[UK] Bush von Mann | Director of Internal Affairs Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:175303910

Discord name: Comrade#9999

For how long have you played on CG SCP: Joined 3-4 months ago. VTime is roughly 100-110 hours, however I am currently unsure.

In what country are you located?: The Netherlands / Holland

Time zone: GMT+2

Character name(s):
Foundation: Bush von Mann
Chaos: Von "Bush" Mann
Civilian: Mann von Bush

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Internal Affairs Ambassador
CI-A

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Bans:
LTARP: Extreme weather in Holland cut our power for 3 days at that time, it was a misunderstanding
MRDM: I assumed we could kill other D-Class as other D-Class as it says so in the CoE

Warns:
ERP / NLR / MICSPAM / FAILRP

It is important to note that I have not received a single ban or warning whilst playing as an IA Ambassador, as I am very professional when it comes to my duties. I believe that Ambassadors should be role models for other Agents, and thus behave my best when on-duty and especially around Agents.

Why are you applying for Director of Internal Affairs?
I am applying because our beloved Director Maot is moving on to higher positions within the foundation, and our other IA Director is currently on LOA, potentially planning on moving to higher positions as well. After a close relationship with these two Directors, as well as my fellow Ambassadors, I believe that I would be able to offer many changes that our department needs on Site-65. I have made multiple proposals for changes that could be made to our department:
I want to revive our department and keep it away from those unqualified agents that simply have joined our department to abuse power. I have also noticed that the current ambassadors that we have are slightly inexperienced and ask questions about their duties quite often. I feel as though I would be able to guide them with my understanding and experience in the role of ambassador.
Originally I was going to wait until my LOA period was over; however, I was motivated to apply as soon as possible by some personnel whose inputs and opinions I respect greatly.

What makes you suitable for Director of Internal Affairs?:
I believe that I have the capabilities to become an IA Director. Out of our current ambassadors, I have held the position for the longest. I constantly play in the IA department. I am currently an IA main, and dedicate myself to the department fully. I was removed from my CI-A position due to my dedication to the IA dpt.

I am very professional whilst playing as an ambassador. I have not received a single warning whilst playing ambassador, as I am extremely professional and believe that Ambassadors should be role models to Agents and Operatives. I am also very approachable, both on-site and off-site. I can see this because I am constantly getting complaints about our Agents, even though there are other Ambassadors on to contact.

I have dedicated a lot of time and energy into the betterment of our department, both on-site and off-site. An example of this are my proposals which have been linked above. I have worked on balancing these proposals thoroughly, both in-character and out-of-character, making the proposals as realistic as possible for the server. I have even made my own unofficial version of the current DIA handbook. I made this version because the previous one seemed too general, whereas this new handbook delves into the more specific things you can only learn through experience, for example an MTF rank list, common abbreviations for newer agents, and even common misconceptions/F.A.Q that I constantly get from newer Agents.

Edit [5/22/2022]:
While this application was up, I have also created a DIA Ambassador+ ban guidelines with the help of O5-4, to combat unfair bans. This was in response to one of our ambassadors being removed for unfair bans, and because bans are currently subjective. This table will objectify ban times, making them measurable and implementing a Class system:
Originally this was going to be UK only, however the US Dpt. Director has requested access for his Site to use as well. This has been approved by both IA Directors, as well as 2 UK Ethics Members.

The next step is to work on a proper warning system for the DIA, as well as semi-automated warning logs.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Internal Affairs in RP?:
The Director of Internal Affairs has many responsibilities on-site.

Management: The Director of IA is in charge of many things within the DIA. This includes addressing concerns about misbehaving Agents or underqualified ambassadors that may be found on-site. Disciplinary measures can be taken by the director personally, or they can task Ambassadors with these actions, authorizing Site Affairs bans that surpass 7 days. They can also personally address calls for Internal Affairs personnel, however I would not recommend this as calls like this are a great way of seeing how fast our Agents' ETA's are, as well as scouting for potential Ambassadors amongst the Agents.

Professionalism: As the face of the DIA, a lot of responsibility falls upon the Director. Any unprofessional behaviour or indication that they may be unqualified would potentially harm the face of the DIA, and the DIA's name has already been dragged through the mud by power hungry and unqualified agents on Site-65. Professionalism will also aid in maintaining sustainable relationships from Directors from other departments, including Intelligence and certain MTF regiments.

Improvements: The DIA should also focus on complaints by Agents, Ambassadors, or other site-wide personnel about our department. This can include simple changes, such as having a full legal codex in the interrogation room or perhaps making the DIA policies clearer. This can also range for more time-consuming tasks such as introducing a licensing system to gatekeep incompetent agents, or perhaps have open-house meetings to allow site-wide personnel to address their concerns about our department.

Please give some lore about your Director of Internal Affairs character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Lore:
Input: Y

[ Accessing Information... ]

[ Information Prepared ]

Please enter SCPinet validation key

KEY: xTz05ht62
PASSWORD: **********

[ Validating... ] Please present CL5 credentials...

[ ERROR: Validation Failure ]

Please present CL5 credentials...

[ ERROR: Validation Failure ]

Please present CL5 credentials...

[ Credentials Validated ] Welcome ███████ ███████.

