External Affairs Special Agent

SCP-096

Chaos Insurgency Beta Operative

Past Whitelisted/MTF/CI Roles
Intelligence Agent

Kicks/Bans/Warnings
N/A

"What makes you the best candidate for Overseer Assistant?"
An Overseer Assistant connects the influence and capabilities of the Council to the utmost readiness to strive and succeed at building and preserving the clandestine nature of the clockwork machine that is the Foundation, no matter the cost to themselves personally. In that same spirit, I am confident that I have more than the requisite amount of skills and mindset; astute observation, common sense, and relevant field experience, to be able to carry out the high-risk, high-dependability tasks that comprise any such operations pertaining to the Council. I have great capacity to plan out, optimize, and follow through with a clear-cut plan, while easily adapting or surmounting any expected issues that may arise. My time as a Special Agent has taught me patience and leadership, brought me both numerous success and failure, but most importantly, instilled a belief of determination to try everything, expect failure every once in a while, but to always proceed with a clear mind towards the ultimate goal at hand; that is what I see in myself as an Overseer Assistant.

Speaking more to my involvement on-site, I'm certain I am to one of the more communicative leadership figures you can find within the department. My presence on site is very much dedicated to ensuring departmental duties, improving the standing of the Foundation, and assisting the upkeep of the site's health on a greater scale, comparable to a select few key duties that an Overseer Assistant is responsible for at all times. Elaborating more in terms of field work, there is no shortage of varying levels of insanity that I have witnessed, endured, and have adjusted to, all without so much as a question. Something bigger than me, any of us, I've always assumed, doing what needs to be done. Whether it be taking orders or issuing orders of my own, I'll be the one to go the extra mile and ensure that everything falls into place, to the exact detail, as meticulously planned, just as the Council would expect of an Overseer Assistant.

Overseer Assistant Responsibilities
Overseer Assistants are responsible for extending the presence and availability of the Overseer Council within the Foundation. Assistants are in charge of carrying out duties under the order of the Overseer Council, and the inability for Council members to be omnipresent requires that Overseer Assistants maintain wide-open communications with the current status of the Foundation and the Council, reporting on fulfillment of their current task and reporting any crucial information that may arise back to the Overseer Council. This ease of communication extends to their capabilities briefing Council members on statuses of every major inner-working of the site, without hesitation or fail, and relaying instructions or information any necessary parties on behalf of the Council. Overseer Assistants use their resources and relations to additionally assist department and regimental leadership in more effectively carrying out their own duties wherever and whenever required. Overseer Assistants must uphold the Foundation's Legal Codex and investigate both small and larger-scale abuses against the Code of Conduct, with direct insight and advice from the Council as well as contextual and past information known to the Foundation.

In all, being able to more directly and regularly survey the site's operations as a whole, Overseer Assistants work with departments such as Internal Affairs and, given their allotted resources, can more absolutely enforce the proper protocols of the Code of Conduct enacted by the Overseer Council and swear both undying secrecy, efficiency and loyalty in achieving the objectives of the Council, without a note of hesitation.

Overseer Assistant Lore Example
------------------------

"grunger" sits alone in the External Affairs offices, scribbling up documentation with only a desk lamp to illuminate his work. Even hiding in the dark, the piled up boxes of assorted documents and archives seem to shift and warp by themselves. He suddenly stops and stares blankly, a worried expression dawns across his face. Hastily grabbing a nearby VHS cassette, "grunger" fumbles with it before finally slotting it into the projector, lighting up the room with rough footage seemingly recounting a drone-based surveillance mission.

"I have viscon on one or two, three... uh, make that -three-. -Three- insurgents, bearing two-niner-eight degrees. Repeat, -three- bearing two nine-"

Rewinding the drone footage numerous times, he is uncertain of what to make of this revelation. An agent knocks on the room, finally breaking the buildup of silence, "grunger" seemingly unphased by the sudden commotion at the door, continuing to stare. The agent lets himself in and briskly walks toward a nearby filing cabinet, walking in front of and briefly cutting the line of sight "grunger" had to the projector screen. As the agent silently sifts through the mound of files that have accumulated in the offices' filing cabinets, "grunger" remarks:

"Agent... agent, uh, agent, have I gone insane?"

