Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kol

Dec 25, 2022
Name: Jay Owen

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:158291093

Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: UK

Level of appeal (2 or 3): 2

Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: Level 1 was the ingame tribunal where a 2.5 hours long RP session happened in which none of our voices were listened to or questions answered. Anytime a question came up when we had an E11 unit on the witness stand, the acting judge, Ethics Member Athena, would not allow it to pass to get out the answers.

Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: Tribunal Court.

Rank demoted from: CPT To SGT /a Perma Strike (which is again bit too much)

Who demoted you?: Judges:Athena Ethics SC
Prosecution: Site Advisor Cameron

Date of demotion?: 02.06.2023

What is the case against you?: Interference 1 / Kidnapping 1 / Misuse Solitary 1 / Protocol 1/Misuse 2
Is this true?: NO, At this point I am being treated as if I TOOK E11 out of HCZ and stripped his stuff when this was just a routine Code 1 check, the E11 just happened to be that person today nothing else. There are many ways to check DCs this is just one of em.

Interference 1

The E-11 was enforcing the FLC, however the Nu-7 CPT was simply doing his duties. This does not interfere with it due to the fact that he did not prevent the E-11 from arresting the Tech Expert, but simply checking if he was truly E-11 and not a CI Deepcover.

Kidnapping 1

The Nu-7 CPT has reasonable suspicion to assume that the E-11 may be a Deep Cover, due to the fact that a CODE 1 was active, Presence of a CI Deepcover in HCZ was reported and the E-11 was dragging a Tech Expert in a Hazmat suit through HCZ.

Misuse Solitary 1

The E-11 was not imprisoned with the usage of the IA Jail System, but simply detained in HCZ to check if he was truly an E-11.

Protocol 1

The Nu-7 was simply following protocol. He had reasonable suspicion that the E-11 could be a Deepcover and did everything he could to check if he was real or not.

Misuse 2

The only equipment that could've been misused was the Restraints. However, Nu-7 CO's spawn with Restraints and he had reasonable suspicion to restrain the E-11 to check if he was legitimate.

Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: Never/Nor a Strike.

Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: Non apart from this one.

What is your side of the story?:
Prior to this incident, there were reports of heavy numbers of Chaos Insurgency present inside of the HCZ area.
Myself and other Nu-7 members responded to the code 1. During this response, we were unaware that E-11 had set up a checkpoint at the blastdoor of Lower HCZ. Upon arrival, I witnessed an E-11 dragging a restrained Tech expert as shown in Exhibit B (00:00 - 00:10).
When myself and an Nu-7 SPC encountered the E-11, the Tech Expert screamed that the E-11 was an imposter, which is Exhibit B (00:04 - 00:07).
When the SPC finished the ID Check, I decided to check him myself, which is also seen in Exhibit B (00:16 - 00:18).
When his ID checked out, I requested for him to hand over the restrained Tech expert. When the E-11 explained that the tech expert was trespassing. I decided to restrain the E-11 to do some extra checks to ensure that this E-11 was telling the truth and was in fact not a CI Deepcover.
As shown in Exhibit C, after restraining him, I blindfolded and gagged him, as we do with everyone who we suspect is a CI Deepcover to prevent them from taking cyanide and/or calling out their location to other CI members.
After checking him, asking in comms about the E-11 and checking his keycards, we received reports in comms that the CI Deepcover was terminated, which is shown in Exhibit C (00:52).
After this, we handed the E-11 over to another E-11 who came to pick him up, which is shown in exhibit C (01:18 - 01:34). This was the end of it.
The Incident lasted at most 3 and a half minutes and ended with no one being harmed in any way.

Evidence
Disclaimer
All the evidence was taken from the original court case (None of this was tampered in any way or form)
Examine all aspects of evidence provided by Defended (Written text in Chat on right side and Audio heard within the videos) as these are crucial parts of the evidence.

Exhibit A:

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1bAUDuwqdjDWOY/d1337HkgC2bz?invite=cr-MSx4MjgsNjA2MTMwMyw

Context for Exhibit A:
The E-11 interacting with the tech expert for the first time

Exhibit B:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1bAV3DdV4Pa1bq/d1337XChxExX?invite=cr-MSxkVzksNjA2MTMwMyw
Context for Exhibit B:
Jay Owen and another Nu-7 interacting with the E-11 for the first time

Exibit C:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1bAVLZj7hWkp_J/d1337qwXOSh3?invite=cr-MSxNbzEsNjA2MTMwMyw
Context for Exhibit C:
The E-11 was suspected of being a CI and was detained

Exhibit D:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BI535hiLmHiZ-Ii_1cf6J7Ar5Vr4UXSwLXfhwztrDEg/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ouid=101689701456407821319&rtpof=true&sd=true
Exhibit D Context:
Court summon and Court citation documents issued to Jay Owen himself

Last edited:

Broda

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2022
Hi Jay,
I was present for 10 minutes and was not there for your sentencing. Please adjust accordingly. Cheers.