[ Transmitting Information... ]

[ Transmission Success | Decoding Information... ]

[ Activity Logged ]

[ Terminating Transmission... ]

[ Transmission Terminated ]

End note:
Although I am currently off-site, I have been working closely with the current IA Ambassadors and Directors, often discussing potential changes that we could introduce for the betterment of the DIA, as well as scouting for and evaluating potential Ambassadors.
I am currently on LOA due to personal reasons which I would not like to state openly on this forum, however after my LOA I will be extremely active on-site and pitch some of the changes I would like to introduce to other Departmental Leaders, getting their thoughts and opinions on the topic. Even though I am on LOA, I have been extremely dedicated to improving the Department and it's operations, which you can see in the documents above, as well as keeping in contact with the Directors and Ambassadors that are on-site.

If any of you require my LOA reason, feel free to contact me directly at Comrade#9999, as this is very personal and family-related. Thank you for reading my application :^)

Last edited:

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022

= Neutral

- Very limited experience as ambassador
- Currently on LOA

+ Good guy
+ Detailed app

I appreciate your reply Curio.
Although I have been on LOA, I have been working very closely with the Directors and Ambassadors, communicating with them daily and discussing ways to improve the DIA's current state. We have also been evaluating potential ambassadors as a group.
As a former ambassador, you should know that not all of an ambassador's duties are on-site, and I have been working very hard on proposals and a handbook over this LOA time which can be found above. This is not an argument, just commenting on some of your points. After my LOA period, I will be on-site constantly, fulfilling my duties the best I can.

Thank you,
- Bush

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Manning

Joe Biren

Mar 10, 2022
+ Support

+ Amazing application
+ Despite being LOA, Bush has been keeping in contact with the department daily and has suggested some great ideas to help improve IA
+ Dedicated
+ Great guy

- Currently LOA

• Love
Reactions: Bush von Mann
+ Support

+ Amazing application
+ Despite being LOA, Bush has been keeping in contact with the department daily and has suggested some great ideas to help improve IA
+ Dedicated
+ Great guy

- Currently LOA
I gotta agree with Biren here, he personally helped me while I was doing reports against Agents and no Ambassadors were available +Support

Last edited:
  • Love

Raiden

Mar 14, 2022
-"Raiden Here"
Hello @Bush von Mann
I have seen you a lot on the forums going around and
personally meeting you in-game, you seem really Chill and opened

from my personal experience with you,

Because of that, you have my Support

+Support
+Active IG (Personal experience)
+Well Written application
+Good Dedication
+Good Intentions

-Good Luck!

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Bush, as ex DIA.

I will give you my support.

However, I do feel you still have some learning to do as you recently joined IA leadership as an ambassador and were not aware of simple documents that were pinned up in the CL4 area, furthermore I fear you aren't the type of person to open up and ask for help, as during one of our conversations you mentioned you were struggling for ages and had no guidance, yet never mentioned anything to myself when I was a director or now as a ambassador, as a Director you need to be able to know when you need help too, this will include being open and honest with Site Admin, Ethics and the O5 council about the state of the department.

• Love
+Support

writing this on mobile, sorry.

+Great Guy
+Has Contributed alot during his short time as an Ambassador.
+The Department needs an Active Director like him
+Competent and Not an Idiot (I like people who meet this criteria)
+Approachable and Friendly
=On LOA (Neutral due to the fact that he's been still workin on the Dept. Whilst away.)
=Application made too soon (However i think he'll do good)

You got this, King.

• Love
Bush, as ex DIA.

I will give you my support.

However, I do feel you still have some learning to do as you recently joined IA leadership as an ambassador and were not aware of simple documents that were pinned up in the CL4 area, furthermore I fear you aren't the type of person to open up and ask for help, as during one of our conversations you mentioned you were struggling for ages and had no guidance, yet never mentioned anything to myself when I was a director or now as a ambassador, as a Director you need to be able to know when you need help too, this will include being open and honest with Site Admin, Ethics and the O5 council about the state of the department.
This. Literally just this. Still a +support!

Good luck.

• Love

Igorski

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 27, 2022
+SUPPORT
+Very active in Discord and in game (currently on LOA)
+Very great IA Agent + Ambassador
+Mature
+Has taken on the role of IA AMbassador incredibly
+Would be a great DIA

• Love

Eirik Higgs

Dec 7, 2021
Norway
+support
Active on discord and ingame (on LOA currently)
+good and dedicated ambassador

We recently talked about a big suggestion you’re working on, and you seem very dedicated to this departement, so it seems like you’ll be a great dpt director

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
Just a heads up that I made some additions to my application corresponding to recent events within the DIA. This will be labelled "Edit [mm/dd/yyyy]:" accordingly.

This is not an attempt at boosting my application, as my application is the only one that is active under this channel.

Jan 1, 2022
Application Denied

The council are in agreeance that you are not ready to take on the Director of Internal Affairs. position. This is due to past behaviour. I understand you have changed but the council agree that for the moment you aren't trusted.

You may re-apply in 1 weeks.

- O5-1 'The Unjust'​

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
Application Denied

The council are in agreeance that you are not ready to take on the Director of Internal Affairs. position. This is due to past behaviour. I understand you have changed but the council agree that for the moment you aren't trusted.

You may re-apply in 1 weeks.

- O5-1 'The Unjust'​

I completely respect your verdict and the council's reasoning, however I would love some elaboration on which behaviour it was specifically. Please contact me at Comrade#9999 if you have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.