Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstop

Sep 14, 2022
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): gmanrocks7
For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP: 1 Year, 2 Months+
In what country are you located?: United States of America
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): O-1 PVT 'Shortstop
Chaos name (include your rank): CI-D 'Shortstop'
Civilian name: 'Conman'
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:500154066
Discord ID (name#0000): Texas Orange (discord phased out numbers)
Do you have a mic?: Yes (Barely use it though, intentionally.)
What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
-Not for GM, but I have made two applications for SCP-096 (here & here)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-20 warns. My most recent on June 11th, 2023, for switching to CI Jugg after a foundation raid on CI base (They had all left the base at the time I switched, so it was a really confusing warn to me) and another on May 30th, 2023 for FailRP (the details of which I don't recall).
Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
-Not really. I've had experience as R&D lead for CI, but not any big gamemaster experiences.
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
-Lots. Too many to name, ie leading R&D until its collapse, leading various studies on anomalies, even first studies on things (such as AO-3388, which was originally called AI-1165, the file for which you can find in ethics assistant offices!), several excellent graded docs, experience in the UNGOC, and overall a lot of experience. I have had a lot of experience doing "first studies" in R&D or RsD type jobs for GoI, such as with 939 for CI, 9000 for GOC (Which went uncompleted due to a lot of complications with A-1), and AO-3388 (Known as AI-1165 in the ECA drawers) This gives me a lot of experience on how to study something and actually make a good document about it. I've also been involved in several events, such as Final Night, Extradimensional Cargo, Protocol Subjugation, etc.
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
- Average of 5 hours on weekdays and 7 on weekends.
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
-I wanna become a GM to better lead RP on the server, as well as enhance the RP I create. Currently, anyone who isn't a GM who tries to do a "big event" or set something up gets flat out denied, since nobody will likely show up. Having GM sort of aleviates this, while there will still be problems with attendance, it gets a lot better, and I feel having GM will help me do better events, as well as display my RP skills in a much better way.
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
-Background and lore for various SCPs. While a lot of people specialize in good, creative, whole new events, I can specialize in making events from characters already on the server, making for easier setups, better events, etc, as well as telling others anything they need to know about a certain character. A good example for this is 49, who, unlike many others, I have a lot of knowledge about, such as his experience with the RHCoUC, his history with friends and other SCPs, etc.
Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
-Setting up a school or campsite on surface in pinewood, involving Civilians and potentially the GOC/F/CI. This would be a short event where a campsite is set up, before eventually something anomalous happens, such as a mysterious anomalous animal showing up and killing a member, causing an investigation.
-Armored transport comes through pinewood, carrying weapons, payroll, and anomalous materials. Chaos ensues as GoIs try and capture it before it reaches its intended destination. Whoever can secure the transport get some sort of reward and more RP, such as opening and testing the contents of several boxes on the transport.
-Bartholomew Artz, aka the Anesthesiologist (link) arrives in pinewood and sneaks into Site-65 to contact an unknown individual (Most likely Dr. Haselhurst/SCP-049/The Surgeon). E-11 tries to stop him before failing, he reaches this aforementioned individual, and leaves behind some sort of clues as to where he came from and why he showed up, allowing site staff to study him and create theories about it.
Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)
-Build a cave in GM plain with abnormal traits such as blue grass, weird geometry and lighting, etc, as well as several anomalies within the cave. Then, built an entrance outside MC&D spawn, for example, or outside the lake second nearest to foundation (Same area where 'Final Night' was, not lakehouse!) then TP players in to experience it by capturing the anomalies within, taking photos, etc. Anybody from any GoI can show up, and as long as info gets relayed to said GoI, I expect most of them would show up.
List an example mission for each of the following:
O-1: Kidnap someone who has broken the FLC for a trial or interrogation.
A-1: Kidnap someone to prevent them from testifying against an O5.
Nu-7: Capture an unknown anomaly that has recently arrived on surface.
E-11: Be sent into a different dimension to fight and contain an anomaly from said dimension, or ascertain information on and then perish in the dimension.
CI: Give a creative reason to raid, such as recovering something of "vital importance" an event character has told CI CO's to get.
UNGOC: Capture or kill a KTE that has arrived in Pinewood
Foundation Staff: Study a new anomaly that has recently been transported to Site-65, such as SCP-066

Please reply with good advice so I can better this application, or the next one if I'm unlucky

Last edited:

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
Hi @Jackie Boy

I'll be giving a -Support today for some very obvious reasons.

