Elias “Pathfinder Bouchard
Chaos name (include your rank): N/A
Civilian name: PAthfound
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:108821555
Discord ID (name#0000): ed.sc
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
No, I previously applied to GM back in 2022 but was denied as the team was full:
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Nope.
-
Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
Over my time roleplaying I have been a game master / event creator for a wide range of communities and games, from FiveM to Garry’s Mod. However, these formal positions have been on HL2RP/SWRP servers, rather than SCP-RP.
Relating to this community specifically, I believe I have created substantial roleplay across my various positions, currently as O5, but also in the past as a Site Director,and Agency Manager through the creation of projects / operations.
-
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
I have always preferred the more serious type of roleplay, and prior to this community I exclusively played NS based servers, where I held a wide range of positions.

On this server, I have held a wide range of CL4, and CL5 positions including: O5, O1 Major, Site Director, Site Advisor, IA Ambassador, O5 and Ethics Assistants x2.
I believe this demonstrates my serious roleplay experience.
-
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
1-3 weekday
3-4+ weekend
This will change week to week due to my work and study schedules
-
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
I want to be a gamemaster on CN to increase the tools at my disposal to create roleplay. Since returning to the community, I have focused on roles where I can create operations and projects, which led me to OPCOM for DEA, and now to the O5 Council.
As a Council member I have substantial freedoms to create roleplay for the entire site, however I believe with the tools that GMs are given, I could a) speed up the implementation of projects (as I wouldnt have to find a existing GM to set up / match time tables with to run it) and b) deliver more interesting roleplay scenarios and projects.

Putting big projects and operations aside, fundamentally I like to think of myself as a pretty creative person, and I also really enjoy creating small scenarios for players to enjoy. As a GM I intend to increase the amount of "visiting" anomalies on surface and pinewood events to foster more surface roleplay, and passive situations for the various factions to interact with.
-
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I believe that I will be able to assist on the server due to my substantial experience in serious /roleplay/creation, and my familiarity with the community and what they enjoy as I've been here for a hell of a long time now.

I also believe that I will be able to help the community by using the tools available to me as a GM to improve my roleplay projects on my existing role as O5-4.
Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
- The Pinewood Anarchist - Last month, a extreme anti-government figure, known as Slobodan Djokovic arrived in Pinewood after being expelled from his home country and being granted asylum in Canada. Since then, he has caused nothing but trouble for the local Rangers department raising mass support from the local residents to his cause, and has learnt of a secretive government installation nearby. Gathering his supporters, a crowd has gathered outside the entrance and began to protest...
Foundation Briefing: "MTF Group Nu-7 "Hammer Down", Agents of External Affairs are to be dispatched to disperse this band of ruffians, we cannot allow this situation to get out of hand..."
(( This event is aimed at surface rp, and would evolve depending on the route site administration decide to take; detention, dispersal or death. If SA opt for the latter, the ungoc may challenge the ethicality of the action and attempt to take action themselves. It also promotes Citizen roleplay, and its success depends on people flagging on civi roles to "be apart of the mob")

- The Curious Councilmember - As usual... the councils antics have endangered the world as we know it. Last week a report landed on the desk of an Overseer Assistant marked "URGENT - IMMEDIATE ESCALATION REQ" titled: "A new weapon." It seems that knowledge of SCP-2439 ( ) was leaked outside of "Pandora Force", and some clever researcher thought the O5 would want to know about an infectious SCP that could pose useful to the O5. and of course, the Council member couldn't resist.
((
This event will provide a 'mystery' for O1/A1 to solve, as the entirety of Site Command become incapacitated and start issuing illogical and weird commands- Loyalties will be challenged, and questions will be raised. Will the ISDs follow their Commanders, or their Council/Committee, even if the latter seems to be... off.))

* radio chatter*
"SITE DIRECTOR- *STATIC* WE HEARD YOU HAVE A LITTLE INFORMATION PROBLEM. DO NOT WORRY. STANDBY- MTF IOT-*STATIC*1 IS INBOUND. ETA*HELICOPTER ROTOR DEAFENS* . DO NOT *RADIO CHATTER* I REPEAT TO DO *TRANSMISSION CUTS OUT*

- The Lake Temple - Seemingly overnight, a church has appeared ontop of the Frozen over Pinewood lake. Its about the size of ... three? pinewood residences. And is largely empty with the exception of a single hooded figure who is sitting inside, and a weird emblem. It's GOTTA be anomalous... right?

