[US] Damon "Gypsy"'s Ethics Committee Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon "Gypsy" M.

May 26, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:86870749
Discord name: Ethics Assistant Damo "Gypsy" M.
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 600 Hours +
In what country are you located?: New Zealand
Time zone: NZST
Character name(s): Damon "Gypsy" M
Civilian name: Damo "Gremlin"
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Current:

- Ethics Committee Assistant
Previous:
- CI-Delcom
-MTF Nu-7 Lt
- MTF O-1 Lt
-Intelligence Ambassador
-Ethics Committee Member
-Ethics Committee Deputy Director

Previous Ethics Application:

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have had no warnings kicks or bans to date.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
- General Committee Member because I have a wide scope of experience over many roles and am very quick to adapting to any scenario. I would love to work alongside IA, Intelligence or Nu-7 as they have very unique and important roles in the facility and my strongest skills are in interpersonal relations which are key to the three listed departments.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
- I cannot say that I am the best candidate with all certainty and humility as there will always be others after me that will do a role more justice or may serve as a better fit. However I feel I am a very strong candidate for Ethics committee assistant due to my natural love for exploring ethical quandaries in day to day life, pared with my natural calm demeanor and well spoken nature I feel I have a lot to offer the ethics committee. My previous experience in higher level roles and drive for assisting team leads and departments in helping to improve departments also in my opinion could be of value to the role. I also have experience as a ethics assistant and have learnt a lot on how to best act and serve the facility.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
- Uphold the standards and values of the ethics committee, attending meetings and reviewing departments throughout the foundation. A common task is weighing the cost of experiments that require the use of D-Class personal. Aside from preventing unethical treatments and behaviors where possible, the ethics committee shoulders the burden of finding the least unethical solutions to problems without a clear-cut ethical answer. For instance the containment protocol for 106 specifically requiring a declass to be subject to the femur breaker. Or the fact that 682 must be kept in pain and regenerating in acid to prevent apocalyptical levels of casualties.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
- Monitor the forums for ethics assistant applications leaving constructive feedback on them and making final decisions. Ethics are in charge of upholding the standards of the department in all forms of communications, making sure that any applicants hold themselves to a high standard both in and out of rp . This also includes behavior and activity within the TeamSpeak and discord.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
- Damon ██████ was born to a poorer family in a rural town in the North island of New Zealand. at the age of 20 he left the shores of New Zealand in search of fame and fortune landing himself on the shores of █████████ America. Upon arriving his fortune sadly did not favor him and despite being intelligent and hard working, business idea after business idea failed which lead him to make a deal with a prominent gang family for a loan. Being unable to pay back the steep interest he had two options: take a fall for a crime he didn't commit or face death at the hands of ruthless mobsters. Valuing his life he opted to take the fall which landed him in death row framed for a murder he knew nothing about. It was at this point he wound up inside D-Block on 01/02/20██. Working hard to stay alive he kept his head down and avoided the usual riots, working with researchers he worked hard to survive his month for the elusive promised freedom. It was during this time he saw the duality of the foundation, on the one hand all the good they sought out to achieve and the lives they tried to save. On the other the atrocities the Gensec and Research staff committed daily in the name of the greater good. When the time came and his month was up he approached a doctor about working at the facility to try make it a better place, they accepted. Moving from department to department he rose through the ranks quickly his natural skill and strong physique landed him in the MTF group Nu-7 which he stayed loyal to eventually reaching the rank of Command Sargent before his next opportunity rose. Heading to bunks one day he ran into the director of Intelligence "The Pothead" whom offered him a role of which he exceled. Working hard to improve relations with the folks on the surface his skills at document writing and ethical procedures soon got him noticed and promoted to Ambassador. After being accepted as a general assistant to the ethics committee, Damon spent all free hours not attending to the members of the committee strolling the halls of the foundation making notes on all unethical deeds he saw to help provide solutions and proposals to the correct departments. After faithfully serving the committee through multiple directors he was eventually promoted to the deputy chair of Ethics. After a long term serving Damon left the site due to other opportunities, and has since returned to the site and would like to offer his services to the committee he had once faithfully served.

