Civilian name: Herr Overscott
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher [Holding]
CI-A [Holding]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None
Why are you applying for Director of Research?
I am applying for the role of Director of Research as I wish to have a larger role within the Research Department, and because I believe I have the qualities and qualifications necessary to hold such a role. I have been working as an Executive Researcher for a month now, and in that time I believe I have made a positive impact on the Research Department as a whole in that time. When I first joined SCP:RP, I found that I enjoyed the RP the Research Department provided, and I quickly found out that this was the department that I enjoyed playing. I would like to help uphold that level of roleplay that the Research Department provided me and others with, and I would love to be able to elevate my position within the department in order to assist in running it smoothly.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I consider myself a very approachable and friendly person, and I would also say that I know what I am doing when it comes to testing and helping other researchers. I would say that I have a good understanding of the Foundation Legal Code and the Research Department Policy. I would also say that my activity is in general good, however it has been a bit up and down the this week due to school and a couple lasts tests that I had to work on. At times I show a nonchalant attitude, however this attitude helps me break the ice with others and quickly sort situations out quickly. That being said, I am serious when the situation calls for it and I believe I have shown a large dedication to quality roleplay. All in all, I believe I am mature and knowledgeable enough to hold the role of Director of Research, and I believe that, should I get this role, I would fulfill the responsibilities well.

Also, I figured I would mention that I was the leader of NATO on the Civil Networks Military RP server (for those who have not played MRP, NATO is one of the two major factions on it). I know this is not directly connected to the position I am applying for, however as the leader of NATO I gained a lot of experience when it comes to defusing and handling situations and conflicts within NATO. I believe that this experience will definitely come in handy should I need to defuse or take care of any conflicts or situations within the Research Department. I also gained experience when it comes to keeping out-of-character parts of the faction running (such as documents), and I believe that this will also come in handy should I become a DoR.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The DoR shares a lot of responsibilities with Executive Researchers (such as grading documents), however there are a couple main ones that DoR specifically focuses on, mainly being running the Research Department's Executive team. Examples of such responsibilities are:
1) Handling Executive Researcher applications, as well as introducing new executive researchers to the Executive Research Department team as to uphold the quality of the Research Department.
2) Holding Research Command meetings.
3) Interact with the Research Command team and hear their opinions, as well as handling any conflicts that should arise.
4) Maintaining and improving relationships between the Department of Research and other departments.
5) Being in charge of the Research Department's documentation, such as the ScD Policy and Research Roster.

There are still responsibilities that the DoR has that are not connected to running the Research Department itself though, such as:
1) Being a role-model for other researchers.
2) Helping out researchers with tests or documentation.
3) Grading documents (this is a shared responsibility of both the DoR and Exec. Researchers).
4) Enforcing the ScD Policy (as the DoR you will also have to enforce this should any Exec. Researchers breach it).
5) Normal CL4 responsibilities.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
James Overscott: Personnel File

Reactions: lybbx

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the site administration team of site-65.

Hello, @James Overscott

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request.

This request has been put on hold. There are currently no available positions pertaining to this role available.
We will review this request as soon as a position has been opened.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
A Department Director has resigned, meaning this application is no longer on hold.

Caeden

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 21, 2021
+Support

Really Nice Guy
Most helpful person since I rejoined.
Good understanding of rules
Good tests
Friendly
Professional
CL4 experience
Trusted in community
Experience leading large amounts of ppl (NATO)

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
+support

Active within the research department always contributing & aiding in bettering it whilst conducting tests, helping out others, & providing suggestions.

Best of luck.

Insurgent oreo

Sep 29, 2022
+ Massive Support
+Support

Really Nice Guy
Most helpful person since I rejoined.
Good understanding of rules
Good tests
Friendly
Professional
CL4 experience
Trusted in community
Experience leading large amounts of ppl (NATO)
Second this.

Vxnt

Jun 5, 2022
+Support
+Active executive in the foundation.
+Good interactions.
+All-round nice person.
+Good App/Nice lore

Jacub

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jan 21, 2022
+Support

+ Great activity within the Research Department.
+ Previous leadership experience.

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the site administration team of site-65.

Hello, @James Overscott

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Reactions: Caeden
Status
Not open for further replies.