Alright. Thats enough. It's been 2 days and the entirety of pinewood is now preaching about "the secrets of the lake". Field Agents didn't think much of it until they started talking about the "final reveal" that would "force all sides to bow."

Now its time to contain it. Round up all the civvies. And lets hope the UNGOC don't bat an eyelid.
(Involving Civis, UNGOC, DEA/E11/Research)

[Edit] There will be one GM who will play the role of the initial 'monk' character.
The monk will hold a sermon inviting all residents of pinewood to attend, and post sermon, players (yes that means anyone) will be encouraged to follow the ways of the temple and chant. This will of course attract the attention of the DEA and will lead to an investigation into the anonomoly.

Please List a Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)
The Gold Rush.
When the partnership of MC&D send out a global decree to all organisations behind the veil yesterday consisting of a very simple message:
HELP. Assist us and all that is ours, will be yours. 65.04530203369531, -115.20225026366883

They began a global manhunt and a race against the clock.

The Foundation, the Chaos Insurgency, the UNGOC, Parawatch and even the UIU were much too curious to give up this chance.

((OOC: This event will include all factions. GMs would play the UIU and the MC&D. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326332456))

The announcement is posted.
Parawatch gather their camera equipment.
The O5 Council summons the command teams of Nu7, E11, A1, O1 and DEA to floor 3.
The Nexus alerts Pinewood FOB, as the closest FOB to the given location, they will be the first response team.

CI Cell Commander Marauder receives a phone call.

Briefing is given. All factions get ready to move out.
The Arrival.
The UNGOC arrive by transport, landing on the main road.
The Foundation arrive by helicopters, landing by the Church.
Parawatch turns up by fishing trawler at the docks, shortly followed by the CI.

[edited] With the rough area of the distress call located, all factions will be required to set up encampments, and their command teams will organise patrol sweeps across the map. This will undoubtedly result in conflict between the various rival factions.

UNGOC/CI/Foundation MTF/Combatives will be formed into a patrol groups to conduct said sweeps
Site Staff/Medical/Research will be responsible for the creation and manning of the main faction encampment as well as FOB

GMs will perma prop clues assertaining to the mystery of what happened to the MC&D and their current location.
(Examples include: A derailed train, with a 1st class car converted to fit the flag and colour of the MC&D. They will find the tracks were destroyed by controlled explosion.
A Votnik abandoned by the roadside

Within the town, whoever locates him first will come across a rather frightening salesman who has been left to bleed out. Medical teams will need to try and keep them alive to extract important information, and once they have- how will they extract said info?
The event will reach its peak when a faction finds out the location of the captured MC&D ( which will be in the hill castle on the Fork map). IT will however be barricaded, and they will need to conduct a series of hacks and controlled explosions to break through the various barricades/lockdowned systems.

In this time the other groups will catch up.

Once the groups have flooded in, it will become clear that the distress call was a Chaos Insurgency ploy, and an attempt to wipe out the Foundation and the UNGOC in a single swoop.

List an example mission for each of the following:
O-1:
A disgruntled Ethics Assistant, who was refused elevation to the Committee, has decided to take it upon himself to download evidence of all the 'coverups' the ethics committee have done to hide O1s ... shall we say malpractice, and barricaded himself in the Site Directors Office.

to make matters worse, RAISA have just contacted the Site Director, and they are here for the annual information security review...
A-1:
MTF A1 are usually informed of a O5 Council members arrival.
But not today.

The 4 council members that are routinely stationed at 65 are away for a meeting, and seemingly, an individual referring to himself as "O5-7 'The Inspector'" has called ahead to Site Administration, telling them to expect his imminent arrival.

Who is the Inspector, and what will A-1 do when he demands to see all of the O5s personal files.
Nu-7:
'Journalists' of parawatch have always seemed a... little too eager. But this one seems to take the biscuit.
A 60 year old, who claims his son (also a parawatch 'journalist') was taken by the "men in black" and if he doesn't see his child again, he will unleash SCP-096 for all the world to see.

