Thorn's SCP RP Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone

Apr 21, 2022
Your in-game name: Damien "Thorn" Stone
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:580847085
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199121959899
Date of ban: 11/05/23
What is you exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): FailRP [D] (Swapped jobs in Interro and spawned in med bay).
Who banned you: "Skittles"
Ban length?: 1 day
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Now that I actually know of the rule I know how to prevent the ban and it won't happen even though I didn't know it was even possible for this to happen in the first place.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: Yes multiple times but that was mainly when I was a troll, I no longer have any intentions of trolling on the server.
Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned because I know how to avoid doing this now and will stay far away from job swapping in interro cell.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Because I have took my time reading about any and all rules that are not obvious.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: Because I actually enjoy roleplaying on it and want to try and get a CL4 position in the future but my stupid actions are holding me back. But this has helped me learn more about this rule, helping me prevent it, I hope you can understand that this wasn't intentional and also not stated in the rules anywhere for anyone to know about so I suggest adding it to the rules under job abuse or removing the bug completely.

Attachments

• Annotation (29).png
    Annotation (29).png
    10.1 KB · Views: 18

Lucía "Skibble"

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Hello Thorn,

As you stated you managed to escape jail and swapped job from tech expert to doctor to avoid being detected. As it is your 4th active failrp warn, I gave you the 1d ban.

Regards,

Skittles

Stone

Apr 21, 2022
Hello Thorn,

As you stated you managed to escape jail and swapped job from tech expert to doctor to avoid being detected. As it is your 4th active failrp warn, I gave you the 1d ban.

Regards,

Skittles
I hadn't actually escaped from interro I swapped my job from tech expert to doctor still in my cell so I would spawn in med bay once my 15 mins was up and spawned in med bay instead of interro after swapping while still serving my time so it was more of the games fault than mine and I didn't know what to do when I was out so I just went about the facility without anything in my inventory as the usual spawn point after swapping jobs while being arrested is interro.

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022

Appeal Response

Hello @Stone

Thanks for taking the time to make an appeal.

Apologies for the late response. In regard to the ban itself after review both responses to this appeal and speaking directly to Skittles it seems that this rule break would be considered "Job Abuse" Rather than FailRP due to the fact that you are abusing the ability to change job in order to avoid RP Interaction. Therefore you should've never received this ban rather a warning for job abuse.

Based on what was said above, I will remove this ban and I have spoken to the staff member involved and he has received an infraction.

Regards,
@'Falcon' / Stealth

Status
Not open for further replies.