Status
Not open for further replies.

Geonix

Jun 10, 2022
Your in-game name: Edward Turner/Steven Bills

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:172598152

Your steam community link:
Date of ban: 01/05/2023 1st of May

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Major Glitching [A]

Who banned you: Dr. John Canoon M.D

Ban length?: 4 weeks

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): both

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will stop dropping these glitched items and I will stop picking them up I will also report anybody that has these items

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: No I dont think so

Why should you be unbanned: At the time I was doing this I did not know that infinite disgusting messes was a glitch I was given the item by somebody and was told to drop it everywhere and I thought it was just harmless fun I did not know it was a glitch until I was pulled into an admin sit I know it may sound dumb but I genuinely had no clue that it was a glitch

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will be more careful about what actions I do and I will use my brain more

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I want to rejoin the server because this server is my favourite scp rp server on gmod and I would really appreciate that I would get unbanned it would mean a lot to me
Screenshot 2023-05-01 042424.png

Jul 23, 2022
Hello Edward,

Thank you for taking the time to make an appeal.

In relation to your ban, Yeke, Alpha and I were investigating how the "Disgusting Mess" bug escaped from the UK side onto the US side whilst they were cleaning it up on the UK side. A review of the logs showed that you were on the UK side when the exploit was being abused, and then holstered it to bring it to the US side. You were then the single source of the mess on the US side until others started abusing it as well.

As a result of that, you were banned for major glitching. I understand from your perspective that you didn't view it as glitching, however, as it was said in the sit, it is unreasonable to not assume it is a bug when its infinitely dropping. Additionally, when calls were being made in TSAY about it, you didn't come forward and had to be pulled into a sit in relation to it. You alone had about 4-5 pages of duplications on the mess.

This ban has been forwarded to a Super Administrator for Review. They will hopefully post a response soon.

Have a good day.
Canoon

Appeal Denied

Hi @Geonix,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Based on your responses from both the sit you were involved in and this appeal, I don't believe that you didn't have any ill intent in distributing the permanent item. You even state in your appeal that you were told to distribute it and you didn't seem to question it. You had also kept trying to push the blame on the person that gave it to you. From a logical standpoint, if you have an item that can be infinitely spawned, then it most likely isn't intended and instead should be reported.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.