[US] Dr. Iculous Site Advisor Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2022
Canada/US
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67116206
Discord name: Exec. Researcher Red "The Six" (Maury#8922)
For how long have you played on CG SCP:
Over two weeks in playtime.
In what country are you located?: Canada
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Dr. Iculous
Civilian name: Red Iculous
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher [Application Link]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None to my current knowledge.

Why are you applying for Site Advisor?
I am applying for Site Advisor because I strive to see the Foundation and its personnel rise and evolve. I have a penchant for advisory and administrative work, and have quite a bit of experience in these from my time as an Executive Researcher.

What makes you suitable for Site Administration?:
As said previously, my time as an Executive Researcher has taught me much about how to manage Foundation personnel. Whether this be during emergency situations such as Code 1’s, 2’s and 5’s - I’ve an inkling of knowledge on how best to manage my time and resources under stressful situations that call for clear and concise instruction. What’s more, I’ve already cracked down on negligent and downright harmful behaviors from people under the Research Department umbrella, with a total of eleven (11) research-license suspensions served to personnel breaking Foundation rules and policies as noted on the Research Ban Logs.

Additional to this, I have investigative abilities that would be useful in ensuring the safety of Site-56’s personnel and its policies; as evident in this interview with a suspended Researcher which lead to the subsequent discovery of an Intelligence Agent attempting to subvert other Foundation departments:

Interview with Suspended Researcher [Footage Link]

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:
Site Administration and the Site Advisory team in particular is responsible for maintaining the health of Foundation infrastructure and efficiency. To put it analogically, think of the Foundation infrastructure as a great skyscraper; with GenSec and MTF acting like nails and rebar to keep everything still and snug; IA and Intel the doors that keep rooms closed and secure; and Site Advisors the concrete that make up the shape of the building exterior - hard and durable. As a Site Advisor, it is imperative to assist the Site Director and the higher powers that be to ensure departments are performing their duties, act as liaison between Site leadership and personnel, and assure that Foundation mandates are being followed.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Part 1: Early Life and Contemporary Career

Red Iculous is an amicable individual with a love for his work and a drive to see the Foundation progress in its three core principles: Secure, Contain, Protect. Born to a small Dutch household, his mother and father emigrated to the United States in the late 90's to pursue their careers in biochemistry and environmental physics respectively. They raised him in a small suburban villa in the state of California; homeschooling him for his first five grades, then sending him to a private school to prepare him for his future.

He grasps an understanding - albeit shoddy - that while the vast majority of anomalous entities contained within the Foundations’ custody can be and are an unequivocal threat to humanity; there may be some merit in maintaining interactions with some of the more sentient and sapient SCP’s in a manner that one would consider ‘humane’ or even personable. He has learned much through his time in the Foundation, making quite a bit of use of his doctorate in psychology and time as a Combat Medic for Site-56’s Medical Wing. Among other titles in his dossier, he holds an associates degree in Methodology, Child Psychology, Human Biology, and nearly half a decade in Human Social Services. All shining examples of what one might look for in a good researcher to be sure; but there is a caveat: his eccentric tendencies. He can often have the attention span of a hyperactive golden retriever, and the bluntness of a Neanderthal. No one person is perfect, and this is certainly true about Dr. Iculous - which is why he relies heavily on the support and aide of his colleagues.

Before his time in the Foundation, he spent much of his career traveling around the United States holding panels on vicarious trauma, burnouts and studies into the social ramifications of introverted and extroverted personalities. More recently during his time working for the Foundation, he has conducted a handful of studies in regards to the psychological effects of various SCP's such as SCP-178 and -099.

Much of Dr. Iculous's contemporary research falls under the umbrellas of academia, psychological evaluations, and statistical surveys of the wider competence of Site-56; as noted in his paper "FODC: A Quantitative Measurement" - which details the frequency by which personnel on-site fail to close doors; posing a rather serious security risk to the staff, Class-D and SCP's alike.

To summarize, the 'story-lines' Dr. Iculous finds himself gravitating toward as a person falls under the Research of anomalous entities, faculty improvement, and the development of sophisticated infrastructure. Much of his time is aimed at tutoring his juniors, assisting his fellow Seniors in reviewing their work, and lending a hand to Executives where he is needed.

Part 2: Work and Achievements
One of Dr. Iculous’ personal favorite studies was the frequency by which Site-56 personnel closed doors; showing a statistical analysis which suggested the potential for increased security breaches due to negligence in leaving doors across the site open. Besides this, he also held a full-fledged interview with SCP-049 which helped gleam more into the anomalies personality, and a manual to psychological research. More recently, as of 07/30/20██, he performed a cross-test between SCP-049 and SCP-714, where a discovery may have been made into the effects of a human test subject equipped with SCP-714 becoming an instance of SCP-049-2; wherein the entity -- dubbed "SCP-049-A" or "Alpha" for short -- retained its memories and cognitive faculties prior to expiration from SCP-049's anomalously powerful grip. Unsurprisingly, the entity was legally dead, however when prompted with various questions it answered in the affirmative with one tap on the glass and two in the negative. Given this information, it may be likely that further study into just how SCP-049 creates its anomalous drones can be studied and perhaps even halted or reversed.

FODC: A Quantitative Measurement
Interview with SCP-049
DOR Psych. Division Guide to Psychology
SCP-049-2 & SCP-714 Crosstest

Overall, Doctor Iculous has written over ten-thousand words of documentation and lectures for the betterment of understanding SCP’s and guiding others to further their careers in the department.

Part 3: Academic Endeavors
Among his other scientific works, Iculous has held over a dozen lectures regarding various topics such as ‘writing a hypothesis’, ‘peer-reviewing others’ work’, ‘navigating SCIPNET’ and how to host lectures.

Peer-Reviewing Others Work
The Scientific Method

Part 4: Future Ambitions
When it all boils down, Doctor Red “The Six” Iculous has one singular goal in mind: Secure, Contain, Protect - just as the Foundation itself mandates. In an ideal Foundation, he would like to perform a collective rework of SCIPNET content; updating SCP description files and, more idyllically, opening personnel files on top-performing figures within the foundation. As with much of his other research-endeavors, his penchant for psychological analysis, further studies into site-wide phenomena would likely become more commonplace in order to publish statistical analyses into the overall efficiency of the site as a whole.

More recently, Dr. Iculous has felt a proverbial wall being erected before him; performing his regular duties as per usual - but not finding ample satisfaction in regards to how it helps other researchers make progress. In this same vein of thinking, he conversed with his long-time friend and colleague @Pulsewalker ...

Iculous: How have you been?

P: Me? Same as usual - lots of administrative work, at home with the wife while I'm off-site. You know how it is.

Iculous: Lots of writing then I take it - both on-site and off.

P: Exactly... And what about you? I take it this isn't just a casual chat.

Iculous: Beating around the bush, aren't I? Yes, it is...

After several hours of discussion and a few days of meditation on Iculous' part, the graying doctor made a decision to make a move further in his career; to get the larger picture.

Eclipse

Mar 18, 2022
logo.png

From the office of ████████
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Accepted

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Site Advisor. This position is responsible for assisting the Site Director with maintaining foundation standards on Site-56. After observing your continued service in Research, we have determined you are suited for this new responsibility as a Site Advisor.

Congratulations Site Advisor Dr. Iculous!​

Status
Not open for further replies.