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
Forum Post CL4.png

To: Mr. Jay Owen
CC: The Ethics Committee, Tribunal Network CL4
Subject: Escalation Protocol Stage 2 - Mr. Owen vs Site-65 Administration

Good Evening Mr. Owen,

Thank you for taking the time to escalate an appeal to me; I note firstly that this escalation represents a request for the Chair of the Ethics Committee to express it's authority through an executive decision that overrules a Tribunal witnessed by a jury of your impartial peers and presided by a member of clearance level 5. While the Chair does reserve such authority, it does not weigh executive decisions of this level lightly, I therefore consider the following in close detail:

1) A Code-1 emergency had been declared in Site-65 and persisted throughout your interactions evidenced in this case file
2) An MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' secured an arrest on an insubordinate Technical Expert who was in breach of Trespass 2
3) The Technical Expert falsely identified the MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' to Mr. Owen as "an imposter with no I.D card who is trying to kidnap me"
4) The MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' presented his ID to both Mr. Owen and MTF Nu-7 SPC 'Big Mike' as soon as he is asked to
5) Both Mr. Owen and MTF Nu-7 SPC 'Big Mike' held MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' at gun point and inspect the I.D of MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' in close detail and confirm he is a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation
6) Both Mr. Owen and MTF Nu-7 SPC 'Big Mike' continued to hold MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' at gun point after confirming he was a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation
7) Mr. Owen asks MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' why he is arresting the Technical Expert to which MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' responds "he was trespassing"
8) Mr. Owen states that the Technical Expert "is not trespassing" and that "the doors are broken anyway"
9) Mr. Owen threatens to shoot MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' while knowing that he is a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation and unlawfully arrests MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland'
10) After placing MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' under arrest, Mr. Owen blindfolds and gags MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' and arranges for MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland's Kant levels to be checked
11) MTF E-11 LCPL Arshia arrives and questions Mr. Owen's actions
12) A lot of Mr. Owen's speech past this point is semi-unintelligible but Mr. Owen appears to state that the Technical Expert has a right to be in the HCZ, Mr. Owen states that he is "confused" and that he "just needs to check him"
13) MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' is then transferred to MTF E-11 LCPL Arshia and released
14) Mr. Owen and MTF Nu-7 SPC 'Big Mike' then check the identity of the Technical Expert

Interference 1
Interfering with Foundation personnel who are enforcing the Foundation Legal Codex

Kidnapping 1
Restraining or detaining Foundation personnel against their will and denying their escape without just cause

Misuse Solitary 1

Detaining Foundation personnel in solitary confinement without the use of the Internal Affairs jail system

Protocol 1

Not following Foundation or Departmental protocols

Misuse 2

Misuse or possession of unauthorised equipment

SCP Foundation Legal Codex
S-65 E-11 HCZ Checkpoint Guide
MTF E-11 Handbook
MTF Nu-7 Roster
MTF Nu-7 Handbook
Academy Basic Guide

Interference 1: Upheld - Guilty
In the case of Interference 1 it is evidenced that MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' produces I.D when requested and provides valid explanation that he is arresting the Technical Expert for trespass, at this point you were aware that MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' was a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation and that he was enforcing the FLC. Your actions to impede MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' therefore qualify for Interference 1. I note: It would have been far more appropriate for you to have collaborated with MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' to interrogate the Technical Expert.

Kidnapping 1: Upheld - Guilty
In the case of Kidnapping 1; due to MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' complying with your requests to show I.D and otherwise not demonstrating any evasiveness or hostility - it is evidenced that you hold a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation at gunpoint and unlawfully arrest them, as you had no evidence to suggest that MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' was doing anything other than enforcing the FLC by arresting the trespassing Technical Expert.

Misuse Solitary 1: Overruled - Not Guilty
In the case of Misuse Solitary it is evidenced that you did not place MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' into any form of solitary confinement and infact transferred him to MTF E-11 LCPL Arshia who immediately released MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' from his restraints.

