The dumbest ban I have ever had on Garrys Mod, also the funniest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucky

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 3, 2021
Your in-game name: Blad Dave

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:155772809

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198271811347/

Date of ban: 22/02/2024

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM / Serve toxicity

Who banned you: Curious

Ban length?: 2 weeks

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: Not have a sense of humor.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Several times

Why should you be unbanned:

Now I'm not writing this to be unbanned for the Mass RDM, that's fair I shot 3 people in an admin sit once I was brought to the sit room. However the ban reason itself is what I can't help but laugh so hard at. I was running around as a pharmacist for once, I was actually trying to RP and get a little fun going on this server. I was running around with the infection tester speaking with a really shit, really fake southern accent. I was just running around greeting foundation staff saying. "Hold on dude, let me test you." Once I tested them I would say "Damn dude you got down syndrome / autism" Every single time this was said to someone I heard COUNTLESS people laughing and taking what I said for what it was, a pretty clear joke. I suspect the player who put the report in was in the sit room with me. A ban for saying someone has autism or down syndrome has to be the most laughable thing I have EVER heard of on Garrys mod, especially when several other people found the interaction to hilarious. Either the staff or the player who reported me who I suspect to Kayla or Kaylee, I didn't really care to check their names need to comprehend what A JOKE IS. Now I had no intention of Mass RDMING until I saw "/xban" a BAN for a clear joke that is HARDLY offensive is what I found so funny.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will not have fun, I will ensure I treat this server like a 9-5 as it's intended.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
To actually get some RP and comedy going instead of being pulled into sits over the weakest least hurtful jokes.

Yours sincerely, Lil B, Young based god, God of rap.

Nosey | Curious

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 20, 2021
Hello,

While a lot of members of the site (myself included) did find it funny, a number did not, and I received two sits regarding your behavior from people who had found this joke upsetting and toxic. I can see exactly why they found the joke upsetting, but I also will say most people found it very funny, and it's up to SL to determine if your ban should be lengthened/amended based on this evidence.

It essentially boils down to my observation that people found it toxic, or if it was a joke that was reasonable to make on the server and should not be punished for

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Appeal Denied

Hi, Nucky

In this appeal you have shown that you are in no way remorseful of your actions, blatantly dismissing the reason your ban was issued. Humour at the expense of those with physical and/or mental disabilities falls under Toxicity, as it is a protected characteristic. The ban reason will be amended but as your ban length is 2 weeks, the standard for MRDM bans, your time will not be reduced by any amount.

Due to the above, no action has been taken in regards to your ban appeal.

Kind Regards, Auburn​

Status
Not open for further replies.