Your steam community link:

Date of ban:
March 4, 2023

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):
Cheating | Awaiting Extension

Who banned you:
Camden [-1] (STEAM_0:1:235626305)

Ban length?:
2 Weeks Awaiting Extension (Possibly Permenant)

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):
Main Rules - https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/militaryrp-rules.10/
Staff Rulings - https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/mrp-staff-rulings.8875/

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
I will stop joking around and saying that "I am cheating" after people say that I was doing good during a war.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
No.

Why should you be unbanned:
I believe that I should be unbanned because I see my ban as not right. I was informed that I was banned due to me saying the statement "Yes, I am cheating" to another one of my regiment member as a joke. In return, he was spectating me and banned me because of it. I see that my joke has been blown way too out of proportions and feel like I should be unbanned. I have not cheated before and any one of the people that have played with me for a long time can vouch that I would never do it, I simply have 16,000 hours and play the game way too much.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I can ensure that I will not break any server rules by studying the rulebook and the staff rulings while I am banned. I have already been attempting to make sure I have clarifications from server leadership when I am confused and would like to continue this trend.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:[/b]

I really enjoy the community and the players alike, and I have spent a long time in the military roleplay category. As you can see, I really enjoy the game and am good enough in order to always be consistent and would like to keep this trend. I also hold rankings that I would like to keep, such as enlisted in both STS and Delta Force, as well as the Crimson Blade Leader.

Camden

Jul 7, 2022
Hello, @TeKz
I do understand there is a possibility that you were joking, however from what I had seen Vatican had been Physgunning you and said people were crying about you cheating and asked if you were nd then you said something along the lines of you were, I don't have the exact quote. I talked with @DoomGuy and we both agreed it seemed like a serious response and you had been suspected of cheating prior. If you do happen to have just been joking, which at the time I found quite hard to believe, then sorry for wasting your time however i'll leave the rest to Server Leadership.

TeKz

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 26, 2021
Hello, @TeKz
I do understand there is a possibility that you were joking, however from what I had seen Vatican had been Physgunning you and said people were crying about you cheating and asked if you were nd then you said something along the lines of you were, I don't have the exact quote. I talked with @DoomGuy and we both agreed it seemed like a serious response and you had been suspected of cheating prior. If you do happen to have just been joking, which at the time I found quite hard to believe, then sorry for wasting your time however i'll leave the rest to Server Leadership.
Yes I see how it was a misunderstanding, but I say it seriously on purpose for shitty comedic effect.

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
I talked with @DoomGuy and we both agreed it seemed like a serious response
I had not talked to him about the severeness of the joke, nor the ban, I think you're referring to the SL you were talking to.

while I was there in the bunks as you said it, I did not hear you say the first part of what you had said which was Sly asking you something along the lines of "you know a lot of people think you cheat" and you responded with "Yea I do cheat". <-- This part I didn't hear. after showing filip where the hacking training area was, I had came back and heard "Yea I'm pretty good without them, I turned them off on SCPRP one time and had headshot 6 CI in a row" after hearing this I had gotten confused, and at that time Camden had said that 'Fries' (TeKz NWO name) had admitted to cheating. I had asked for the clip which he had sent to me and the SL he was talking to. That SL had approved the ban, which Camden carried out. I hope this does clear up some confusion around your ban which it could have been.

I do wanna ask though, if this was a joke why carry on like you did? I understand if people think you're super good and they call you for cheats you might say "Yea I am totally" or something along the lines, which you hadn't and I think was a part in your ban. Of course I'm not the SL handling this ban nor was I the one who approved it. So ill leave it to SL to decide what should happen, I just thought I'd leave what I saw leading up to your ban.

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Just as a note to the four people who commented on this ban appeal (the posts for which have now been deleted), your opinion is not welcome unless you are the player banned or one of the staff involved in the ban. This is clearly stated in the rules for ban appeals. Forum bans can be issued if you do this and infractions can be issued to any staff members who take part in this behavior.

If you have evidence that a ban is unfair you are always free to contact SL with it but posting "free my boy" is not appreciated.

This appeal will be adjudicated in due course.

TeKz

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 26, 2021
I had not talked to him about the severeness of the joke, nor the ban, I think you're referring to the SL you were talking to.

while I was there in the bunks as you said it, I did not hear you say the first part of what you had said which was Sly asking you something along the lines of "you know a lot of people think you cheat" and you responded with "Yea I do cheat". <-- This part I didn't hear. after showing filip where the hacking training area was, I had came back and heard "Yea I'm pretty good without them, I turned them off on SCPRP one time and had headshot 6 CI in a row" after hearing this I had gotten confused, and at that time Camden had said that 'Fries' (TeKz NWO name) had admitted to cheating. I had asked for the clip which he had sent to me and the SL he was talking to. That SL had approved the ban, which Camden carried out. I hope this does clear up some confusion around your ban which it could have been.

I do wanna ask though, if this was a joke why carry on like you did? I understand if people think you're super good and they call you for cheats you might say "Yea I am totally" or something along the lines, which you hadn't and I think was a part in your ban. Of course I'm not the SL handling this ban nor was I the one who approved it. So ill leave it to SL to decide what should happen, I just thought I'd leave what I saw leading up to your ban.
I was not talking about cheating when you talk about turning anythnig off. I was referring to a console command that basically highlights a bunch of needless things on your screen and I said I turned them ON on SCP rp and killed a bunch of people. If you would like to see for yourself, the commands are these:
vgui_drawfocus 1; vgui_visualizelayout 1
They give no advantage whatsoever, it is just funny for me to play with it.

TeKz

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 26, 2021
Also, could I see this video you guys are talking about?

Flames

CG Super VIP
Donator
Jan 10, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi Tekz,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Upon reviewing the evidence provided to me for your ban, I have deemed it inconclusive and thus, I've decided to revoke your ban.
This comment was blown out of proportion and should not have been treated this way.
I apologize for any disturbance this may have caused you.

Kind Regards,
Flames​

Status
Not open for further replies.