Normally this would be an easy fix. But between the Parawatches 6 million twitter followers, the deadmans switch that will post a mugshot of 096s face to all of them... and the fact that DEA have already killed the journalists kid, leaves Nu-7 in a bit of a predicament.

All I can say is, good luck commander.

PS: I expect it to be solved, or it'll be your head, Zohar.
E-11:
Members of E-11 proudly proclaim that the Heavy Containment Zone is the most secure point of site and that nothing could break past their grasp. However...

Senior Researchers have reported to see a "little boy" running the corridors of the Containment zone, and when acknoleged or spoken to, disappears.

E-11 are instructed to work with the RSD to... contain the child?
CI:
What would you do if an assistant of the highest office of your sworn enemy appeared at your front gate?
It almost appears too easy...
and why do they want to speak to the Cell Commander?

The CI must ascertain if the Assistant is legitimate or a Foundation ploy. Do they open the letter that has been marked as "FOR CELL COMMANDERS EYES ONLY"
Or do they assume it is a trick
All while keeping absolute information security. Who knows what the Foundation would do if they found out.
UNGOC:
SCP-343 has manifested itself within Pinewood, and it appears to be... having lunch with civilians.
The UNGOC has arrived on scene first and has placed them into custody.

Now poses the ethical dilemma. Do they neutralise... god?
Foundation Staff:
Site Administration has sent Site Director on a fact finder to another site. He is due to return today, and it just so happens to be his birthday.
Unfortunately, with the Site Director gone, they forgot to pay the electricity bill. The Site Managers have now paid it, however the turbines will each need to be manually started up. The Tech Experts are in a race against the clock.

With the power out, all the food has spoilt. To combat this, Site Command has bought in Chef Mr. Bakewell- an anomalous humanoid who is capable of producing food at a rapid rate, as long as he himself is kept maintained.

The Chefs must cook. The Tech Experts must fix. All before the SD returns.

He's back early. The Helicopter lands in the compound carrying the SD, now it is up to members of Site Administration to delay his entry into site.

[EDIT]
The goal for this event will be to create a rather light hearted scenario which creates passive roleplay across site, accumulating in a 'party for the SD'.
One GM will be purely focused on providing the Tech Experts with roleplay in fixing the turbines,

Another GM will play the role of Chef Mr Bakewell, who will be directing the chefs to create certain foods for the banquet, running a "gordan ramsey type" high stakes kitchen.

Will the SD get the party he deserves?

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Support

• A model applicant with no apparent issues.

Last edited:

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
+Support

My Concerns have been sufficiently adressed, I believe Elias would make for a competent addition to the GM team, any remaining concerns would be dealt with during his trial period.

-Support

Hello Elias, while i appreciate you taking the time to apply for Game Master, your application does not provide me with the needed confidence for me to be able to support it.

Ill begin by going over Individual events and giving my thoughts on them.

I personally do not belive there is much roleplay potential within "Civilian Rebellion" as of current, considering the state of surface RP, Depending on execution, the issue could be twofold

A. You intend to staff the protesting civilians with GMs and Staff
You would require a large quantity of people to run a rather simple event, your numbers for the protesting masses would max out at around 10 at most, and that is very optimistic already. This small group would be shot by Nu7/DEA and the event would be concluded. (alternatively, the civs keep respawning and the event slowly loses focus, petering out with increasing civilian murder)

B. You intend to let anyone on the Civilian job decide to join the protest
Players would jump at the notion of a "Free MRDM license" against F/UN, even if this were intended as a peaceful protest, within short order a large quantity of Dclass would swap jobs from DClass to Civilian, weapons would be handed out on mass, The Factions then begin being fired on by the Civilians, they return fire, the civilians ask for "Green men" to get involved, and now we just have surface combat except Civs get to shoot too.

The idea of having a Violent political extremist the Foundation needs to pacify creatively is very compelling, but i currently cannot see a viable way to Execute it, if you had intended to run this event differently than how i suggested you might, please do feel free to elaborate.

My issue with this event is primarilly three things:
1. The Overseer Council does not want to kill the Ethics Committee, just as much as the Ethics Committee does not want to kill the Overseer Council. They are not in a perpetual state of warfare over power in the Foundation. They might deeply resent the other, but they ultimatly are on the same side.

