[UK] Eric Peterson's Second Exec Researcher application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:571487790
Discord name: lei#4223
For how long have you played on CG SCP: From early December, 2021.
In what country are you located?: Lithuanian, East Europe
Time zone: "Time zone in Lithuania (GMT+2)"
Character name(s): Dr. Eric Peterson
Civilian name: Never played
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Currently, none.
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
January 16th (2022) was my worst day on the server. I got banned for racism and got warned for Fail-RP. However, after that, knowing that people here take insults to heart, I refrained from speaking in such a way, unless someone really pisses me off, tho, never to a point where I would use racial slur.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
- I made a promise to someone that I admire. My main goals are to ensure, and provide nothing else than quality. I, starting as a D-Class and entering my first ever experiment, noticed what could be further changed, and now, I have the possibility to make those changes happen alongside *my longtime friend Dr. Shady Dave (R.I.P, not anymore in my storyline)* the elite team his colleagues are. Noticing the changes in the department and its policies, I'm here to apply for the position because I believe it is major in the server. As I said, I've been working along-side of Shady for.. Probably all of my carrier. We go back in days of when he was Senior, or got Executive. There's also another reason I would love to state here. I enjoy challenges, and I take them into account, when working close to a major component of something, and meeting that "component" was probably the best thing I've done so far in this server.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
- As stated before, I want to provide quality to even the youngest of our department. It doesn't matter if a human being thinks he's doing the right or not, I'll be there to help them out in any way possible *excluding helping them when it brakes the rules/CoE/LC*. I believe many of You have seen me take part of something big, and I'm not sure if You saw me do any leadership, but I believe, those who were looking, got what they wanted from me, if not, its all part of RP. The choice is all Yours.
I also like to point out that there's no perfect guy for the job, as everyone here is unique, and I, alongside my friends in the community strive to uncover the unique parts of everyone, because it matters even more when You become a researcher, as it currently needs skills to be played with in quality.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
- Only 2 unfortunately, but instead of making my research documents just for the speed and rushing them, I tend to work on the qualities even more.
In terms of making a document excellent, these MAY differ from yours, as I write them in my own way. Its very important for people, outside of the fanbase of SCP Foundation to understand what the document is about, what it contains, and how to navigate thought out it.
My documents follows this template:
• Introduction to SCP and a picture of it (optional, is needed when SCP is new, or temporary contained)
• Clearly displayed research aim(s) and method(s)
• Unique hypothesis for the research *I believe...*
• Test logs based on YOUR testing
• Transcripts (optional, needed for questioning if there was any during or after testing)
• Conclusion
• Conductors notes (optional, but I like to have that page)
• Notes from higher-ups (optional, needed if you you do a test on SCP that's above your clearance)

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
- I see Exec. Researcher as a leadership role while the Department Director(s) are off-site. Its main role is to supervise others and help them improve, while at the same time thinking about himself, trying to stay within the standards the juniors wants you to stay within. Its important to understand this, as it becomes really important later, because of the growing population of Site 65. However, as I have seen people post stuff they shouldn't have been posting in SCPInet, I believe Executive should also keep an eye out for those type of people and prevent them from doing so, as it might harm other researchers that are looking for truth filled documents. Speaking about documents, Executives may also rate them accordingly. Exec Researcher should be responsible with is keeping the department alive, and hopefully suggesting new faces, and spreading the word of Site-65's elite research team across the foundation, as his rank should represent the site, and their research team, which again, proves the point he should be a trust-worthy and respected individual. During Codes, his responsibility is to also protect PW, close the blast doors and so on.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Dr. Eric Peterson was born in Eastern Europe, and even from the young age he monitored the life around him, looking for answers into questions, which at his age, wouldn't be even there to begin with. When he was 14, he entered a math olympiad, striving to improve his already well controlled skills and numbers around him. As he grew up, youngling understood the way of time, and kept on accepting challenges from all across the globe, beating mathematicians and physicians alongside their just falsified theories on everything they could think about. This traveling however, cough an eye of The Foundation personnel, as they thought he is some sort of anomaly, striving to spread its dominance. He was taken into the facility, and was questioned. However, he stood out once more, an unsurprising turn of events as many of Us would expect. Turns out, he is capable of doing calculations based on the sound waves, which, at that time did impress the scientists of The Facility else known as Site-65.

Grabbing the support as he was dragged around the corridor in cuffs, people started to understand the reasoning why he is brought into the Personal Wing. First, however, he was put into containment, as The Facility staff didn't know what to do. By then, the Director of Research was interested into him more, as they did some tests together, and he understood, the math he used to know, doesn't exist in his hopefully, future job - doesn't exist. That day, after 7 hours in the room of Site Command, they stroke a deal. Falsely designated "SCP" was taken in the research department, and was placed under Shady Dave's wing, till he managed to familiarize himself with the facility, and boy oh boy did he become a star. After countless years of hard work, he was finally promoted to a Researcher, and so his story of becoming a legend started. Alongside his fellow Dr. Holo Bright and his ex-boss (friend) Dr. Shady Dave, he started to develop new methods of testing, conducting quality tests, and assuring the juniors know what they are doing. One day however, he woke up to his supervisor was promoted to Director of Research. He, cheered up, went to congratuate him on his promotion. With effort and strong will, he finally reached the ranks of Senior Researcher, and thought about return an old promise to Dr. Shady Dave, which they gave each other at the first day of Eric's career in the Department of Research. Now, he has only one huge challenge to beat, which he, of course accepted, and giggled a little bit, seeing that it might just never happened, and he might forever stay a Senior. After the application submission and the waiting part beginning, he hoped to be the rank he so strived to be from the first days. As he went to sleep, his mind couldn't stop from thinking about the posibilities he might have, or maybe, it'll be his undoing. And so, the frustrating day for the young lad has ended.

Note: I'm really thankful to everyone for pushing me to apply, as it really means the world for me in this server. I hope we'll be able to roleplay even harder after you'll get to know my story. Thank you all again. I am sorry that the storyline and most of the application is same, since its my second app for the same job. I failed the theory part of my interview, that's why I didn't bother to create anything new or fancy here.

Last edited:
Reactions: MazuzaM

brewr

Jun 23, 2022
Scotland
+Detailed application
+Learned from your past mistakes
+Understands the responsibilities of being an executive

+Don't see you often, but when I do you are respectful and nice to talk to

Reactions: Eric Peterson
Accepted
Overall a good application with a more than sufficient amount of detail and understanding was demonstrated. I was made aware of your past within the research department but will not be using that to judge you.
You have demonstrated to myself and others your practical knowledge and abilities. As a result, I see it fit to interview you for the position of executive researcher. Please contact me once you are back from your LOA to proceed with the interview.

Reactions: Eric Peterson
Status
Not open for further replies.