Discord name: IanisDo#7091
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 700+ hours
In what country are you located?: Romania
Time zone: UTC+2
Character name(s): Erl Carlson
Civilian name: Bill Jackson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 2 Pac3 warnings and one FailRP warning all over 1 month ago

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • Executive Researcher: In my time as an executive researcher I have done trained many Juniors 20+, and 5+ in the last few days. On top of that I have created an opensource lecture you can find here and have also made many documents 10+ of them rated excellent and some of them with 6000+ words in them

• MTF Nu7 LDR CSG: In my time as a leadership Sargent I have done multiple things, firstly i have lead the regiment when there were no CO on site, I have helped with tryouts and have hosted 2 tryouts, to add to that I have trained many new privates and instructed them, and personally assisted the commander from time to time

• CI-D: While not a commander I still lead many raids (5+) some of them being huge success, I have also hosted a tryout and kidnapped many important people in my time as a deep cover

• SCP-096: I had fun
What makes you the best candidate for Overseer Assistant?:
  • Activity: Over the last 3 months I have been active on the server for almost every day, I have also been active during peak times and times where there are less then 60 players and I don't plan on changing that. I think this is a very strong suit of mine as currently there are no active assistant, and reaching the council can be a pretty hard task to achieve and I fully plan to help with that

View attachment 2545 (proof)

• Document Writing Skills: I think this is another strong suit of mine that I have acquired during my time as an Executive researcher. I can write very good documents and have been doing so in the research department. Currently i have over 10+ documents rated excellent and another 13500 words separated into 3 documents that I have written on google docs

Document 1 (done)
    Document 2 (not done)
    Document 3 (not done)

• Leadership skills: Over my 700 hours on the server I have picked up many leadership based roles and have proven myself in them, from managing a department as an executive researcher to leading a regiment as a Nu7 CSG and a CI-D

• Connections: Over my 700 hours on the server I have gotten to know many people, if someone is active I know them, and my position as an executive researcher has resulted in my being friendly or even friend with a lot of department leaders/directors and even some clearance 5 personnel. I think this is important for the reason that as overseer assistant knowing department leaders and directors will help a lot with the job of overseeing their department.

• Friendliness: I'm a friendly person, this is a pretty simple attribute of me but nonetheless important in my opinion. One of the main goals of an overseer assistant is to bridge the gap between O5 and the departments and being friendly always smooths out everything
What are the responsibilities of Overseer Assistants in RP?:

The job of an assistant is to assist in the duties of an O5 Member some of the ways an assistant may assist the O5 Council would be through​
  • Speaking to Department Directors/Leaders about certain O5 wishes
  • Monitoring Departments to ensure they follow O5 wishes
  • Handing out orders to A1 to ensure they are following the best interests of O5
  • Doing errands for Council members
  • Writing documents/reports about classified stuff
  • Also just observe and document
Please give some lore about your Overseer Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Before the experiments​