The title suggests you have very little enthusiasm for becoming a GM and it reflects into your application also. The lack of detail in every event is not good at all. You haven't listed a map change event, just a major event.

This application is far from the minimum level for being accepted and if you are serious about becoming a Game Master here, you need to dramatically change your application.

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
-Support
Your application is severely lacking in detail and difficult to parse due to poor formatting.
Please orient yourself on accepted applications from the past few weeks/months
You can find them Here.

I wish you the best in future applications

Last edited:

Shortstop

Sep 14, 2022
-Support
Your application is severely lacking in detail and difficult to parse due to poor formatting.
Please orient yourself accepted applications from the past few weeks/months
You can find them Here.

I wish you the best in future applications
Could you, instead of showing me a mix of both denied and accepted applications, of which I can barely find similarities in, explain how the formatting is worse than other applications? That would be appreciated, thank you, and sorry if it's a bother!

Last edited:

Shortstop

Sep 14, 2022
Hi @Jackie Boy

I'll be giving a -Support today for some very obvious reasons.

The title suggests you have very little enthusiasm for becoming a GM and it reflects into your application also. The lack of detail in every event is not good at all. You haven't listed a map change event, just a major event.

This application is far from the minimum level for being accepted and if you are serious about becoming a Game Master here, you need to dramatically change your application.
asked a mod about what "Map Change" meant, as well as reviewed past applications, which confirmed that it was in fact making a "map on the gm plain" and tping people there, so idk what you mean when you say...
You haven't listed a map change event, just a major event.
Could you also be a bit more specific when you say that...
very little enthusiasm for becoming a GM and it reflects into your application also. The lack of detail in every event is not good at all.
since it's not very specific. Be more specific about what events aren't specific, what I could change, etc. Be constructive, not antagonistic.

Last edited:

Tay

Feb 4, 2023
Hello, Shortstop, unfortunately, after reviewing this app I am forced to give you a - Support

The primary reasons for this are as follows:

- Poor formatting (At the very least please use paragraphs)
- The six example missions lack detail and appear to be simply standard duties of those departments/factions
- Major lack of creativity and explanation of how these will be run for ALL events listed
- An apparent lack of understanding of the ways a GM operates

To improve your application, I'd recommend going over your events in more detail, mainly focusing on how you'll actually run these events, for example, listing what tools you'll use, the types of dupes you'll need, and if Pac-3 will be required.

A quick revamp of your events would also be a good idea, perhaps thinking of more creative ideas you can involve these factions in?
As well as including more lesser-known parts of the SCP lore within them?

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
Could you, instead of showing me a mix of both denied and accepted applications, of which I can barely find similarities in, explain how the formatting is worse than other applications? That would be appreciated, thank you, and sorry if it's a bother!
The Section of the Forums i have linked you is specifically the "accepted" section, any applications there have been formally marked as accepted, thus it is not a "mix"

The formatting is worse as it is unclear where one event ends and another begins, many people put their "3 Minor events" for example into a table, or into spoiler boxes, divide them into header and content.

Your application devotes a singular block of text to each
-Armored transport comes through pinewood, carrying weapons, payroll, and anomalous materials. Chaos ensues as GoIs try and capture it before it reaches its intended destination. Whoever can secure the transport get some sort of reward and more RP, such as opening and testing the contents of several boxes on the transport.
I hope this clarifies things and assists in your effort to improve your application

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
@Jackie Boy I do not appreciate being labelled as antagonistic when leaving feedback.

The entire application lacks detail. Whoever told you that is what a map change event is simply wrong. You completely add a new map to the server for a huge event for a few hours. I'd be interested to know who told you otherwise.

bobby joe

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 25, 2022
+Support
-
Trust worthy
-decent Application
-Active
-Chill guy

Jason Taylor (Cirenmatt)

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 12, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @Jackie Boy ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a Gamemaster application.

After careful consideration I have chosen to decline this application.

Your events are lacking in a lot of detail and is very short and vague, your map event is on a default GMOD map plain which I don't think has much thought into it.

You also seem to be arguing with the criticism taking from the GM's rather then learning to adapt from what they are saying.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.