Civilian name: Victor Krauss
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

Executive Researcher (One Month)

ECA (Accepted 6/26/2023)

MTF E11 PVT (Three Days)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

None, and still have no intentions on receiving any.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

I am applying to be a director of Research for several reasons. I believe that a Departmental Director of any division should provide very active and persistent activity within their respective goals. My passion and loyalty to the Research Division is unwavering, and activity within the site is significant, which are two things I believe all department directors should have as a baseline. On top of this, I feel as if Research in General has been very lacking in regards to the potential it could be as a whole. The current policies in place restricts Research related activities on a very tight schedule. The restrictions in place makes it very difficult to allow more Research members to conduct their respective duties which leads to major burnouts within the division. With additional input and support from someone such as myself, I believe I can assist Site Command and Leadership to steer the potential for Research in a very opportunistic direction.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

Many of my peers have witnessed my growth from an aspiring Junior Researcher to the current Executive position that I am now in. I have demonstrated major strides in my work alongside with assisting those in need of further assistance. Many researchers have approached me asking for varying levels of help, to which I had provided to them with hands on orientation and training. There are many researchers that I could name that would make excellent Executives that I have personally assisted to help further conduct their testing and ideas. Going back to what was previously stated, I am very active on site, providing help and assistance where I can while ensuring that all Research Personnel are conducting their duties while following proper Ethical and Conduct codes. While some may be discouraged with my short time on the site, I can assure that my short time here far outweighs my potential and experience in the field.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

A Director of Research has many responsibilities that they must achieve. Starting out with a major responsibility, a Director of Research is responsible for all of the paperwork and standard operating procedures of all Research Personnel based off of the regulations of the site. Additionally, Directors are in charge of supervising the entirety of the Research Department as a whole, while providing mentorship to newly brought on members of the Research team. To further assist the members of the Research Department, Directors will occasionally ask other members of the research team to conduct particular tests and see if any new information can be found. While they are mentoring, they are to be keeping an eye out for brand new and upcoming Executive Researchers to be brought onto the team. If a potential candidate is found and proceeds to make an application, it is up to both Directors of Research to conduct an interview and consult the Executive team to see if they would make a good fit. Directors of Research are also maintain a positive relationship with the other Department Directors to make the quality of life on site as best as it can be for everyone involved. With this in mind, they usually attend meetings with Site Administration and other important figures on the Site, along with hosting meetings for the Executive Research Team to ensure everything regarding operations in the site are running smoothly as they can be.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Maxwell Shepherd is a dedicated and loyal Senior Researcher of the SCP Foundation. Maxwell was born in Colts Neck, New Jersey on July 7th, 1989 to Evelyn and Dominic Shepherd. At a young age, Maxwell took an interest in wanting to find and understand the unexplained. In high school, Maxwell excelled in the field of mathematics and science, eventually graduating with high grades and applying to Thomas Jefferson University. After four years, he graduated with a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.

After his graduation, he was approached by a private military contractor that required his expertise for weapon development. Maxwell began his career in the research and development of prototype weaponry that the company sold to agencies around the world. One of his assignment involved him overseeing a deal to an unknown buyer before being transferred to another research and development facility across the US. While Maxwell was in the process studying notes for a new potential weapon on the day of the meet, the convoy was ambushed by the Chaos Insurgency and was rendered unconscious after his vehicle was rammed off road.

Several days after the incident happened, he awoke in a medical room with a Foundation recruitment officer reviewing Maxwell's notes. Maxwell was offered a position as an intern for the SCP Foundation at Site-83, and worked there for several years. After some time working for the Foundation, he learned valuable skills and knowledge on various SCP Objects and the goals of the foundation, to which he learned to grow appreciation for the cause they had.

Shortly after his transfer to Site-65 from Site-83, Maxwell Shepherd was taken under the wing of a Senior Researcher working at the Site for quite some time. After some time, Maxwell received several promotions in quick succession for his overall support and dedication to the Foundation and his work at Site-65. One day, he was offered a position on the Executive Researcher Team after an evaluation report and interview by the Director of Research at the time. Maxwell accepted the position and continued to dedicate his work for the research department.

During his time on Site, he not only demonstrated exemplary dedication to his role but also displayed a remarkable passion for expanding his knowledge in the field of chemical creation and the intricate impacts of Memetic/Cognitohazard effects on living beings. This interest motivated him to actively seek out additional learning opportunities and engage in in-depth research to deepen his understanding of these subjects. Further more, Maxwell dedicated himself to assisting several researchers on various tests and paperwork related advice, including various 914 Cross tests with Thaumatologist "Mapper" and Director of Research "Lunaro", finding exemplary results in some of them. His passions for helping other members of his department, understanding chemical creation and the profound effects of Memetic/Cognitohazard phenomena on living beings remains a driving force behind his exceptional work.

As Maxwell Shepherd continues to excel in his role, there is no doubt that he will make even greater discoveries in his research endeavors, leaving a lasting impact on the Foundation's pursuit of understanding and containment of anomalies.

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
+support
this guy is a great person, nice to all, a good roleplayer everything

will say maybe too soon you are applying for DoM, i'd say play for a few more months

Slab

Sep 1, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: Maxwell "Arcturus" Shepherd
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Dictator Iragan

Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be denied. Elaboration on your denial is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration. You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.