Erl Carlson was born in an average family, as average as you could get, His father working as a carpenter was a well paying and well liked man amongst his colleagues, while his mother was phone operator in the early 1950s an unusual time for a married woman to work it was still a mundane line of work for someone in the 50s, the house life wasn't that interesting every time Erl would come home the same routine would happen, he would study or do his homework and go out with his friends or watch TV which was one of the luxuries his family allowed themselves, another luxury was the great school where he was allowed to attend, it was a high school in a rich area where everyone's parents were either lawyers or doctors. There Erl Carlson exelt at sciences primarily biology which he enjoyed so much to the point at which he would be happy to come back home and read biology books all day, this almost obsession with biology led him to be selected to an advanced placement for a science class that was primarily focused on biology but also with a minor on chemistry, this classroom was also where Erl met most of his friends. One day at the last classes one of his classmates invited him over to have a beer this is how the conversation happen​
David - Hey Erl you are a nice guy, how about we go out for a beer at the bar nearby the railroad at the end of the​
Erl - You sure we could pass as adults, I'm not sure if they would allow me or you in the bar​
David - Don't worry the bar is owned by my uncle he knows me and will allow you​
Erl - Alright if you say so​
With that, Foxatron and Erl to the bar, where they spent the rest of the day and eventually the night at Foxatron's home. While nobody is doubting that this was a good time, this also became a gateway into an abusive relationship with alcohol eventually resulting in an almost daily use of alcohol, alongside that Erl also became more involved into the illegal aspect mostly alongside the greasers, while these relationships did not start out with any illegal intent they did eventually lead to consumption of narcotics from a monthly ocorounce to an almost daily thing, this also lead to reduced presence in school and generally a life focused more on getting high or drunk than on doing anything with it, while at the start Erl's relationships with his family remained as time went on and his addiction and control over live started to slip into dangerous territories, his family started separating from him, eventually leading to an incident where Erl was caught coming home high which resulted in him getting kicked out and disowned, this intern led to him getting more into crime life by then graduated from high school and was long done with his education, and due to his drug habits he was unable to get a job for a month this inability to get a paid and legitimate income source led him to joining organized crime from small things like shoplifting to carjacking and drug dealing. While at first Erl was able to get by the cops and avoid getting into any trouble this did not last long as he was caught and arrested on a shoplifting charge, this ended up not doing much as 3 months later he was mixed up in a stickup which led to him receiving a 2-year sentence for drug dealing. This was relatively a small sentence as Erl was able to show some remorse and the judge was sympathetic twords him.​
In prison Erl changed a lot, now after a painful withdrawal Erl was able to be his old self, yet the more time he spent the more violent and aggressive he would become, that is what prison made him. After a year in prison, Erl has become affiliated in the gang culture of prisons and during a riot in which he participated he planned out and committed the murder of an officer, this got him a death sentence for first degree murder and with that Erl was sent to Allan B. Polanski Unit where he mostly stayed in solitary confinement waiting for his execution, in an attempt to prolounge his life the lawyer assigned to Erl's case made constant appeals, some reaching the supreme court to get him out of the death sentence. After about a year of appeals and no hope of ever seeing out of his cell Erl received a strange visitor he was well-dressed in an all black suit, and he had some strange insignia on his shoulder a circle with some arrows pointing inwards, he was here to make a deal, he explained to Erl that he was ready to set him free on one condition he would have to go to a secret "medical" facility and experiment if he was to survive he would get freedom, considering the options for Erl were not that great, this was the best thing that has happened in a long time. With that Erl was officially "executed" and following that shipped to Site 65 With that,​
Erl became a D-class​

