[UK] James 'Nikolai' Mellow's Executive Researcher application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:71912009

Discord name: Jasperdoit#9385

For how long have you played on CG SCP: 1 day and 14 hours.

In what country are you located?: The Netherlands

Time zone: GMT +1 (CEST)

Character name(s): James ‘Nikolai’ Mellow

Civilian name: Roy Dean.

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK.

Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: N/A.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: N/A.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

I wish to gain more responsibility within the foundation and “Climb the ranks” as of sorts. I’ve been enjoying myself within my current position as Researcher but want and know I can take on the duty of executive Researcher. I also feel that becoming an executive will make me able to get more out of my research character and improve the effectiveness of the Research Department. Another reason would be documents: These bundles of joy have taken hours away from me, but in the end I would still deem it worthy enough to know that it brought a smile one somebody's face. I want to see what other people right and give it the correct rating for it.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?

I am well experienced in interacting and roleplaying in different roles. On a previous server, I used to be the right hand of a rebellion group and made it abundantly clear to everyone where their fate should lie. I can assure you that despite what I just wrote, I am not bossy in the slightest and rather act as a team player for my fellow researchers. I can, however, discipline people for acting out beyond reasonable barriers. I am very proficient in English and love writing lengthy and detailed stories which most of the time also contain a twist. I like to think of myself as a mentor character who likes giving people the right push in the back to make good things happen. One last thing that sets me apart from the rest of the competition would be my reliability in performing ethical research. I always make sure I hold up to the ethics committee's standards and will gladly report any concerns I have regarding research projects when it comes to ethics.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
  • Although I haven't been given an official figure if I had to estimate, I would say about 3-4. I've written a total of 8.
  • The short, four-page documents always give me bad vibes from the get-go. Although the longer it gets, the more important the format becomes. I won't read a 30-page document if there is no index inside of it.
  • Besides checking the length of each document, you also need to consider the spelling and grammar. I can have the best story in the world in my hands, but if I cannot decode what it is trying to tell I can’t grade it accordingly.
  • Nobody likes a half-assed document with a research aim that indirectly translates to "I wanted to feed the SCP D-Classes for easy points."
  • While the importance of grammar and spelling can sometimes be taken less into account, if I fall asleep halfway through reading it, something dire needs to be done to make me mark it as excellent. If a story is written, make it exciting! Not everything has to happen in-game, some things can be made up to give your story some authenticity.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?

There are multiple responsibilities an executive researcher needs to uphold. These include but are likely not limited to:

1. First and foremost, they are there to make sure that research is being conducted. No use in a research department if everyone just sits on their bum.
  2. Besides getting research started, they also need to make sure that this research is safe and ethical. We don't want the ethics committee to knock on Pennington's door for the fifth time because some junior decided that performing human trials on 914 did not require any approval. We're not animals, we have standards to uphold, and the research executives are the ones that make sure of that.
  3. Although people would be quick to think that executives only moan at people to get stuff done ethically, they are also there to come up with creative ideas for subordinates to execute and oversee projects that are too dangerous for researchers to perform by themselves. If a researcher is ever in a knot, the executives are there to help untie it.
  4. And finally, there is there to be an example to other researchers as to how business should be done and what the dos and donts of the job are. They should know what researchers can and can’t do and pass this information on to subordinates.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

James ‘Nikolai’ Mellow. Age: 27. Not much is known about this man. To colleagues, he seems to have just appeared someday. Some say he got kidnapped by the foundation for finding an anomaly. Others say he used to be a scientist for the Chaos Insurgency and has since been converted to the foundation. An even less believable story that floats around is that he simply just showed up at the front desk one day and demanded a spot on the research team.

Although none of these stories can be confirmed, what can be confirmed is his involvement in countless projects, most of which aimed at finding better methods to contain the anomalies inside the foundation. He can always be seen hanging around the executives, trying to listen in on the latest gossip around the office.

Nikolai is an upbeat person who just can’t get enough of performing tests. He is kind but can be strict to others and himself when it comes to important tasks. He never wants to miss out on field research and would probably give a kidney or two to meet a new anomaly. Despite all of this, he can sometimes also be a bit reckless and gullible, giving people the benefit of the doubt more than he should. His pastimes include reading documents and exploring the confines of every site he works at.

One oddity that has been observed by the staff of site-65, would be how often people see him hanging around Executive Researcher James Lyndon Pennington. Some brush it off as them just being very friendly with each other, others have raised some serious concerns with higher clearance personnel. Multiple investigations have been filed against him for the wildest reasons, however, none has been conclusive. We can’t say for certain if Nikolai’s goals lie deeper than the eye foundation reaches. It would be best for everyone to just keep an eye on him and wait for his next move.

+support
Known Spectrum for years; the name I first met him by. After Nyx requested that he needed +reps on his app I thought I would lend my support. I brought him onto this server and I have known him for nearly 5 years at this point? Since 2016 at least. I can confidently say he has excellent rp ability. Having been staff alongside me on a HL2RP server for many years. And as mentioned in the app he has also run an RP group alongside me.
If he got into Executive Researcher I can assure you he would be an excellent role-model and help to expand RP situations

Mar 24, 2022

Application Accepted

Hi Nikolai,

Thanks for taking the time to make an Executive researcher application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, poke me on teamspeak so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022
+ Support

+ Professional
+ Very good Application
+ Very big help with SCiPNET overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.