Leaf Ericson

Aug 17, 2022
-Support
-Previous Behavior

-Lack Of Activity
-Little To No Major Projects after coming back
-Lack of name
recognition

Gypsy has a long history with this server and has finally come back after a long hiatus, this hiatus was caused due to stress from his ethics position, his story is long and some what not know amongst the server members throughout his time though his performance from what i had seen at the time was worrying, it always seemed like he was the topic of controversy and trouble with many people, with his long hiatus im fairly confident he has changed and grown but his time back has been incredibly short and during that time i have not seen much activity or progress from him, that brings me to my final point Notoriety since he has been away for so long he has lost almost all respect and and name recognition a important part of being a leader in our community, in conclusion i hope that gypsy can take the time and effort to put in some work before coming back and giving this application his best shot.

tannerbanner (1).png

Sir Barry

Jul 20, 2022
- Support
- Dishonesty
-
Aggressiveness
- Lack of activity

- Lack of effort
- Lack of engagement within roleplay
- Lack of respect to his peers

During my first experience as Ethics Committee Member, Gypsy was promoted to Deputy Director. In the span of a months time, Gypsy had been netting around 4-8 hours of activity a week, and had little to no interaction with the community, as well as the Ethics Committee. I firmly believed that Gypsy had done a good job when he was active, and I even was comfortable to say I liked and respected him. Gypsy was my friend. When his activity and effort came up in conversation with my peers, I shared my frustrations with his lack of activity in a professional manner, and expressed my desire for him to be more active, as I had enjoyed working with him. At some point, Gypsy reached out to me to talk, and we had a very good discussion about our lives and hardships. During our conversation, he praised my hard work and told me that he hoped that I'd, one day, become Director. Contrary to the prior conversation, Gypsy had told our peers in the Committee how unstable and rude I was. He held an argument towards removing me for my actions completely behind my back. Through lack of communication, and overall dishonesty within the Committee, Gypsy eventually claimed that I had instigated some form of confrontation towards the entirety of the committee in an attempt to grab for power. At this time, my mental state was not perfect, and I had discussed with my fellow Committee members the issues I had been going through, as well as some social barriers I had been attempting to hurdle (difficulties expressing my thoughts and emotions clearly and professionally) related to Autism and ADD. With Gypsy having the full backing of the Committee, I was unanimously voted out, without proper investigation, due to my miscommunication and my frustrations I had towards the server, as well as my own life. The motion was justified as "For his own good". During the voting session, Gypsy berated me with some of the rudest, most unsolicited insults I had ever received. I was called a snake, retarded, a pitiless child, a piece of shit. I had brought up serious topics regarding my personal issues and I was told they didn't matter, and they shouldn't effect my life in this way. Never in my 18 years had I experienced such a personal verbal attack. The tear within the Committee was never able to properly heal after this, and distrust and anger lingered far into my second Ethics Committee experience. The interactions between me all of my peers seemed difficult after this point. No one could trust each other. I lost people I loved because of this situation. I do not claim to be without partial blame, nor do I say I am the victim. I harbor no ill will to the people who were involved in this situation. I don't wish this sort of scenario upon anyone. Regardless of how much love and respect I feel towards Gypsy, and the rest of my old friends, I would be remiss if I didn't share my story.

Archie Bambozzini

Aug 3, 2022
- Support
Inactive
Seen bad things come from him
Heard bad stories

When he was Deputy Director of the committee, he did little to none

(Yes I understand this part is a little shifty "Heard bad stories" but as Hans Landa said)

"I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing.""

Reactions: Dalton

Yobi

Jul 5, 2022
-Support
This application is copied and pasted from your old application.
Lack of Activity.

Good luck!
-Yobi

Reactions: Dalton

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Application Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply for Ethics Commitee Member. We have reviewed your application and decided not to proceed with your application at this time. Please contact me on discord for further feedback as previously discussed.

Please feel free to reapply in two weeks.

In the name of the Ethics Committee

Dr John Canoon M.D
Chairman of the Ethics Committee​

Status
Not open for further replies.