Accepted TeamSpeak Additon

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would add a new whitelisted Teamspeak "Research Command" which would be used by Executive Researchers, Research Directors, and SA/SC/Ethics who would need to communicate with each other.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It would make it easier for Executives to Communicate with each other easily.
It would make it easier for Cl4 Research Staff to talk quickly with SA rather than having to spend ages co ordinatiing IC meetings or OOC Discord stuff just to get clarifcation for things, as all they would need to do is hop into Research Command.
Would overall be a good QoL change

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Could lead to Metagaming.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe that it would be useful for Execs to better talk with each other, and co ordinate things such as cross testing, or co ordinate job bans for problematic Researchers. While there could be a risk of metagaming as CI DCs would have a harder time kidnapping Cl4s, It could be resolved by making it a OOC channel, or just forbiding the use of it to call out sus individuals

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
-Support
I vehemently oppose the idea of adding new Teamspeak channels, and I'm not about to sugarcoat my objections. This is a terrible decision that threatens to disrupt the entire community dynamic. What's the point in complicating our setup when the current one works perfectly well?

It's mind-boggling that anyone would think that adding more channels is the way to go. All it's going to do is confuse people and create unnecessary divisions within the community. Do we really want newcomers to be utterly overwhelmed and frustrated when they log in? Is that the impression we want to leave?

Not to mention the fact that more channels will inevitably lead to watered-down interactions. We'll have so many places for people to hide that the community will lose its vitality and sense of togetherness. We should be focusing on quality conversations and connections, not spreading ourselves thin across countless channels.

In sum, adding new Teamspeak channels is a terrible idea, plain and simple. It's going to do more harm than good, and I can't sit idly by without voicing my strong opposition to this misguided proposal. We should be streamlining and improving what we have rather than compounding our problems with unnecessary complexity.

:poop::poop:
this gmod shit aint no game

Medical, Research & GSD rarely use their normal team speak channels to begin with, so why give them any more
I use the research channel. And it's frustrating because half the time I do there's almost infobreaches because I tried to discuss certain SCPs with different researchers. Why bother using the channel that everyone can use when half the time it's just going to cause infobreaches?

+Support
honestly while we're at it, could we have some extra subchannels in places like MTF channels? there are an increasing amount of cases where any of: a tryout, training, PT, BT or private CO discussion - need to happen simultaneously and we don't really have good options for this; We end up having to use other MTF's CO channels (which isn't fair on the other MTFs if they end up needing to use it at some point - well, they have priority over using it so if they end up having to use it, it really ends up disrupting us, but you get the idea) or some of the public areas like the ERT channel (which anyone could come in and try to disrupt).

could also investigate where else this might be applicable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.