[UK] Boris's Site Advisor App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2024
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:218820833

Discord name: tyberiuscockburns.

For how long have you played on CG SCP: 471.9 hours according to the 1 year achievement

In what country are you located?: Poland

Time zone: GMT +2

Character name(s): Foundation: Boris 'Thunder' Magpie CI: Vladimir 'Nil'

Civilian name: 'Pikers'

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK

Do you have a mic?: Yes

-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: E-11 LT (Holding), CI-G (Held), IA Agent

-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 1720994335137.png
I actually have no idea how I got the macroing ban since I have never done anything relatively close to it but it's there and I accept it

-
Why are you applying for Site Advisor?

There are a couple of reasons.

1. I am always looking to improve my skills, trying to be at least a bit better every day at something and I think that becoming a site advisor - while coming with its own set of challenges and especially responsibilities, would give me a great opportunity to learn about inner workings of the site and improving my leadership, managing, document creation and problem-solving skills. Moving up the ranks is one thing but I think that SA would be my best bet for my first senior CL4 position, and to better show myself to foundation staff RP-wise. While improving my personal set of skills is great, being able to improve the site as well while doing so is even better.

2. I have been a CO in E-11 for nearly 3 months now, slowly but surely gaining experience on how to lead different situations and people, how to resolve smaller and bigger issues, and interlink with other departments. I feel that I am ready to do those things on a larger scale, and this position would definitely put that to the test. I would like to try myself in managing departments, resolving inter-departmental issues, leading situations on a bigger scale, and especially improving the site and the experience of everyone within it.

3. Site administration, along with Site command has been a goal of mine from the very start of my journey in foundation. Working behind the curtain on a large scale, and keeping the site running and in good shape is something that I have always wanted to do and have strived to do.

-
What makes you suitable for Site Administration?:

1. Professionalism || I try to maintain professional at all times, taking the tasks set upon me very seriously always giving my best when fulfilling them.

2. Dedication || I may have not held many positions, but that is because whatever job I take I try to do it fully, without any excuses, dedicating myself to the work I am doing to a grand extent.

3. Resolving bigger issues etc || I have experience in solving problems from the individual level to the interdepartmental level, always going for the best outcome for all parties involved.

4. Unbiased || I offer complete unbiasedness, only working on facts and evidence when any problems do come up.

5. Enjoy this type of work || I genuinely enjoy this type of work. I like doing paperwork, coming up with new ways a department could improve, acting as a judge or jury, interacting with other factions, etc.

-​
What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:
  1. Implementing and maintaining departmental changes​
  2. Interacting with other factions​
  3. Appointing departmental leaders​
  4. Creating policies and procedures​
  5. Overseeing departments​

-​
Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

As a child, Boris grew up in a small village about 25 km away from one of Poland's bigger cities - Kraków. At the age of 9, his father left their family because he cheated on his mother. Even though he understood that his dad did something really bad and unacceptable, he has always hated his mom for destroying his family. After a couple of years have passed a new father figure has been introduced. A divorced police officer, seemingly a great person. He brought a lot of gifts, spend a lot of time with Boris, and always talked about his job, even coming home for his breaks in uniform. This has planted a sense of responsibility and a love for uniform, also making Boris happy again because he felt he was finally in a loving family. While everything was coming together his parents had another child and from that point on, the new father slowly started revealing his true form - a narcissistic alcoholic, with no sense of duty or responsibilities. Using his connections he has made in the police to climb up the ranks. Whenever an argument broke out between the two, the most common phrases you could hear were "You will never achieve anything" and "You'll end up digging ditches". These have been basically implanted into Boris's brain from repetition. Boris had sworn he would do anything to be better than his father-in-law and started training. After 2 years of getting himself ready he applied to the Polish special forces "Grom" and from that point on his identity was a secret. He has served 5 tours in Afghanistan working closely with US special forces, eliminating HVTs, capturing POI, and rescuing hostages.

After coming back from his 5th tour Boris decided to catch a little break for once and treated himself to a dinner at a rather popular restaurant in Warsaw. While eating his medium rare steak a man dressed in a fancy suit has sat at his table, introducing himself as Agent 'Knight'. He explained that they have been watching him closely in Afghanistan and would like to offer him a job at a private military company which Boris cautiously and reluctantly took. This private military company soon turned out to be foundation, and he would now be starting as a member of MTF E-11.

Mar 30, 2024
Could I see a picture of your /time?
20240715110111_1.jpg

In terms of a month my time on the server has been BAD due to unforeseen problems coming up in my personal life and work which made me unable to play the usual amount of time I do. What you can see here is an LOA from 18 to 23 because of those issues, and a ROA before them because of them as well. Weekly VTime portrays the time I usually spend on the server best and I have screenshots to back it up.

Kayla

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
-/+ support

Your vtime is not good and you don't really have the experience.
In terms of RP, it's pretty hard to gauge how you'd be in RP/leading it since you're E-11 CO and the opportunities are very limited for your regiment... Without being given the chance to show what you can do, I don't feel right giving a verdict on your RP.

Mar 30, 2024
Activity
Your concerns about my current VTime are absolutely valid, I cannot change it and the best thing I can do is try explaining this period. As I've specified before the sudden jump from barely being here to playing for 5/6 hours a day sometimes more is because of personal reasons that were out of my control. It is something that obviously doesn't happen often and none of us can ever be sure how long will it take. I do not want to ask anyone for trust in me being an active member of the administration, and the only thing I can do is provide Vtime prior to this period of activity. If you have any concerns about this topic please do not hesitate to contact me here publicly, via DMs on Discord, or any time that I am on the server/TS. I am open to elaborating further on this and disclosing a couple of reasons as to why this was the case. As I've said activity is a valid concern since SA is not only a really responsible job but also time-consuming. I am open to simply withdrawing this application and applying in 3 weeks time when the monthly VTime looks better since I am confident that this week's activity time will be only in a rising trend over the next couple of months.

RP-Wise
This is a really important one for SA as making documents is not the only thing that this department is responsible for since most often they are the first point of contact in many situations, suggestions, etc. Everyone saying that I do lack in this topic is correct as this is the case and I am not trying to hide it. The biggest RP situation I tried doing was an interview cross-test between 049 and 035 which had gone south because of 035's lack of lore knowledge. This event and the ones leading up to it have all been documented in RP and recorded. Even though it did not quite work out, I have seen this as a great learning opportunity and made the most of it. As Kayla said in her response, currently being an E-11 CO does not put me in a great spot with opportunities to do RP projects on a bigger scale, and the most I can do is try to engage people in my regiment in small events that me and the CO team create, or operations.
Conclusion
Both of these concerns are something that is really important for fulfilling my job as an Advisor, if I get the chance to prove myself. The best I can do is provide you with some evidence on both topics that I have been doing this before and have some experience in that regard. As I've said before I do not want to ask anyone to simply trust me as in my opinion, if I had to do that - I would already not be fit for the position I am applying for, since SA is trusted with improving both the site and it's departments in a wide range of spectrums.
1721060805350.png
1721060851911.png

Activity prior to my sudden leave, from May and June. Screenshots were taken for ISD interest forms.
1721060941773.png
A screenshot from the footage, from that cross-test that I am talking about.

I do understand that this proves barely anything, but it's the best I can do to give you all some insight into how it was before. I stand for clarity, so if you have any more feedback, or questions regarding any of the topics, go ahead and contact me and I will provide documentation etc.

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the site administration team of site-65.

Hello, @Boris Magpie | 'Nil'

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be denied. The reasons for this denial may be elaborated on should you decide to get in contact with us. No further action is required.

You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.