Denied The diplomatic advisor and the chief ranger.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangslyaer

Jun 14, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds two jobs to enhance the very lacking rp of surface.

-[The chief ranger] A Keter or Thaumiel VIP role that holds more authority than a standard ranger but less than the mayor
[Equipment] MP7 or Mossberg 500 with the S&W 659.
[One slot]

-[The diplomatic advisor] A total level 100 non-combative role. The diplomatic advisor has been sent from the government to discuss relations between CI/Foundation/GOC and make up policies/Treaty/agreements for surface. An example of of this would be:

The mayor tries to declare independence from Canada (Like always) and the majority of rangers have sided with him. So the diplomatic advisor and the few loyal rangers go to the UN to ask for support and if the UN help to take back pinewood the diplomatic advisor will give all classified information they find to the UN.

(One more thing that i know will be brought up most countries do know about SCP’s and GOI’s so it would make sense if the government had diplomats to engage in relations with these GOI’s)
[1-2 slots I prefer 2 for more RP]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I have seen the idea of a chief ranger before however that was with the intention of a whitelisted job and not an addition for VIP. And I haven't seen any suggestions for a diplomatic advisor as a surface job.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:

-[The chief ranger]
Additional reason to get VIP.
Increased opportunities to RP with rangers because rangers will have to follow what he says.

-[The diplomatic advisor]
As I said earlier it would heavily increase the RP of the surface from its current lacking state.
An interesting job on the surface that does not need VIP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Possible wasted dev time other than that I don't any negatives.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It should be accepted because the only “rp” that ever happens on surface is a bunch of rangers starting a revolution while shouting “DEATH TO THE UN” like it's 2003 afghanistan. These jobs would bring actual RP to surface and make it enjoyable to those who don't want to roleplay as a canadian version of the taliban.

hm

so - my main issue with this is that chief ranger would basically be the only position of authority that is paywalled off. not sure how to reconcile it, but i do otherwise agree with the idea.

i like diplomatic advisor - but it sort of feels goofy with a tiny, barely populated town having its own diplomat - not even most small towns have their own diplomats iirc

there is also the issue of this further splitting up the limited server population, but with only a few slots, it should be minimal - however there are existing plans for new departments/department overhauls which would further compound this effect, so ultimately i'm not sure how to feel about this issue either.

i do otherwise agree with these general ideas - i like the idea of giving surface RP more to work with; but i think this will ultimately be denied as not needed
+Support

Last edited:

Fangslyaer

Jun 14, 2022
- Support for Advisor, some tiny nowhere town in a Province that's already a nowhere Province with nothing going on (Come see the great grain elevator!) makes no sense
I imagine the government would have some diplomatic forces in an area with the three biggest anomalous orginazations in the world.

Last edited:
+/-Neutral
-I dont feel like there needs to be another ranger job if it isnt going to be whitelisted but instead VIP - just like Mayor and Ranger.
Past that I feel like it would be a good idea for Chief Ranger, people have tried getting this for awhile and they gotta give it at some point.
-Diplomatic Advisor could be underutilised, but it seems fun.

+/-Neutral
-I dont feel like there needs to be another ranger job if it isnt going to be whitelisted but instead VIP - just like Mayor and Ranger.
Past that I feel like it would be a good idea for Chief Ranger, people have tried getting this for awhile and they gotta give it at some point.
-Diplomatic Advisor could be underutilised, but it seems fun.
Chief Ranger explaining why they have more authority than the UN and that it makes perfect RP sense to randomly kill a GOC because we handcuffed the mayor 30 min ago:

- Support
I’m more than aware of the no need existent surface RP and it requires change but this isn’t the approach to it. The current hierarchy on surface is Civilian -> Ranger -> Mayor so there is no real need for a “Chief Ranger” as the mayor already orders around Ranger while also approving warrants. With the Diplomatic Advisor it just seems weird especially as its an individual from out of Pinewood but instead of that job maybe the Mayor becomes a higher level postion or even a whitelist to ensure better RP. If the mayor does try and do something outrageous then UNGOC should always have authority.

Need a surface overhaul, is this it? Maybe, should a conversation be had about it? Yes.
for a little while, i've back-and-forth ideated about the idea of just giving new players an entire shitpost faction that they're allowed to minge with, as a GOI. something where that kind of behaviour would be expected from in-universe like AWCY or GAW, as a way of both reviving surface... """"rp""""? and a means of providing an outlet to minges, somewhere for that behaviour to go. but i've never really gone through with it because i know for fact that it would be universally panned by pretty much everyone since it would also create issues with other surface factions, SOPs, etc.

Auburn

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Fangslyaer ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We do not believe these jobs will offer any benefit to surface RP, and will hinder leadership on surface as there would be a conflict of authority between the Mayor and the Diplomatic Advisor.
The mayor is in charge of the rangers, and also has responsibility for working with the 3 GOIs on surface. To add new jobs will detract from the Mayor's role on surface.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.