Not open for further replies.

deathspike123

Game Master
Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jan 9, 2024
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53083048

Discord name: Deathspike123

For how long have you played on CG SCP: throughout a few months starting playing in September 2023, and have been playing on and off since then. I have recently started playing more in-depth within the past month and putting many more hours into the server as of January and December. I have been playing nonstop since February I spend quite a few hours playing throughout the months
20240505215512_1.jpg

In what country are you located?: Canada

Time zone: PST

Character name(s): Foundation Tony Stewart [BOE-DD]

Civilian name: Devin Stewart

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?:

- I do

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

ECA(coordinator), executive researcher, MTF E-11 SPC

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:

I have none.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

- Ethics Committee Member, ever since I started playing on the server I have always been interested in the ethics committee. I have worked my way up from the ground up, starting from D-class and working through the work program for D-class. To the point where I was usually allowed to roam free and build more relationships with each department as I interacted with them. Eventually, I Got a job as an ethics committee assistant. I have been an assistant since January this year, I have been working with the committee to improve the site and whatever tasks they require us ECA’s to do. I wish to one day to become a member of the committee and I think today might be that day.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

I have worked with the ethics committee for almost 6 months now, I have tried my best to complete each order they have posted and even suggested some of my orders that I felt would be a great addition. I have been promoted to the position of ethics assistant coordinator. Which allowed me to teach the new ethics assistants how to do their jobs and flourish. I have been working with a committee on three projects currently that I feel will have a major effect on how the site and ethics will run.​
The major project that I am currently working on is a Site Improvement document. I am going through each department and each playable group on the server, talking to each group to figure how what they are struggling with and what they think can be improved upon, this task is quite a big one and I am working with the other assistants with completing interviews and gathering notes from each group. Eventually, I will compile all the data write up the report, and submit it to the Site command.​
Another project I am currently working on is a better system in which Ethics assistants are trained. From my experience and how the assistants under me have asked questions that I felt should have been explained in training, which it hasn’t. so I am currently working with the chairman(or was) and the current vice chairman. Talking to them about the current program and tasks that we as assistants have been given and how to improve them. While there was training to be an assistant, there was no training for being an ethics assistant coordinator. So I am currently working on a program that will allow new coordinators to learn how to do their jobs successfully and flourish. There are other things that assistants have brought up that I have been working with the committee to accomplish.​
With the current experiment document wipe. I have had assistants work with each other, to make sure these tests that researchers are conducting are ethical and not a waste of resources. So we have been working with executives to find out, what people are doing and how they are conducting these tests.​
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
-The ethics committee has the greatest responsibility when it comes to the foundation. We are the ones who have the responsibility to make sure that the foundation does not become evil. We decide what is acceptable for the foundation to do. We advise the 05 council on what exactly is acceptable when it comes to what the foundation does.​
We Have the responsibility to investigate all people in the foundation to make sure what they are doing is ethical and not a waste of resources. We have the authority to investigate the O5 council. If it is found that the O5 council is going against what the foundation stands for, the ethics committee will call upon Omega-1 Laws's left hand to remove the current members and replace them. They have done this I believe 12 times before. When someone has a complaint, we must investigate it and see what exactly is happening. There was a case where a site director had gone rogue and was abusing his power. The committee investigated and found him to have been against the foundation's goals, they sent omega-1 to remove the site director, which was successful in stopping the coup, However, they were not able to stop the director from doing something drastic(https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-4263).​
We have the responsibility to know all details from the foundation, we know everything that is redacted, and we decide what to redact and what procedures need to be done to have the least amount of cruelty and human sacrifice. We need to balance the moral costs of everything the foundation does.​
We allow everyone to make complaints to the ethics committee, if a D-class wants to make a complaint he must be allowed to and not be punished for bringing up any ethical concerns that he has seen, We must make sure that any complaints are followed through and investigated.

We have the responsibility to make sure that the Code of ethics is up to date and allows the least amount of cruelty possible, as well as the least amount of wasted resources.​
I think this quote fits what the ethics committee does perfectly
The 'P' stands for 'Protect'. The Foundation protects humanity from SCPs, and we protect the Foundation from itself. We judge what is and is not acceptable for the Foundation to do. We balance evils so that on the whole, and in the long run, evil is minimized.”
No One is above ethics. Anyone found guilty will be punished. We make sure that the foundation is not evil.​

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
For applications, they take care of the Director of Internal Affairs, as well as any ethics assistant’s applications that are posted. We go through them and give our feedback on them. We also go through the current ethics member applications; we read through them and give our feedback. we may be asked to give feedback relating to other applications however this isn’t always the case.
We do have meetings with SL to conduct changes for the site and foundation to allow for better roleplay and interactions within the site. These meetings usually happen weekly, We do over secondary communications(team speak), sometimes discord.

We also help with and assist with Omega-1, laws left hand. We help create orders for them and assist with whatever is required by the Omega-1 command.​
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

My lore is currently being worked on here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LeqsYzaET3bL7g2UayzzL4PCxAmKe6v40argxpTTeVA/edit?usp=sharing

MonsterGaming

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Jul 29, 2022
+Support
Bro works his hardest to make sure ECA's go down the right track.
I think he is fit to become an ECM, but he may need a bit more experience.

Tyrone

Jun 6, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────

A message has been received from the Site-65 Ethics Committee
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Tony Stewarts's Ethics Committee Member Application.
2zUzcvACxWkthmFMqqc1u8ZgYMu6SqcEy6OVMIRukpv04NNqcSmB46LZ3Iz8-45KsCdmlxgXl3EnVEADU0CUJqZhNlj2sV...png
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for showing interest in the position of Ethics Committee Member. Unfortunately, the Ethics Committee has chosen to deny your application. If you have any questions regarding your denial, feel free to contact any Ethics Committee member. You may reapply after two weeks.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.