Protocol 1: Upheld - Guilty
In the case of Protocol 1, I note that you are a member of MTF Nu-7's Academy subdivision and that there is nothing within your regimental handbooks or subdivision duties that is relevant in your defence and that at the time of your arresting MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' you were therefore subject to site-wide protocols as defined by Site Administration and Site Command. By continuing with your arrest on MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' after identifying him as a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation, instead of continuing your priority duties as per Code-1 protocols, you were in breach of Protocol 1.

Misuse 2: Overruled - Not Guilty
In the case of Misuse 2 there is no evidence provided of you misusing or possessing any equipment that is not allocated to your standard loadout. I observe that the equipment you possess is standard issue and is as follows: Assault Rifle, Elastic Restraints, Interrogation Tool.

To weigh my final verdict I have conducted a thorough background check and character reference against you and observe the following:

- You are the subdivision lead of the MTF Nu-7 subdivision The Academy and that this is the only Nu-7 subdivision not currently supported by a complete handbook, the last time the handbook was updated was 08/05/23. There is no observable evidence to suggest you have committed any time to developing the handbook since then. To my knowledge development of The Academy has not seen any oversight from Site Administration and Site Command and this represents a cause for concern.

- The mission statement of The Academy states "focusing on recruiting people and training people to do tryouts" and that the role of The Academy lead is listed as "Oversees All Operations of NU7 Recruitment and Mentors." Despite these two statements there is no evidence in the Nu-7 roster of you hosting any trainings or tryouts. Maintaining a quality tryout and training programme is fundamental to the health of an MTF regiment, at present it is my observation that your lack of effort in your duties as The Academy lead is detrimental to the health of MTF Nu-7.

- Your conduct in externals demonstrates a good attitude and healthy engagement with your regiment and the wider community which is a quality befitting a member of CL4

Therefore,

BY ORDER OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE ETHICS COMMITTEE:

- MTF Nu-7 SGT Jay Owen is to be offered promotion to MTF Nu-7 LT
- Mr. Owen is hereby offered the opportunity to escalate his appeal to level 3 to argue for promotion to MTF Nu-7 CPT if he is not satisfied with the Chair's decision
- The permanent strike on Mr. Owen's SCP Foundation personnel record is to be removed.
- Mr. Owen is to immediately consult Site Administration on the development of The Academy.
- Should Mr. Owen choose to accept the Chair's verdict and reassume the duties of a commissioned officer he is to immediately re-engage himself with the development of The Academy and the wider training/tryout programme of MTF Nu-7 so that his work will contribute towards the health of the regiment.

King Kol

Dec 25, 2022
View attachment 8013

To: Mr. Jay Owen
CC: The Ethics Committee, Tribunal Network CL4
Subject: Escalation Protocol Stage 2 - Mr. Owen vs Site-65 Administration

Good Evening Mr. Owen,

Thank you for taking the time to escalate an appeal to me; I note firstly that this escalation represents a request for the Chair of the Ethics Committee to express it's authority through an executive decision that overrules a Tribunal witnessed by a jury of your impartial peers and presided by a member of clearance level 5. While the Chair does reserve such authority, it does not weigh executive decisions of this level lightly, I therefore consider the following in close detail:

1) A Code-1 emergency had been declared in Site-65 and persisted throughout your interactions evidenced in this case file
2) An MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' secured an arrest on an insubordinate Technical Expert who was in breach of Trespass 2
3) The Technical Expert falsely identified the MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' to Mr. Owen as "an imposter with no I.D card who is trying to kidnap me"
4) The MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' presented his ID to both Mr. Owen and MTF Nu-7 SPC 'Big Mike' as soon as he is asked to
5) Both Mr. Owen and MTF Nu-7 SPC 'Big Mike' held MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' at gun point and inspect the I.D of MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' in close detail and confirm he is a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation
6) Both Mr. Owen and MTF Nu-7 SPC 'Big Mike' continued to hold MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' at gun point after confirming he was a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation
7) Mr. Owen asks MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' why he is arresting the Technical Expert to which MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' responds "he was trespassing"
8) Mr. Owen states that the Technical Expert "is not trespassing" and that "the doors are broken anyway"
9) Mr. Owen threatens to shoot MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' while knowing that he is a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation and unlawfully arrests MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland'
10) After placing MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' under arrest, Mr. Owen blindfolds and gags MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' and arranges for MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland's Kant levels to be checked
11) MTF E-11 LCPL Arshia arrives and questions Mr. Owen's actions
12) A lot of Mr. Owen's speech past this point is semi-unintelligible but Mr. Owen appears to state that the Technical Expert has a right to be in the HCZ, Mr. Owen states that he is "confused" and that he "just needs to check him"
13) MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' is then transferred to MTF E-11 LCPL Arshia and released
14) Mr. Owen and MTF Nu-7 SPC 'Big Mike' then check the identity of the Technical Expert