Time as a D-Class​

Erl's first impressions with the facility were that this was no standard "medical" facility, everywhere there were guard armed by heavy guns and protected by even heavier armor, I wounder how much they are getting paid to stand in full summer heat with that much clothing thought Erl to himself, it also seemed that every other door was a futuristic steel blast door, for a medical facility this seemed very unusual and almost a waste of resources this must be something else thought Erl.​
Upon arriving at their cells, Erl and another 5 D-class were put into a line and explained why they are here by a man indistinguishable from the other 10 guards present​
??? - Listen up we lied to you, but this doesn't mean that you won't be receiving your freedom or safety, this is not a military facility as you will soon find out, We are the SCP foundation this stand for Secure Contain and Protect we were founded since the middle 1800s and our job is to keep the world normal. Sometimes there are objects or creatures that by some unknown reasons behave outside the boundaries of physics we keep him here to protect the world from them, we also test on them and here is where you come in. When a test is considered too dangerous one of you will go and be the test subjects after a month you will be amnesitcated and released, I hope that is clear now go and relax relax, tomorrow should be your first test​
This introduction was a rude awakening to a new world for Erl, in some way he felt backstabbed as the medical test he was promised turned out to be something more dangerous but at the same time he was also intrigued about this new world of anomalies and alien like creatures, in the end it was not up to him, so he just went to bed in his small and cramped cell.​
It's 0500, and Erl is woken up by a rude knock on the door, before he is able to wake up and get out of his bed that knock turns into a whop as the door slides open and Erl is dragged out of his bed without him even realizing what is happening. At this point Erl was not sure what was happening when he attempted to get himself up he was hit with the end of a rifle, from there Erl was just let himself being dragged by 2 men in armor. Upon arriving to another blast door with the inscription if SCP-173 Sentient and Violent the guards stopped and threw Erl on the ground after which they pulled out their radio and started talking in some foreign codes, after about 10 minute of waiting and seemingly receiving a code the guards pulled Erl into a room where a scientist explains that his role is to look at the creature in front of him and that he will know it when he sees it. And that's what Erl Did when he entered SCP-173 chamber, in front of him was slightly bigger than human creature looking like a peanut made from cement, while it was hard seeing them as Erl was concentrated looking at the creature another 2 prisoners were alongside him and after a few seconds one came up with a saw and tried to saw a piece of the creature.​
After that A gunshot was heard from behind and Erl Crouched and blinked as a reflex so did the other guy and a loud cracking sound was able to be heard, after looking back Erl noticed that the statue seemingly teleported in the location of the prisoner with the saw and was standing above his corpse which had its head snapped around, at that moment the scientist announced in the intercom that the experiment is concluded and that the test subject must face the creature constantly and start backing away twords the blast door. After that was done the Blast door was closed and the prisoners brought back to their cells​
After that much hasn't happened and Erls life went back to a similar one of being on death row, that entailed waking up late at 12 seeing the food on your floor and eating it and then trying to get back to sleep until your next meal, this was a boring existence and one which Erl deeply wanted to stop thus the reason for his participation in this program. After 25 days in solitary confinement Erl was awoken by a loud thud and his door sliding open, at this point Erl jumped out of his bed to avoid being dragged by the guards, this time the guards were more cooperative and walked by him still with his hands handcuffed and armed to their teeth but at least they were not dragging him.​
In the second test the scientist explained that Erl will be blindfolded and that he must go and look in a certain direction, little that he knew that in that direction there was SCP-012 a dangerous and deadly SCP, after being explained that Erl was put into the chamber where nothing really happened, perhaps a boring an experiment, but it's always better for it to be boring than deadly. With that, the second was done and Erl was returned to his cell.​
After another 5 days a guard approached Erls cell, this time with a big smile, he told him that his time was done, by this time Erl did not even know how long had passed as the days seemed to go by without anything different in between. This is what the guard told Erl​
??? - Congrats out of the 6 people who came here you were the only one to survive and now is your time to relax, while we cannot fully release you as you are too important for long term research, I've seen on your file that you graduates from high school with good grades, we have an opportunity for you, we could hand you over to our scientists and they will train you to their best abilities and if you make it you will become a researcher, what do you say?​
Erl - Doesn't seem like a fair deal, but do I have another option​
??? - You are right about that, ill get you some normal clothes in a moment With that, Erl Carlson officially became a foundation staff​

A controversial Researcher​

While initially this decision was met with a big controversy although after orders from the o5 council came the disapproval for that stopped. In his training Erl proved to be a very smart and able fellow that was more than able to become a researcher, and after 6 years of trainings almost every day Erl was able to finally pass his doctorate and was able to join the research department as a Jr Researcher. His very first experiment involved SCP-330 the candy bowl, he tested multiple things[/SPOILER]​
1) If the intent of the victim mattered, so if the victim didn't know that he must not take more than 2 sweets will his hands be chopped off and​
2) The effects of each sweet inside the bowl​
This research turned out to be brilliant for someone with Erls experience, for this he credited his mentors who were world class scientists some even nominated for the Nobel prize.​
Given the strange nature of Erl's hiring, he did already connections in the o5 assistants that represented the o5s councils, while Erl did not know much about them other than the fact that it was their decision to let him work for the foundation, it was no surprise to him that after his initial research he was contacted by an assistant and was commissioned for a research study on the gas masked used by the SCP foundation, after the research study was done this resulted in Erl being promoted to an executive researcher where he gained even more connections with the o5 council.​
One of the experiences of Erl with the o5 council was a sort of getaway into unethical tests, far too often would he get a good test idea that could benefit the foundation but the ethics committee rejected it resulting in Erl going to the o5 council for approval for the test, despite this as states these test proved to be useful for the foundation and the ethics committee decided to keep a blind eye for the sake of progress.​
One day while working as a researcher and presenting a lecture Erl Was approached by 2 men in black suits who took him to a private room, where they informed that he was selected as a overseer assistant, this decision came as a complete surprise he was also informed that job is a mandatory one and that refusing it would result in serious consequences​
More lore to come...​

Attachments

• 1661315652931.png
    1661315652931.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:

Quin

May 26, 2022
Application Denied

Greetings @Erl Carlson, after review the council has decided to deny your application.
Improve your involvement within the community and with the Council to be considered in the future.
You may reapply in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.