There is one main issue with an Overseer killing the entire ethics committee: There would simply be a new one.
"Good Job, you have killed the entire Ethics committee, now a new one has been formed in Secret on a Black Site and you have been marked for death even by your fellow Overseers, to avoid sharing in your fate."

The Foundation is a highly beurocratic entity, the formation of the Ethics Committee is one of the things enshrined into it that the Overseers have no control over, they might seek to subvert individual members, or keep their projects beneath the notice of them, or to simply operate outside of their legislative power, where even IF they knew what they were doing, the powers the Foundation grants them would not apply.

You can refer to the Wiki "Ethics Committee" Tag to find many interesting Skips and Tales with this exact concept, A personal reccomendation would be SCP-5236.
As far as we are concerned, "There must always be an Ethics Committee." just as there must always be an Overseer Council, the Ethics Committee can, in times of Great need, "disband" it or replace individual councilmembers, but it cannot stop the Formation of a new Council, nor would it choose to.

I realize now that this is only tangentially relevant, but its still good to establish.

2. You dont actually describe what would happen in the event and how you would make this idea entertaining.

3. Thats not how the SCP works
Now, i dont think sticking to the wiki 24/7 is good in the slightest, however the spirit of the SCP should be mostly the same, This event converts it from "Cognitohazard that takes over your mind over the course of months where the only known cure is death" to "High rank people instantly mindcontrolled"

Thing is, there IS an Anomaly that more closely matches what you were going for, The Brick of Cocaine! (Cop Magnet)
This event is too Vaguely defined, With the current information i have, I can only assume this to be a Civilian Cult event, for which i will refer back to my notes on "The Pinewood Anarchist"
TL;DR: 5% of Civilians roleplay, the 95% that dont will drown them out completely preventing them from contributing.

Im very glad to see that this Map Change is actually a Map Change, with a linked high quality map too!
Now, aside from that, you do not go into much of ANY detail what would be happening, and "drawing it out" over 3 days is not really feasible, though the intention with any Map changes that were planned was always to have some events teasing it, leading up to it, and winding down from it before and after respectively.

Mainly, please describe what would actually be done by the players during the event.

I do not belive this idea would be particularilly interesting for the players as it is presented right now.

I would reccomend you read the Parawatch GOI page, as i dont fully believe this to be in the spirit of the GOI.
Here is the link.
No.

Okay, more indepth answer: Administrator and Administrator Related events are kept very rare and to a very high roleplay standard, they are not ran "just cause". When they ARE ran we try to keep their Actions as sensible and consistent as possible, to set a good example and to encourage people to really care what is done during them.

We also keep information regarding them as secretive as possible, as we belive people knowing IC "THE ADMINISTRATOR EXIIIISTS" would lead to a significant degradation of roleplay. If youve seen anyone mention the Scarlet king, im sure youll agree.
Giving the Average CI Conscript the ability to "/oc THE ADMINISTRATOOOR IS REAAAAAL" is bad, to the degree it would be causing SIGNIFICANT issues months down the Road.

This is incredibly out of left field and blatant, for an office that is incredibly subtle and consistent in its actions and motivations respectively.

Lastly, this is barely an event. If you DO have an interesting idea for why this would be happening, You CANNOT simply leave it unwritten, we can only judge applications based on what you write, what you have effectively done is written "ADMINISTRATOR EVENT" without any elaboration, relying on the """"Importance"""" of the Name alone to carry this idea.
I advise against putting events specifically targetted at or dedicated to a person into your application.
Also, The execution itself is left rather unclear again.

Lastly, a general point:
You leave large parts of your events very open in this application, which often prevents me from being able to count them in your favour, we can only judge based on what you write, not on what "you might be thinking of and we just have to assume"

The Above mentioned issues prevent me from being able to confidently support your application.
Best of Luck.

Last edited:

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
Elias has been exceptional in all roles he has adopted on the server. I have full faith in his ability to succeed as a Game Master and bring a fresh set of ideas to the event team. Good luck!

elad

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 27, 2022
Hi Jeremy. Thanks for your response, I appreciate the feedback from an experienced GM such as yourself. I'm unfortunately on LOA now so will not have the time to rework the application, however I have added some context with (EDITED) tags throughout it, and I will respond to your individual points here in an attempt to clarify.

