Your in-game name: Marcus Spectre
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:21142401
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/nobinnaga/
Date of ban: 04/29/2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Fail RP
Who banned you: Agent Lucas Daniels
Ban length?: 3 DAYS
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Do not shoot IA that are moderators in the face.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes
Why should you be unbanned: I don't feel like this Fail RP I received was fair. I feel like admins, and moderators especially, throw around the "Fail RP' reason around A LOT. I was 1 day away from having my Fail RP warnings reset for the month, but this was my 5th warning after receiving multiple other warnings for minor stupid things like equipping a riot shield as 049 or selling pistols hidden in pies as a chef. I understand that this is a serious roleplay server, but it's hard to take the game seriously sometimes, and I feel like moderators try and go out of their way to ruin other people's fun if they don't feel like they're getting the RP situations they want. Anything other than what they want is considered Fail RP in their books and this seems really unfair. I was being falsely arrested by IA for "killing 2 D class" when I killed one in the crossfire, and the other one I got framed for the killing. The Agent, in this case, tried to jail me for murder charges without giving a warning even though there was a riot going on prior and things were tense. Despite hearing me out and me following along with his RP, allowing myself to be cuffed and asked questions, he warned me for "Fail RP" because I broke out of my cuffs and shot him to erase any evidence of these charges against me. Shortly after doing so I got pulled into an admin sit and warned Fail RP for killing him, even though he tried combat cuffing me. And also warned for Job Abuse, which I will take since I switched jobs when I was locked in IA after killing the agent. I will take the warning for Job Abuse but I don't see how the Fail RP is fair since I was only defending myself and trying to escape the situation. Killing the IA officer was my only choice, and I just took the opportunity to escape instead of facing penalties for a crime I hadn't even committed. I feel as though this is a harsh punishment since I have been playing a lot more seriously after getting 4 strikes for less serious RP situations where I was just trying to have fun. This instance felt very unfair and extremely biased. I was power gamed into a situation that I had no way to escape out of except for shooting when I had guns, he hadn't stripped my comms or weapons so I don't even see how it's Fail RP. I just feel like this was a case of admin abuse to get the RP results he wanted.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will play much more seriously, I've learned my lesson about why it's not worth doing a little Fail RP for the sake of fun because your warnings do add up, but I was just hoping this could be appealed since I was 1 day away from having my Fail RPs reset, and given a 3 day warning for this incident when I don't even feel like it was Fail RP to begin with.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I nearly level 100, and have donated $50+ to the server (Thaumiel VIP) I am not trolling and I was just trying to not get jailed for something I didn't do. I just wanted to be able to play on the server like everyone else, but moderators can power trip a lot and attempt to force RP to go their way. I don't feel like this ban was fair since I don't feel like what I did was Fail RP, my weapons weren't stripped, and I hope I can be appealed of my 3 day ban so I can play again this weekend.

Heres my POV footage.

Hoxton

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 2, 2022
- You were not falsely arrested, I told you multiple times (in the sit and once IC) that I'm arresting you over something that occurred a few minutes before you were arrested, I didn't arrest you right away because there was an ongoing situation, as shown in YOUR video

-Also notice how you cut your clip so starts RIGHT AFTER the situation where you broke IN CHARACTER rules / COE
https://streamable.com/0rew8d - evidence of you breaking COE
( this clip ends right before your starts)

- Killing IA agents, fellow foundation personnel is FailRP and I believe I explained to you multiple times why It's FailRP and you don't seem to understand so I will try explaining once again with an example
Imagine being in the military and you did something and the military police is arresting you and you kill them, It makes no sense in RP, which makes it FailRP

- Breaking cuffs and running away from IA is not FailRP, shooting them is, I told you this in the sit multiple times

- I was not combat cuffing, I was breaking you out trying to cuff you with different cuffs (I cannot arrest you if you're cuffed with the rope restrains) I was breaking you out as you were breaking out yourself and I had no idea that you had the intention of shooting me

- I personally don't think you should be unbanned, your ban should be extended if anything because of your numerous warnings and your attitude towards me during the sit

@Tsharp

Nobiwan

Feb 5, 2022
United States
"Breaking cuffs and running away from IA is not FailRP, shooting them is"
Yeah only when the IA is a moderator who can abuse his power to make you roleplay situations the best way he sees fit, you know you were just salty about getting killed before arresting me, you just don't want to admit that and would rather play this out like I broke RP or something rather than taking the L. If it was REALLY "Fail RP" I would've just shot you right when you asked me to come with you. I even said in my post earlier, I'll take the L on the Job Abuse because as mentioned in my post I did switch jobs to get out of IA Interrogations since I had no way out. But you need to accept the fact that you can't handle admitting your mistake of not cuffing me, and can't take the death. You'd rather try to spin the story like it's "Fail RP" when I was roleplaying with you throughout the whole interaction, starting with when you asked me to come with you and cuffing me without permission and telling me I'm being detained for something I didn't do and forcing me to just listen to what you had to say without my side of the story. If you arrested me in a proper manner, and actually cuffed me, or gave me a chance to explain my side of the story, I wouldn't have felt it necessary to shoot you in the face. But as it stands, I don't see how what I did is "Fail RP" since it's within the parameters of the rules and what's considered "roleplay" and you're just trying to spin the rules to punish someone you failed to detain. Stay mad, you can try to justify it as much as you want but at the end of the day, you know your ban was just a way to cope with the L. You don't deserve to be a moderator.

Last edited:

Tsharp

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 10, 2021
Northern Ireland
Appeal Denied

Hi @Nobiwan ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

From the evidence you have provided to us and the response provided by @Hoxton we have come to the conclusion that your ban appeal to be denied. This is due to the fact that rule 2.3 states you must be loyal to your team. Which tells us that you cannot in any circumstance kill your fellow teammates unless a valid RP reason states this rule to be voided (such as brainwash), which you did not have. Due to this we have come to the conclusion stated above.

Please read over the SCP-RP Rules to ensure that this does not happen again as your punishment will be more severe if this happen in the again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Teo Tsharp​

Status
Not open for further replies.