[US] Unban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randolf

Dec 21, 2022
Your in-game name: Randolf Haans

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:621512768

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199203291265

Date of ban: 1/10/2023

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): FailRP (E)

Who banned you: "Flashpoint" [FR-1]

Ban length?: 3 Days

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP-USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will not touch the crystal

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes

Why should you be unbanned: The reason why I was banned was because I consumed a chemical that made me walk through the door to the crystal SCP and touched it. I should be unbanned because I was simply unaware that I was not allowed to touch the Crystal. When you consume the Chemical that makes you walk through doors, some doors it will not work. In this case it did, so I assumed that you were allowed to go into the room and touch it. In the rules it doesn't really state that this is Fail RP as it's a chemical programmed to give you the ability to do so with no barrier within the door like other ones with the ability to take possession of the SCP. I've seen many people touch the crystal before and no one has ever been warned for FailRP because of it,. I'm not even sure if this is failrp still.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: Read The Rules, perhaps put a suggestion on the forums to insure this does not happen to another player because if it is FailRp it should be written out better for situations like this.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I would like to be unbanned Because I have put many hours into this server in the last few weeks after I was false banned so much so that I have 1.1m in game and have taken up chemistry in the lab making products, I enjoy the Server a lot and as I stated I was completely unaware that this is failrp. I was actaully about to donate to get the chemist job because I enjoy doing chemistry.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
Howdy,
The situation is rather simple. An E-11 Lieutenant reported you for running into Heavy Containment Zone with Liquid Anima in effect, disregarding what E-11 was saying. However, upon the report being placed against you, I began to spectate you for other violations. That's when I saw you, still under the effects of Liquid Anima, run into SCP-409s chamber and get yourself infected. You then ran into a middle of a test with the eyeball picture and infected a D-Class before I brought you into a staff room and spoke with you. I described to you that the situation was FailRP. So, I brought you two second opinions to better explain the situation. Mijur, and another Senior Admin who I don't remember. They both explained the same thing as I did.

Initially we considered giving you a verbal or normal warning instead. However, your record showed you had 6 prior FailRP warns in the past 30 days. This made it very difficult to continue considering you just for a verbal warning, especially since your actions disrupted the RP of other people. However, due to the respect you gave and the fact we did believe it was a mistake, the senior admin opted to give you 3 days rather than a Class X ban, which is usually 1 week.

Other people who touch the crystal and infect people intentionally are also breaking the rules. And if I see them, I will give them the same treatment as I did to you. However, I cannot enforce what I do not see or hear reports of. Other players may be hesitant to report people for these same reasons because they consider it too much work, can't identify the person who did it, don't have evidence, or simply don't care enough.

Randolf

Dec 21, 2022
Yeah I just did not know that it was FAILRP to touch the SCP based on everything i've said. I do apologize but I assumed it would have been more of an ethical/ code of conduct thing rather Than failrp based on how the SCP is an object allowing a tech expect to use. Not to argue with you although you are saying this is failrp and as a player I must agree with you. I am failing to understand how you could deem this as an FailRp incident just based on How anyone can have interaction With the SCP like others, it's hard to determine how that would be failrp but other SCP'S would not be so.

Jules

Donator
May 22, 2022
Pinewood Canada
mysttea.carrd.co
Appeal Denied

Hi @Randolf

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After taking into consideration of your situation I have decided to deny your ban appeal.

FailRP class E takes quite a bit of messing about to even get that far and by then you should have a sense of what the rules are. I will raise a few questions here. Why would a Tech Expert actively take chemicals that are above his clearance to know about? Why would he walk into a containment chamber of something that is generally known as dangerous?

This is all actions someone wouldn't realistically take as a Tech Expert and all would fall under FailRP.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks

Kind regards,
Jules​

Status
Not open for further replies.