The agent continues searching for a file, almost aimlessly. In a somber tone, he replies:

"We're all a little insane. There's no going back."
"No, I meant- here, just look at this footage with me."

The agent retrieves a file from the cabinet and looks at "grunger", hesitating, sighs audibly, then reluctantly looks up at the projector screen.

"Make it quick."

"grunger" rewinds the cassette tape, and plays the tape over again.

"I have viscon on one or two, three... uh, make that -three-. -Three- insurgents, bearing two-niner-eight degrees. Repeat, -three- bearing two nine-"

"You really have gone mad."
"There were clearly four people there. The 'three' he says? That's pretty obviously not what he originally said. Somebody tampered with the tape."
"Well, we get enough restless nights as is. Between the double vision and falling asleep all the damn time, what we have to deal with, I'd say the drone operators one of the lucky ones. They sit on their asses and watch us do the dirty work from above."
"I submitted the field report with four of them noted down. I can remember real well, it was four."
"You were tired and your finger slipped- why do you even care? Wouldn't you rather be done with this nonsense already?"

"grunger" would indeed rather be done with the matter. It's been so long since he's had a decent nap that coffee barely keeps him awake. Something doesn't sit right though, and that never usually permitted him sleep anyways.

"Look, you think this is nothing. But y'know what I think? That group of four was implicated in the raid on the Ethics offices, but only three were found dead. Nobody questioned that, even though it was comms'd in. I asked for the fourth, again. Not so much as an acknowledgement that I had said anything. Not on External comms, not on clearance 4 comms, hell, no response from the site director himself. Figured they were busy finding him, maybe there was a miscommunication, radio bugged, who the hell knows. What I do know is, only one document was touched, but from what I hear, it was completely gone. Something pretty high up there. Dare I say...
"..."
...the Council?"
"..."
"Well? You got anything to help me here?"
"I figured you were as stupid as you looked. Maybe I was wrong, but your new position won't be all that dissimilar, I can assure you that."
"What?"
"Your own men operate to destroy the enemy, inside out. My men are a little different. No allegiances to anybody else. Morals? ...ethics? What we do has to be done in the dark, lest we want to be ousted for petty politics."

"grunger" stands up from his desk. Two armoured silhouettes rush out of the two unlit corners of the room behind "grunger", to the special agent's terror, seizing him, pushing him back down into his desk chair. Boxes are knocked around chaotically, loose files flying across the room.

"What the- get off me!"
"Killing you would certainly arouse suspicion. I could make it happen, and I have no doubt of that fact, but I'd prefer your compliance instead. That means you can stop struggling, you idiot."

"grunger" stops fighting the guards, collects himself, and refocuses his attention once more to the agent.

"What do you choose?"
"I'm sorry, did you give me a choice? 'Cause I couldn't hear you over your two, goddamned musclemen, wrestling me back into the chair!"
"You'll be helping us. An assistant of sorts. You get to know that much, until you accept your new position."
"I'm not going to work under you after what just happened... whoever you are. And I'm certainly not going to be your 'Assistant'."
"I'm sure you'll change your mind after I tell you exactly what it is you'll be doing."
"And just what is that?"
"Walk with me."
------------------------

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+Support
this man does great work in every path he goes down best intel agent ive seen best dea agent because intel got discarred was definitly becoming ambassador has cl4 experience and if i was a overseer would love to have as my assistant.

Reactions: grunger

"Devious"

Mar 3, 2023
+Support
All in all great guy I have been very happy to work and Rp with him love Grunger all the way

Reactions: grunger

Green

Jul 13, 2022
SCP Foundation.png
RAISA
Records and Information Security Administration

From the Office of ████████

Regarding ████████ Assistant Applicant - "grunger"
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of ████████ Assistant

Foundation Command has reviewed your application, and we have decided that you are unfit for this position at this time so as such this application will be Denied. You may reapply in 2 weeks.

On behalf of █-2

• Wow
Reactions: "Sigma"
Status
Not open for further replies.