MTF E-11 CPL (Held)
Captain (Held)
Chief Of Security (Holding)
MTF O-1 CPL (Holding)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
-RDM x2
NLR x1
Severe Toxicity (3 days)
However these were all last year in September 2022 . No such warnings since I have read the rules thoroughly since these were when I was new.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for the role of Ethics Committee Member

On site I have played combative roles for all most all of my time on the server and I want to try to now lean towards the roleplay creating side/passive side on the server to try and expand myself and a change of pace

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

I believe I am the best candidate for a number for reasons

Time as Chief of Security: During my 3+ months in charge of the department I have been the steady hand guiding the reformation even further down its course of changes. Under my leadership we have revolutionised the captain application process and also have innovated old and new documents to fit SL and SA standards and requirements. Furthermore, Under my time as CoS the GSD department has scored monthly reviews of 6/10 and 7/10. This has been a major improvement in scores for an un whitelisted regiment in a matter of months with simple yet effective changes ranging from changes in captain performance and more advanced training and documentation to accompany them. Also, during my time as CoS with the changes to rules of the server multiple times affecting GSD and changes to the CoC and CoE to the legal codex I have helped the department make these changes quickly and effectively without causing disruption.

Time as O-1:I believe my time as O-1 has really helped me understand the level of passive RP that goes on in Site-65 which most people don't get too see so close and detailed, I also believe the time has also really helped my professionalism and has also allowed me to learn from other experienced players in ISD through the co operation and joint RP and training events to not only increase my combative skills but also RP skills both low and high level in Site-65

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

The Ethics Committee have one main responsibility: Create RP within Site 65 and outside the site.this can be done in many forms

Audits - Audits where the EC can investigate a department and go through all of their documents and questions and personnel they need to. This can be a random occurrence or a planned audit depending on the situation and context e.g unethical behaviour

Approving tests - Approving tests such as ones involving 914 to create RP for researchers and to make sure they are ethically sound

Approving documentation made by researchers

Hosting tribunals - Trials conducted to find out if a foundation personnel or member has acted unethically or against the legal codex. Done in situations involving major breaches of the Codex or involving CL4 personnel.

Overseeing departments - Each ethics member will have an ECM assigned to them as a liaison and also there for any questions or help the departments heads may need, They are also there to watch the department and make sure everything is ethical

Crisis coordination - They are also responsible for crisis in major breaches onsite such as calling code blacks and co ordinating ERT and then detonating the alpha warhead if need be

Dealing with CI and UNGOC - They answer CI-F communications and also help create roleplay for those outside the foundation and also deal with these organisations

The public site command - The committee is expected to be an open door site command while O5 work behind site administration. They are expected to be public and deal with public issues by holding tribunals and issue rulings ect. Publicly. People should also be able to speak to the EC if requested about any issues and have them resolved

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

The recent site command changes have changed the responsibilities of the committee

They now directly handle DIA applications as many of the other applications went to Site Administration. The committee may be asked for input on high level applications but they no longer have the final say in them except For the department of Internal Affairs. They also work with O5 to ensure the Legal codex is all up to date and issue any changes to it as they may need to. They still however manage the O1 CO team and also co ordinate with them on discord for tasks and updates on the regiments

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

PLEASE SEE CAPTAIN AND DPT CHIEF APPLICATIONS FOR FIRST 2 PARTS OF LORE:

After the brief celebration of becoming Dpt.Chief and all the introductory duties. It was soon down to work, As soon as he stepped into the job he experienced a new kind of direct relationship with site command. Now he has the ear of the Council and the committee a lot easier than when he was previously a captain. He experienced a more passive setting in a job and he loved it, he enjoyed all the new command responsibility and finally felt for a time he actually was happy where he was. But again he grew more and more ambitious overtime but tried to ignore it. Fred continued to pour all his work and dedication into the job of chief and succeeded in the short term tasks of implementing new rules and changes as well as recruiting a new captain team with the correct skillset and necessary experience to help him in his tasks as chief which gave him some breathing room for some much needed attention to focus on other tasks. However, He still had his ambition of making the site a safer and more just place to be. He held onto it and with the announcement of 2 slots open on the Ethics Committee he knew this was his opportunity to not only make his dream a reality but also satiate his ambition. He applied then after a few days was called for an interview.

BEGIN AUDIO LOG #1896 /CL5 CLEARANCE REQUIRED/

Mysterious figure - So you applied for the committee???

Fred - Yes i did

Mysterious Figure - You have the required experience and knowledge. But we don't have the why???

Fred - I want to make the site a safer and more just place

Mysterious Figure - How will you do this??

Fred - I………………………. Instead of me telling you let me show you and the committee what i can really do for Site - 65

Mysterious Figure - You sure you're up for it??????

Fred - I wouldn't have applied if i wasn't

Mysterious Figure - good point, We are happy to extend the position to you. You bare alot of responsibility now. Good luck

Fred - Thank you, I won't let you down

END PLAYBACK

Last edited:

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait

+Support

- Great leader

- Good interactions

- Good fit for this role

- Mature

- Has to leave COS

Last edited:
Reactions: xCore

Gat

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2022

+ SUPPORT

+ Mature
+ Effective
+ Patient
+ Experienced

Instructor, I've left you this + support not only because you're my friend but also because you are a logical fit for the role who deserves this more than anyone. I've seen you overcome hardship after hardship both in game and IRL but you always find time to get on Chief and show your face to remind the members of GSD what it is that they should be doing because that's what you are, you are a reminder to GSD that there's always room for improvement and I fully trust that you can be that for the Ethics Committee.

• Love
Reactions: xCore

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
+ Support
- Good Application (Responsibilities section lacks detail)
- Good Interactions
- Sr. CL4 Experience

Good Luck,
Falcon

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
ForumPost.png

- Ethics Committee Verdict Report
- Fred Madox for Ethics Committee Member

Good Afternoon Mr. Madox,

Thank you for showing an interest in joining the Ethics Committee; The Committee has met in deliberation of your application and concluded that you are not yet suited to assume the position of Ethics Committee Member. You may contact me personally at your own leisure if you require elaboration on the Committee's decision. You may reapply for this position in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.