turkey3
For how long have you played on CG SCP:
On and off for 3 years.
In what country are you located?:
UK.
Time zone:
GMT/BST.
Character name(s):
Steven "Turkey" Smith, Harold "Hacker" Bishop.
Civilian name:
Edward Baker
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?:
Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
NU7 LCPL,
GOC PVT.
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
None.
Why are you applying for Security Captain?
I have always enjoyed GENSEC more than most people on the server, I find the lack of confusing corridors, and clear objectives to be quite a lot more enjoyable than the controlled chaos that is MTF and the other GOIs. I have recently joined both NU-7 and GOC and have decided that I am not overly enthusiastic about them, as both have very long periods of downtime followed by what I can only describe as disheartening attempts to stop enemies far stronger than you (SCPs and CI Juggernauts), which result in you dying over and over whilst you slowly whittle down their HP. Whilst I was on both of these lives I realised I enjoyed my time in GENSEC far more than either of them, and that makes me want to move up through GENSEC and see what the higher ranks have to offer in terms of roleplay.

What makes you suitable for Security Captain?:
Back before SGT was whitelisted (and removed entirely if I recall correctly) I used to use it as my primary WL, as I always got lost in HCZ and so couldn't join an MTF, as both required you to find your way around HCZ at the time, so I am already experienced in managing the D-Block. I always aim to remain calm and can take a lot of frustration before I allow it to affect my judgement. I try and excersise patience at all times, as I find it makes dealing with situations far smoother in the long run. I am firm when necesarry, and am quite adept at getting people to quiet down and listen to what I have to say. In roleplay situations I always impress the importance of orderly communication, and follow through on my warnings when people aren't following instruction when at gunpoint. I believe firmly in the idea of a chain of command, and will not try to over or undermine anyone in GENSEC, as I believe this leads to animosity and a culture of backstabbing and treachery. I strive to remain fair and unbiased in all situations, and am willing and regularly do take myself out of situations I cannot remain impartial or rational in, especailly if they involve me directly.

What are the responsibilities of the Security Captain in RP?:
1. Controlling D-Block: The most important duty of a captain is to maintain a firm grasp over the entire D-Block, they should be totally aware of what's going on at all times, if something is happening they need to know and be preventing or assisting as it is happening or even before it does.

2. Authorising Sweeps: The best way a captain can maintain this control is authorising sweeps, to clear the D-Block of contriband and weapons. Very often there is no one who can authorise sweeps active in the times I am, which causes major issues managing D-Class. Captains are one of the few with this privalige, and as such it is important they utilise it to their fullest advantage.

3. Keeping D-Block running smoothly: Once everything is under control and the D-Block isn't actively under threat of a riot, it is very important that the captain keeps everything running smoothly. Experiments need to be run, D-Class may need medical attention, the chefs must cook, and the captain must make sure all these groups can work together whilst interupting each other as little as possible. In Code 5's a captain must keep everyone calm, restrict certain activities if necessary, and make the D-Block ready for combat if an SCP gets in. If the block is running smoothly it makes it even easier to spot irregularities such as trespassers or D-Class preparing for a riot, which can then be called out and managed far easier than if their is general chaos, which can allow dangerous things to slip through the cracks.

4. Managing GENSEC personel: Another duty of the captain is to manage and mentor the personel in GENSEC, both mentoring and punishing if necessary. They should give cadets advice on how to safely extract and reinsert D-Class from the airlock system, be ready to walk people through the weapon checking proceure, and be willing to instruct people on how to safely perform a proper sweep. A captain should always be ready to reprimand GENSEC members who do not follow the rules, especially as the cadet whitelist is one the first someone is given access to when they join the server, and is thus readily available for people who want to ruin the roleplay environment for everyone else. It is important to remember this fact when hading out punishments however, as very new players will not be as aware of their expectations and responsibilities as our more experienced GENSEC personel, keeping the wide gap in experience in mind, and handling each case with care and attention, is and essential skill for a captain to have.