I'm actually going to reply to your last point.... First because- it's completely valid
" You leave large parts of your events very open in this application, which often prevents me from being able to count them in your favour, we can only judge based on what you write, not on what "you might be thinking of and we just have to assume"

I have (apparently incorrectly) taken the question of "event ideas" a little too litterally, and focused on the brief rather than the logistics of the event and as a result have not gone into enough detail. Below I will add a completely OOC Gm "brief" to each event to supplement the lack of it in application above.

-Support

I personally do not belive there is much roleplay potential within "Civilian Rebellion" as of current, considering the state of surface RP, Depending on execution, the issue could be twofold

A. You intend to staff the protesting civilians with GMs and Staff
You would require a large quantity of people to run a rather simple event, your numbers for the protesting masses would max out at around 10 at most, and that is very optimistic already. This small group would be shot by Nu7/DEA and the event would be concluded. (alternatively, the civs keep respawning and the event slowly loses focus, petering out with increasing civilian murder)

B. You intend to let anyone on the Civilian job decide to join the protest
Players would jump at the notion of a "Free MRDM license" against F/UN, even if this were intended as a peaceful protest, within short order a large quantity of Dclass would swap jobs from DClass to Civilian, weapons would be handed out on mass, The Factions then begin being fired on by the Civilians, they return fire, the civilians ask for "Green men" to get involved, and now we just have surface combat except Civs get to shoot too.

The idea of having a Violent political extremist the Foundation needs to pacify creatively is very compelling, but i currently cannot see a viable way to Execute it, if you had intended to run this event differently than how i suggested you might, please do feel free to elaborate.
My intention with this event was the following:
- To create an initial event to Foster surface roleplay that would involve any surface Factions to get involved if they so wish. Out of the two options it would have to be "B".

However this is where we differ on the views of the player base. I have confidence in our players and do not believe the average player would see this as a "mrdm license".
Secondly, the event would be guided by the main ic character leading the protest, as well as another guiding the "group" through pre planned /its to steer the protest, while still allowing for a certain amount of freedom for the players to impact it.
Thirdly, any mass rdmers will be dealt with by staff. I believe GMs are briefed to work with staff to prevent such interruptions to events and thr server rules are in place to prevent this.

The way I see it going:
Character arrives in Pinewood and conducts a rally. Civvies flag on. They conduct a march throughout Pinewood towards the military base /unfob. In this time DEA have inserted disguised agents into the protest.
Nu7/UN come out in force telling citizens to disperse. GMs hand out bug bait to players. They are kept non aggressive through /it's.
Riot units are bought out to prevent them blocking the gate and to arrest bug batters.
UNGOC and rangers are observing, preventing foundation from taking hostile action.
ungoc/mayor/dea facilitate "negotiations" or "talks" with slobodan.
Slobodan after some encouragement agrees to talks with the mayor.
He is amnesticated /held by the rangers and makes a public statement saying he regrets his actions.

This creates a passive and fun event which uses an under utilised item (riot shield) and gives a variety to nu7/dea/surface rp.
Getting arrested in a peaceful protest is not a valid reason to start shooting at the military, and is against the rules.

My issue with this event is primarilly three things:
1. The Overseer Council does not want to kill the Ethics Committee, just as much as the Ethics Committee does not want to kill the Overseer Council. They are not in a perpetual state of warfare over power in the Foundation. They might deeply resent the other, but they ultimatly are on the same side.

There is one main issue with an Overseer killing the entire ethics committee: There would simply be a new one.
"Good Job, you have killed the entire Ethics committee, now a new one has been formed in Secret on a Black Site and you have been marked for death even by your fellow Overseers, to avoid sharing in your fate."

The Foundation is a highly beurocratic entity, the formation of the Ethics Committee is one of the things enshrined into it that the Overseers have no control over, they might seek to subvert individual members, or keep their projects beneath the notice of them, or to simply operate outside of their legislative power, where even IF they knew what they were doing, the powers the Foundation grants them would not apply.

You can refer to the Wiki "Ethics Committee" Tag to find many interesting Skips and Tales with this exact concept, A personal reccomendation would be SCP-5236.
As far as we are concerned, "There must always be an Ethics Committee." just as there must always be an Overseer Council, the Ethics Committee can, in times of Great need, "disband" it or replace individual councilmembers, but it cannot stop the Formation of a new Council, nor would it choose to.

