Metro

Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Employee
Group Moderator
Dec 26, 2020
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:150797632
Discord name: Metropolitan#0298
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Since server launch in different intervals
In what country are you located?: England
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): Metterson
Civilian name: Peter Merving
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher, Director of Research, O5-4, O5-7, O5-1

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
No

What makes you the best candidate for Ethics Committee Assistant?:
Due to primarily being a player of Internal Affairs, I can say with confidence that I am very knowledgeable of the Foundation Legal Codex and able to discern and navigate situations that require RP intervention. I enjoy creating serious roleplay and immersing both myself and others wherever I can. I have a good understanding of how different departments work which is especially useful when taking on a scrutinising or investigative role, as it allows me to come to an understanding much easier. I also like to believe that I am capable of producing well written and immersive documentation that can further or enrich roleplay situations on behalf of the Ethics Committee.

What are the responsibilities of Ethics Committee Assistants in RP?:
Ethics Committee assistants act in a wide capacity, sometimes acting as proxies acting on direct orders for the Ethics Committee, sometimes being an extension of the Ethics Committee's will via presence on site, and other times being given a variety of tasks to carry out on behalf of the Committee. When an assistant is not under direct orders, they typically ensure that the Foundation Legal Codex is being upheld by all personnel they encounter on site. Violations of the Foundation Legal Codex that are witnessed by or reported to assistants must be handled in the most appropriate way, which can be anything from informing Internal Affairs to making a direct report to the Ethics Committee itself - entirely dependent on severity.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:

"I couldn't find much on the guy, but this is the second falsified whistleblowing incident he's been involved with in the last 6 months."

"And we're sure they were both falsified, right?"

"That was the official ruling for both incidents. Tell me this, what kind of whistleblower doesn't even make a log of the ethical violations he's reporting?"

"The kind that gets swept under the rug, if you ask me. He wants an assistant position, so we're bound by protocol on this one. Get the Committee on the phone if you can, I need elevated access if I want to investigate former Clearance Level 4 files."

"You're wasting your time Brown - there's fuck all on that drive. This guy just wanted in on the compensation scheme, now he's here to slow down the researchers who he thinks did him dirty - I'm telling you. Plus, I'd rather not call them for a second time this week. If you're planning on doing a deep dive, call them yourself."

obrown@ec-desktop-core:~/home/MettersonE/Test Logs$ foremost -t dat -i /dev/sda10 -o /home/metterson/Test Logs
Foremost started at Thu Feb 16 15:23:54 20XX
Invocation: foremost -t dat -i /dev/sda10 -o /home/MettersonE/Test Logs
Output directory: /home/MettersonE/Test Logs
Configuration file: /etc/foremost.conf
Processing: stdin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File: stdin
Start: Thu Feb 16 15:23:56 20XX
Length: 1.9kb (1907 bytes)

File Recovered!

obrown@ec-desktop-core:~/home/MettersonE/Test Logs$ cat log_457_10_12.json
{
"personnel": ["Dr. M Donawich", "Dr. E Metterson", "Dr. E Carter", "Dpt. Director M Aurelio", "Dr. J Álvarez"],
"date": "20XX-10-12",
"clearance": 4,
"title": "The effects of externalised heat on SCP-457's speech patterns",
"scp_subjects": 457,
"entry_log_body": "\n
There's not much of a test log to be made here. Depends on your interpretation of testing to be honest. The purpose of the experiment was to study 457's response to
long term exposure to heat sources other than it's own. Can't say any of us walked out of that chamber with any new knowledge. As the Executive Researcher overseeing this project, I bear the weight of responsibility for any actions that need to be taken if necessary. Yes, I was the most senior researcher present besides the Director. Yes, I *could* have shut the whole thing down the moment things started going south - it's just not that simple. I'm not favoured here like Donawich and this Director isn't like the old one. They cut off the starch supply valves and set the sprinklers to stage 3 not even 10 minutes into testing. The FL heat gun we brought sat unused on the desk for the majority of the test - make no mistake - they wouldn't have used it if I wasn't there. I'm not sure if this thing can be killed, but it looked like they could done it given another 30 seconds or more. The Director didn't really participate in the festivities - he just watched. He spent the majority of the time looking at his watch, as if counting the seconds - before finally stepping in to shut it down. I'm willing to bet money he knows exactly how much 457 can take. I came back to the chamber about three hours later and isolated the starch cutoff circuit. I doubt those parapsychology fucks would ever look inside the panel before calling the engineers down to fix it. At least I know that the next time they do this, they won't be alone."
}

obrown@ec-desktop-core:~/home/MettersonE/Test Logs$ cd ..
obrown@ec-desktop-core:~/home/MettersonE$ cd Notes
obrown@ec-desktop-core:~/home/MettersonE/Notes$ ls | grep 'IA'

IA_case2341_notes.txt IA_case5423_notes.txt IA_personal03_notes.txt
IA_case8753_notes.txt IA_case1092_notes.txt IA_case9271_notes.txt
IA_case3810_notes.txt IA_case6732_notes.txt IA_case4194_notes.txt
IA_case5502_notes.txt

obrown@ec-desktop-core:~/home/MettersonE/Notes$ cat IA_personal03_notes.txt
I won't let the result of the tribunal keep me down. I doubt I'm the only one they tried to buy out, so the Director's suggestion for mandatory iodine pens might actually lead to a serious disruption on their end. The transfer is going well enough so far - I've been moved off front desk duty for the foreseeable future. The Director believes me, and that's all I need right now. They'll slip up again soon enough, and hopefully either of us are there when they do.

obrown@ec-desktop-core:~/home/MettersonE/Notes$ clea▎

Last edited:

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
+Support
Will likely outperform the standards for the job, is far overqualified and very skilled.

'Nuff said.
Best of luck, Metro.

"Aki"

Jan 21, 2023
Hello Metro, I will be giving you a +Support For the following reasons.

- Very Overqualified for the job
- Experience with CL4
- Experience With CL5
- Heard Mostly great things About you
- Great Application
- Great Lore
- Active on IA

Best of Luck, Metro.

PhoenixHeanix

May 19, 2022
+Support
Amazing roleplayer and wears a suit while playing the game
(real life O5)
also second best -1 im sorry but the first needs to go to ethan that mf did so much goofy shit

Best of luck real life O5.

Big Mike

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 16, 2022
+Support
Metterson is extremely competent and was very trustworthy as -1 fixing all problems the previous -1 couldn't solve now as IA Agent I saw him doing his duty extremely well I believe he would be good as ECA also he wears a suit while playing the game and very fluent in French.

McMuffin

Donator
Mar 3, 2023
+Support
+Active
+Great Application
+Great Lore

Tbh you need more experience <3

I wish you the best of luck on your verdict,
Bacon

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
Forum Post CL4.png

- Ethics Committee Verdict Report
- Mr. Metterson for Ethics Committee Assistant

Good Afternoon Mr. Metterson,

Thank you for showing an interest in joining the Ethics Committee; The Committee has met in deliberation of your application and concluded that you are suited to assume the position of Ethics Committee Assistant.

Would you kindly contact myself or an Ethics Committee Member at your earliest convenience in order to arrange an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.