Please give some lore about your Security Captain character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Early Life​

Steven Smith, known to his friends and colleagues as "Turkey" for his insatiable love for turkey meat, was born in a small town in Kansas. From a young age, Steven showed a natural aptitude for leadership and a strong sense of duty. Growing up on a farm, he developed a practical mindset and a no-nonsense attitude, qualities that would serve him well in his future career.

Military Career​

After high school, Steven enlisted in the United States Army, where he quickly rose through the ranks due to his strategic thinking and unwavering dedication. He served in various conflict zones, gaining extensive experience in high-stress environments and honing his skills in both combat and security operations. His fellow soldiers noted his peculiar habit of carrying turkey jerky with him on every mission, earning him the nickname "Turkey."

Transition to SCP Foundation​

Steven's military career took an unexpected turn when he was approached by a mysterious organization known as the SCP Foundation. Impressed by his impeccable service record and his ability to remain calm under pressure, the Foundation recruited him to join their ranks. Steven accepted the offer, intrigued by the prospect of protecting humanity from anomalous threats.

Role at Site-19​

Steven was assigned to Site-19, one of the Foundation's largest and most secure facilities, where he was put in charge of securing D-Class personnel. His role involved managing the containment and movement of D-Class individuals, ensuring they were properly briefed and prepared for testing with various SCPs. Steven's military background proved invaluable in maintaining order and discipline among the often unruly D-Class population.
Despite the grim nature of his work, Steven found solace in simple pleasures. His love for turkey meat remained a constant in his life, serving as a comforting reminder of his roots. Whether it was a turkey sandwich during a quick lunch break or a Thanksgiving-style dinner on special occasions, turkey was more than just food for Steven—it was a symbol of his resilience and a connection to his past.

Legacy at Site-19​

Over the years, Steven "Turkey" Smith became known not only for his expertise in security but also for his fair yet firm approach to managing D-Class personnel. His ability to maintain order in even the most chaotic situations earned him the respect of his colleagues and subordinates alike. Under his watch, Site-19 saw a significant decrease in containment breaches involving D-Class personnel, a testament to his effectiveness and dedication.

Transfer to Site-65​

Recognizing his exceptional skills and successful track record at Site-19, the Foundation decided to transfer Steven to Site-65, a facility known for its challenging and high-risk anomalies. The move was both a promotion and a testament to the trust the Foundation placed in Steven's abilities. At Site-65, he was tasked with implementing new security protocols and overseeing the D-Class personnel in a more complex and unpredictable environment.

New Beginnings at Site-65​

Steven embraced the transfer to Site-65 with his characteristic determination and adaptability. The new role came with greater responsibilities and challenges, but Steven's experience and steadfast nature made him well-suited for the task. He quickly earned the respect of his new colleagues and continued to uphold the highest standards of security and professionalism.
Steven's story is one of unwavering commitment and adaptability, qualities that make him an invaluable asset to the SCP Foundation. His journey from a small-town farm to the forefront of anomalous containment at Site-65 is a testament to the extraordinary paths that life can take—and a reminder that even in the darkest of times, simple joys like a love for turkey meat can provide a beacon of normalcy and comfort.

Feb 22, 2024
oki so

cons -
-none

neturals -/+
-could expand a bit on some other duties but most of them go without being said

pros +
-great guy, very nice to talk to and to work with
-a lot of interactions, all of them are just delightful
-as IA i didnt really need to do much with him and when i did he was extremely RP orientated
-pretty nice Vtime
-very professional, knows what hes doing
-great lore, really liked it

overall its a:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

hope youll get accepted man, good luck

Dear @Turkey_118
After careful consideration of your application, as well of your qualifications, we have come forward to inform you that you have been accepted for the position of Security Captain.

Please message either @Skinner or @Zack Baker to begin with the on-boarding process. This process will include an Interview as well as a trial phase in order to let us finalise the decision that will possibly let you take on the duties of a Security Captain. Once again, we congratulate you on passing your application in becoming a Captain, and we hope to see you as a fully-pledged member of our team.

Sincerely,
- James Siegel

skinner (1).png

Status
Not open for further replies.