Unban / lower ban time appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrone

Jun 6, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa
Your in-game name: Tyrone Tiggle
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:525691612
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199011648952/
Date of ban: 6/6/2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM
Who banned you: Ramuh
Ban length?: 2 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will have the assistance of the moderators to keep me in check in the future, I understand I came off as rude when I was talking to cloak, and I apologize, but with the help of the mods, and more playtime with the community I feel that I can keep myself in check, as I will have time to learn and develop alongside other new players. I do understand that this was my first major offence, and I do understand what Ive done wrong. I know
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? I have been warned once for RDM, as I stabbed a D class with a knife. At the time as I had only been on the server for 15 minutes I thought that Dclass were life sentence inmates and that RDM would be allowed among the D class.
Why should you be unbanned: I wish to develop alongside the server and its server members, I understand if I can not get unbanned but Instead would like to have my ban time shortened as it was not only my first ban, but my realization that shooting people even if they consent will still be considered RDM, as it violates, or breaks the rules of roleplaying, and can potentially ruin the roleplay environment for the surrounding players.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I can ensure I wont break another major rule, with the help of the mods to keep me in check. With the mods and more time to develop in the server I feel that I can come to a true understand of the rules and truly bring out the nature of roleplaying, and enjoy it with others. I acknowledge the servers rules, and I wont break them again.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I wish to rejoin the server, as I feel a connection to the server, and its members. The roleplay was fun, and I sincerely regret ruining the environment for the other players. I had many good memories with the players I met in the short time I was in the server. I remember when I first got to breach as SCP-457 and how bad it went, as I got stuck and shot, but I sent a clip to an admin, and he let me breach again. Good memories like that is why I wish to rejoin the community, and why I also regret my actions towards the community. I also wish for a chance at redemption towards the affected player or players.

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023

Response

Hello Tyrone, I'm the Moderator that banned you. The reason for your ban was because you had 11 kills, all of which were on your fellow CI Conscripts. Shooting people for no valid RP reason, regardless of whether or not they consent is considered RDM, which is why you & one(maybe two) other Conscripts received a ban for your actions.

You & your friend(s) were in the CI recruit room, killing each other(With guns you dropped), hacking equipment(Dispensers), and just being a general nuisance. This was reported to myself & Mercer by a member of the Chaos Insurgency, which is why I pulled you to a sit & explained the situation to you.

That is all I have to say about this, I don't believe the ban should be shortened as you & your friend did not seem interested in seriously playing the server, however that decision will be up to SL.

Tyrone

Jun 6, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa

Response

Hello Tyrone, I'm the Moderator that banned you. The reason for your ban was because you had 11 kills, all of which were on your fellow CI Conscripts. Shooting people for no valid RP reason, regardless of whether or not they consent is considered RDM, which is why you & one(maybe two) other Conscripts received a ban for your actions.

You & your friend(s) were in the CI recruit room, killing each other(With guns you dropped), hacking equipment(Dispensers), and just being a general nuisance. This was reported to myself & Mercer by a member of the Chaos Insurgency, which is why I pulled you to a sit & explained the situation to you.

That is all I have to say about this, I don't believe the ban should be shortened as you & your friend did not seem interested in seriously playing the server, however that decision will be up to SL.
I understand it may seem that it was MRDM, but over half of those kills were in self defense, as the other player was spawn killing me and glazing. We did get confronted by another staff member, and did stop when he had asked us to. I saw it has harmless fun inflicted by a group of immature people, but I do understand that it could be seen from other points of view. I would like to mention that around 7 of the kills were in self defense though, as I was being threatened by a gun as soon as I spawned. I do wish I had not defended myself against the opposing player, and instead called the staff team. Glazing was there the entire time of the conflict, and had witnessed everything. He can vouch for me, as me and him were both getting spawn killed by tyronis, tyronees, or whatever the other users name was. I personally feel I should have gotten a failrp ban instead of a MRDM ban, as a overwhelming majority of said kills were in self defense. as stated in the original appeal I do sincerely apologize to both the staff team, and anyone who may have seen the conflict. The user Tyronis, or tyronees, or whatever his name was, was the one who was continuing to kill not only me, and glazing, but everyone else who had entered the room, including the other two people whom had joined after the scuffle was ended. In the same instance, he would commonly shoot me off of the hacking devices, while I was attempting to hack the level 3's that were not attached to any doors. Around 2 of the kills out of the "11" were from me attempting to get off of the Hacking device, and defend myself. I do understand what I did wrong, but I do feel that my ban is too long for the crime.

Last edited:

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @Tyrone Tiggle,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

While I understand that you may be new to the server, none of the kills were in "self defense." For most of the kills, you initiated the combat. Randomly killing people without an RP reason is considered RDM, and for the amount of kills you've built up is considered at a mass scale. You've changed reasons as to why you killed them from your original ticket to your appeal, which both aren't an excuse for the random killing.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.