess that was the original SCP 166.

Besides her effect is as such, and I quote right from the entry on the SCP Wiki... "Within a fifteen-meter radius of SCP-166, artificial objects gradually return to an unworked state. Higher complexity objects like electronics or vehicles are affected quicker, with degradation of their metallic components causing catastrophic structural failure in a matter of hours. Rudimentary materials, such as stone buildings or products made of organic materials, decay at a virtually imperceptible rate. Within the same radius plant life will begin to sprout, often growing in improbable places such as out of security cameras or ID scanners."

Your response just proves you don't read the official entries every day.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
I feel like generally the current inanimate SCP's could need a rework, they are staying too blant and after like 2 years everyone knows what they do. They could need additional effects or something that makes it worth for them to research on. Adding too many SCP's will leave out the ones that are were there since the start

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
That 166 doesnt exist anymore. It hasnt for 3 years. While yes, SCP-166 in both incantations is still a teenager, the controversial aspects no longer exist, as I've already stated in the title "The REWRITE".

The rewrite is much more tame than that perverted mess that was the original SCP 166.

Besides her effect is as such, and I quote right from the entry on the SCP Wiki... "Within a fifteen-meter radius of SCP-166, artificial objects gradually return to an unworked state. Higher complexity objects like electronics or vehicles are affected quicker, with degradation of their metallic components causing catastrophic structural failure in a matter of hours. Rudimentary materials, such as stone buildings or products made of organic materials, decay at a virtually imperceptible rate. Within the same radius plant life will begin to sprout, often growing in improbable places such as out of security cameras or ID scanners."

Your response just proves you don't read the official entries every day.

did i mention anything about their abilities (past or present)? what I said still stands; don't pretend you didn't understand/invalidated what was said

you seem awfully defensive about this?

TripTrap

Oct 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Suggestion Denied

Hi @NightSideGaming,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

After discussing this suggestion, we concluded that due to the amount of new SCP's already being added as of recent, it wouldn't be a good idea to add any more at this current moment in time.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.