I realize now that this is only tangentially relevant, but its still good to establish.

2. You dont actually describe what would happen in the event and how you would make this idea entertaining.

3. Thats not how the SCP works
Now, i dont think sticking to the wiki 24/7 is good in the slightest, however the spirit of the SCP should be mostly the same, This event converts it from "Cognitohazard that takes over your mind over the course of months where the only known cure is death" to "High rank people instantly mindcontrolled"

Thing is, there IS an Anomaly that more closely matches what you were going for, The Brick of Cocaine! (Cop Magnet)
I think I havent been clear / specific enough. The event is called the "curious Council member". I'm well aware that the o5 don't want to get rid of the Ethics Committee. But after he receives the report, he is CURIOUS as to what it could be, so he reads the report, with no intention to use it. However as it is a cognitohazard, the event begins.

2. In this event:
The council would slowly get incapacitated, and they would call all of alpha 1 onto floor 3, and all the officers into a meeting. They would then get infected.
The o5 would then summon the committee to a sudden emergency meeting to brief them on a critical situation and in turn infecting them.
They are then adamant that the non infected ISD do not participate in these conversations.

SC would then proceed to issue orders which seem illogical or against their usual mission. Which raises suspicions amongst the isd ranks.
A o1 officer (pre briefed) will then decide thst the sc is incapacitated and refuse an order.
It will divide isd between carrying out their p1s missions, or questioning them and standing on the side of logic

It will then turn into an investigation into what has happened to SC, and the finale of the event is determined by what the players choose to do.

The event is to Foster cooperation between the non infected ISDs, and create a passive investigation rp.
A similar event was carried out around 2 years ago where the devil made a deal with an o5 member and then site command was similarly incapacitated. It was very fun and recieved high praise from all involved, this is a synonymous event to that.

3. I understand the SCP may not be exactly what I reference in the event plan. If I gain the role I will make sure to do sufficient background checks into any scp I intend to use or create an Anomaly from scratch if I can't find what I need rather than reaching.

This event is too Vaguely defined, With the current information i have, I can only assume this to be a Civilian Cult event, for which i will refer back to my notes on "The Pinewood Anarchist"
TL;DR: 5% of Civilians roleplay, the 95% that dont will drown them out completely preventing them from contributing.
My idea foe this event is:
That there is one gm who plays the role of the preacher.
Citizens are invited to a "service/sermon" delivered by the preacher, and from now on are controlled by another gm through /its.
dimilarly to the Anarchist event, it will Foster the opportunity for dea and ungoc to investigate the Anomaly and attempt to identify / fdetermine whether it is a threat.

The intention is to create a unique surface experience to be investigated / documented by dea/rsd, and involve as many players as possible as" as citizens. Which many players seem to enjoy.
This view derives from when I have played as the Mayor, and rallied citizens around a cause, many turn up and do exactly as they are told, and enjoy participating in the rally/march/service.

I strongly believe GMs should focus a lot more on creating unique surface rp scenarios for rsd /ungoc to capture and investigate- as the current research cycle is rsther stale. If GMs focused on these kind of surface events then surface rp would flourish and revive more creative research rather than just sampling the same scps or trying to passive 049 for the millionth time.

Im very glad to see that this Map Change is actually a Map Change, with a linked high quality map too!
Now, aside from that, you do not go into much of ANY detail what would be happening, and "drawing it out" over 3 days is not really feasible, though the intention with any Map changes that were planned was always to have some events teasing it, leading up to it, and winding down from it before and after respectively.

Mainly, please describe what would actually be done by the players during the event.

I do not belive this idea would be particularilly interesting for the players as it is presented right now.
I agree 3 days was perhaps a bit of a stretch (probably habit after doing week long swrp Map Change deployments..)

The idea for this event is:
Involve as many players as possible and allow them to rp on their roles and established characters on a deployment to an area that would very well take place in universe.
I will be going off swrp examples which I have conducted in the past thst have been successful and enjoyed by many to prove this ideas concept.

