Not open for further replies.

Hypnos

Mar 6, 2023
Name: Hypnos
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:68721039
Previous Rank (convert if required): Moderator
Who demoted you?: Ryan
Date of demotion?: 4/30/2023
What server were you demoted from?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA.
What is the case against you?: Unauthorized absence, and repeated missed requirements.
Is this true?: Yes, it is.
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: No, I had not received any form of demotion.
Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?: Yes, I have received one warning, which was for FailRP.

What is your side of the story?:
► To start, there was no excuse for my absence. I was capable of submitting a valid LOA but never was able to find the time to do so. My absence/ missed requirements came from a combination of a tough schedule, finals beginning at school, and the stress of starting up a small business of my own. Another contribution was the times in which I was able to be active on the server. My schedule was tight until midnight most nights, where I would try to cram in time on the server. This was taking a toll on my health, due to my only being able to get around 4 hours of sleep nightly. I had trouble at first balancing time staffing, and time playing with friends on the server, due to the low amount of time I was able to play. The week prior to my demotion, I had only been active 2-3 days out of my 7-day week. This was due to a camping trip that was planned by my family last minute. I had attempted to take an LOA to cover the days I would be missing but was informed that the duration of the trip was not long enough for an LOA to be necessary. I played the days I was home, then following the trip on the day I was back, I was informed about my demotion through my monthly review. This came with some tough feelings, but I do not want that trip to be seen as an excuse for my missed requirements. During the discussion of my removal, it had been shown to me that in the days prior to my trip, I had accumulated around 14-17 hours in the week of my demotion. I fully accept and take responsibility for realizing I was not devoting enough time and effort to my position on the team. All of these events occurred in the week of my removal. As for the week prior where I had also missed my requirements, there is no excuse. It was purely my fault for not dedicating enough of my time on the server to staffing. I would put in some time on AOD here and there, but I fell short by 15-20 tickets. Overall, I do not want the events that occurred in my life to be seen as an excuse. I take full responsibility for my absence and know that there were things I could've done differently to provide a more positive impact on the community.

Why should you return / what will you change?:
► I feel as though my intentions for the community have always been clear and pure. I want to be able to leave a positive impact on the community and make the experience of others as enjoyable as possible. My demotion was not for any malicious behavior, it was just a combination of irresponsibility and challenging times. There are many things I would go back and change, but approaching the team in the future I would ensure that I properly inform my supervisor/ leadership of any upcoming absences of mine, and or inform them of my current situation. I purposely postponed writing my appeal, because I wanted to approach it with a clear mind so I had the opportunity to see what could change in the future. As of now, I will be graduating in the coming weeks which is going to allow much more freedom in my schedule. I will have far more time to dedicate to the team, which I will ensure is being appropriately applied to staffing rather than playing. I have established a smooth workflow with my small business, and have found ways to incorporate it into my schedule in a non-stressful way. Overall, I feel as though I know where to apply myself more, and I have the appropriate amount of time to provide the team. My passion for the server never died, and I look forward to being able to provide a positive experience for those I am surrounded by.​

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi Hypnos,

Thanks for taking the time to make a staff demotion appeal.

While we appreciate your continued interest in the staff team, given that you were demoted for unauthorized absence, it comes with a 3-month blacklist from staff. A demotion appeal cannot be accepted prior to the lifting of the blacklist. At this stage, after speaking with Alpha about it, we believe that further time demonstrating your return to the server would be appropriate before lifting the blacklist. You may speak with a Super Administrator directly in relation to the blackilst.

You may re-appeal when your blacklist is lifted.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.