Interference 1
Interfering with Foundation personnel who are enforcing the Foundation Legal Codex

Kidnapping 1
Restraining or detaining Foundation personnel against their will and denying their escape without just cause

Misuse Solitary 1
Detaining Foundation personnel in solitary confinement without the use of the Internal Affairs jail system

Protocol 1
Not following Foundation or Departmental protocols

Misuse 2
Misuse or possession of unauthorised equipment
SCP Foundation Legal Codex
S-65 E-11 HCZ Checkpoint Guide
MTF E-11 Handbook
MTF Nu-7 Roster
MTF Nu-7 Handbook
Academy Basic Guide

Interference 1: Upheld - Guilty
In the case of Interference 1 it is evidenced that MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' produces I.D when requested and provides valid explanation that he is arresting the Technical Expert for trespass, at this point you were aware that MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' was a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation and that he was enforcing the FLC. Your actions to impede MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' therefore qualify for Interference 1. I note: It would have been far more appropriate for you to have collaborated with MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' to interrogate the Technical Expert.

Kidnapping 1: Upheld - Guilty
In the case of Kidnapping 1; due to MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' complying with your requests to show I.D and otherwise not demonstrating any evasiveness or hostility - it is evidenced that you hold a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation at gunpoint and unlawfully arrest them, as you had no evidence to suggest that MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' was doing anything other than enforcing the FLC by arresting the trespassing Technical Expert.

Misuse Solitary 1: Overruled - Not Guilty
In the case of Misuse Solitary it is evidenced that you did not place MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' into any form of solitary confinement and infact transferred him to MTF E-11 LCPL Arshia who immediately released MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' from his restraints.

Protocol 1: Upheld - Guilty
In the case of Protocol 1, I note that you are a member of MTF Nu-7's Academy subdivision and that there is nothing within your regimental handbooks or subdivision duties that is relevant in your defence and that at the time of your arresting MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' you were therefore subject to site-wide protocols as defined by Site Administration and Site Command. By continuing with your arrest on MTF E-11 SGT 'Holland' after identifying him as a loyal operative of the SCP Foundation, instead of continuing your priority duties as per Code-1 protocols, you were in breach of Protocol 1.

Misuse 2: Overruled - Not Guilty
In the case of Misuse 2 there is no evidence provided of you misusing or possessing any equipment that is not allocated to your standard loadout. I observe that the equipment you possess is standard issue and is as follows: Assault Rifle, Elastic Restraints, Interrogation Tool.

To weigh my final verdict I have conducted a thorough background check and character reference against you and observe the following:

- You are the subdivision lead of the MTF Nu-7 subdivision The Academy and that this is the only Nu-7 subdivision not currently supported by a complete handbook, the last time the handbook was updated was 08/05/23. There is no observable evidence to suggest you have committed any time to developing the handbook since then. To my knowledge development of The Academy has not seen any oversight from Site Administration and Site Command and this represents a cause for concern.

- The mission statement of The Academy states "focusing on recruiting people and training people to do tryouts" and that the role of The Academy lead is listed as "Oversees All Operations of NU7 Recruitment and Mentors." Despite these two statements there is no evidence in the Nu-7 roster of you hosting any trainings or tryouts. Maintaining a quality tryout and training programme is fundamental to the health of an MTF regiment, at present it is my observation that your lack of effort in your duties as The Academy lead is detrimental to the health of MTF Nu-7.

- Your conduct in externals demonstrates a good attitude and healthy engagement with your regiment and the wider community which is a quality befitting a member of CL4

Therefore,

BY ORDER OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE ETHICS COMMITTEE:

- MTF Nu-7 SGT Jay Owen is to be offered promotion to MTF Nu-7 LT
- Mr. Owen is hereby offered the opportunity to escalate his appeal to level 3 to argue for promotion to MTF Nu-7 CPT if he is not satisfied with the Chair's decision
- The permanent strike on Mr. Owen's SCP Foundation personnel record is to be removed.
- Mr. Owen is to immediately consult Site Administration on the development of The Academy.
- Should Mr. Owen choose to accept the Chair's verdict and reassume the duties of a commissioned officer he is to immediately re-engage himself with the development of The Academy and the wider training/tryout programme of MTF Nu-7 so that his work will contribute towards the health of the regiment.
Good Evening Chairman,

Thank you for taking the time to study in matter closely, i will accept the following reinstatement/promotion offer as LT and will immediately re-engage with the development of The Academy/ NU7.

Kind regards
Jay Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.