A large deployment is planned, and the entire site is called in for a briefing in lecture hall by the site administration.
Site Staff are needed to man FOBs acting as field engineers/ logistics to move equipment, prepare food for the troopers and repair vehicles.
- as a swrp gm, there was a huge interest in this, with people actively engaging with roleplay commands to fix tanks, construct fobs. With the current push for a more organised ET&S department, and many players interested in such, I believe this would be right up many players ally.
- site staff (modelled as logistics operatives) would double as ammunition/ equipment carriers and would transport ammunition resupply entities to the front, or ammumpnying patrols providing support.

Medical staff would:
- set up a field hospital to treat seriously injured troops from skirmishes
- combat medics would go out with patrols to treat injured combatants and transport thr seriously injured back to the field hospital.

SA would set up a field command post and direct all patrols from there.

Nu7, E11 and GENSEC (temporarily assigned into a specialised task force)would be conducting patrols in an attempt to find the clues left by GMs to ascertain the location of the Mc&d, and in turn skirmish other groups.

Isd and dea would have a seperate mission, as instructed by sa- to gather information on the gois in the area, make a list of which groups were also deployed and attempt to covertly infiltrate their operations to steal their intelligence.

Other Factions equivalent units would do similar/ the same job.

This is of course a rather big event and would require all command staff to be briefed previously, however with map changes this is how any map change would need to be.

You may believe this would not be entertaining however, I have held many asimilar event on serious rp swrp and they have had largely positive reviews. I believe it would be entertaining.

I would reccomend you read the Parawatch GOI page, as i dont fully believe this to be in the spirit of the GOI.
Here is the link.
A disgruntled old man who is in shock and mourning the loss of his son may well deviate from his gois regular programming and act irrationally.

No.

Okay, more indepth answer: Administrator and Administrator Related events are kept very rare and to a very high roleplay standard, they are not ran "just cause". When they ARE ran we try to keep their Actions as sensible and consistent as possible, to set a good example and to encourage people to really care what is done during them.

We also keep information regarding them as secretive as possible, as we belive people knowing IC "THE ADMINISTRATOR EXIIIISTS" would lead to a significant degradation of roleplay. If youve seen anyone mention the Scarlet king, im sure youll agree.
Giving the Average CI Conscript the ability to "/oc THE ADMINISTRATOOOR IS REAAAAAL" is bad, to the degree it would be causing SIGNIFICANT issues months down the Road.

This is incredibly out of left field and blatant, for an office that is incredibly subtle and consistent in its actions and motivations respectively.

Lastly, this is barely an event. If you DO have an interesting idea for why this would be happening, You CANNOT simply leave it unwritten, we can only judge applications based on what you write, what you have effectively done is written "ADMINISTRATOR EVENT" without any elaboration, relying on the """"Importance"""" of the Name alone to carry this idea.

This is another case of, I probably should have added more context... and I agree with all your points completely. I had the idea, developed the idea in my head. But didn't write the details down.

My plan with this mission is for it to not actually be from the administrator but rather a ISD/DEA ploy in an attempt to infected the CI Commander with an infohazard.

I will detail this more later however my phone is on 9% and I-8% now and I do not trust the forums draft system.... so I'll edit this post with more info this evening when I get off work

I advise against putting events specifically targetted at or dedicated to a person into your application.
Also, The execution itself is left rather unclear again.

I have change it to the unspecific "site Directors birthday ".

Again, as above I'll add more info to this later.

Thank you for your comments again, I agree with you on the vast majority of the points and hope thst I have/will clear most of em up

Dennid

Jul 30, 2023
+support
Cooks
He’s O5 we know Elias is good at RP
Good luck daddy-o

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
smells
+Support
UNGOC:
SCP-343 has manifested itself within Pinewood, and it appears to be... having lunch with civilians.
The UNGOC has arrived on scene first and has placed them into custody.

Now poses the ethical dilemma. Do they neutralise... god?
this happened one time
the UNGOC bombed god

do it again

TheKupKake

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 13, 2023
+/- Neutral

i like the event ideas, but it would be nice if you gave a little section on what you would do as a GM

aka Event 1: is x,y,z and as a GM id do a,b,c to make the event possible

i know you can cook, and your RP ideas are amazing. But this is a test to see if you know (roughly) what you should do as a GM :)

Sean Hanson

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Oct 15, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi @elad

Thanks for taking the time to make a gamemaster application.
After a discussion, we have decided to accept your application, congratulations.

Please contact an Event Team Supervisor to continue with an interview.​

Status
Not open for further replies.