[USA] Iculous Exec. Researcher App. (Re-submission)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2022
Canada/US
(Re-submitting this following recommendation to do so, will make necessary edits.)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67116206
Discord name: Maury (Maury#8922)
For how long have you played on CG SCP:
1w 0d 8h 16m over a span of several months.
In what country are you located?: Canada
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Red “The Six” Iculous
Civilian name: Red “The Six” Iculous
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
No current whitelisted, MTF or CI roles.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None of the above; no kicks, warnings or bans on my profile.
-
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?:
I am applying for the position in order to progress my character's career in the Research Department, which is preceded by my intent on ensuring ethical and rule-abiding research/roleplay by the Research Dept. and its faculty. To add to this, I would enjoy hosting more roleplay-oriented lectures to help people integrate into the community.
-
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I have a good comprehensive understanding of how the department operates, I enjoy administrative work & document-writing (as it is also my actual job), and I know I can help teach new researchers in order to foster good roleplay. The department needs more active people to keep the machine working, and I’m dedicated to a fault.
-
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?:
I have written roughly 5 excellent-grade documents, however cannot verify due to restricted access on SCIPNET. During my time as a Junior full and Senior Researcher, I have attended and held quite a few lectures with "Excellence" in mind for the lesson and topic.

Excellent-grade documents can be described as multifaceted, but it is a very horizontal formula: Formatting, appearance, and organization. Following a good-formatting-practice helps to make the reading standard and easy on the eyes of the reader, while appearance can best be characterized as adding relevant photographic, videographic, statistical or transcribed evidence to support the study being conducted. Organization is key for all the above, as having an introduction, description, aim, methods, hypotheses, findings, conclusions and credits to the participating personnel are essential to making a document worth the grade. Each of these will make a document containing an easy 8 pages, though only 6-7 are necessary as a bare minimum.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Administrative supervision and grading of documents uploaded to SCIPNET, supervision of Foundation personnel working under the policies and banner of the Research Division, and assisting the Director of Research in maintaining the integrity, progress and efficiency of Site-65’s Research Department. Furthermore after several discussions with my seniors, it is evident that Executive Researchers also spearhead the eight or so various divisions of research; Biohazard, Inanimate, and Psychological to name a few.
-
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Red Iculous is an amicable individual with a love for his work and a drive to see the Foundation progress in its three core principles: Secure, Contain, Protect. Born to a small Dutch household, his mother and father emigrated to the United States in the late 90's to pursue their careers in biochemistry and environmental physics respectively. They raised him in a small suburban villa in the state of California; homeschooling him for his first five grades, then sending him to a private school to prepare him for his future.

He grasps an understanding - albeit shoddy - that while the vast majority of anomalous entities contained within the Foundations’ custody can be and are an unequivocal threat to humanity; there may be some merit in maintaining interactions with some of the more sentient and sapient SCP’s in a manner that one would consider ‘humane’ or even personable. He has learned much through his time in the Foundation, making quite a bit of use of his doctorate in psychology and time as a Combat Medic for Site-65’s Medical Wing. Among other titles in his dossier, he holds an associates degree in Methodology, Child Psychology, Human Biology, and nearly half a decade in Human Social Services. All shining examples of what one might look for in a good researcher to be sure; but there is a caveat: his eccentric tendencies. He can often have the attention span of a hyperactive golden retriever, and the bluntness of a neanderthal. No one person is perfect, and this is certainly true about Dr. Iculous - which is why he relies heavily on the support and aide of his colleagues.

Before his time in the Foundation, he spent much of his career traveling around the United States holding panels on vicarious trauma, burnouts and studies into the social ramifications of introverted and extroverted personalities. More recently during his time working for the Foundation, he has conducted a handful of studies in regards to the psychological effects of various SCP's such as SCP-178 and -099.

Much of Dr. Iculous's contemporary research falls under the umbrellas of academia, psychological evaluations, and statistical surveys of the wider competence of Site-65; as noted in his paper "FODC: A Quantitative Measurement" - which details the frequency by which personnel on-site fail to close doors; posing a rather serious security risk to the staff, Class-D and SCP's alike.

To summarize, the 'story-lines' Dr. Iculous finds himself gravitating toward as a person falls under the Research of anomalous entities, faculty improvement, and the development of sophisticated infrastructure. Much of his time is aimed at tutoring his juniors, assisting his fellow Seniors in reviewing their work, and lending a hand to Executives where he is needed.

Pulsewalker

May 24, 2022
Louisiana

+ SUPPORT

+ Enjoyable interactions
+ Dedicated to writing great documentation
+ Strives to better himself
+ Holds great lectures

Overall, you already know how I feel. I think you'd make a fantastic Executive Researcher and I know a lot of others feel the same way.

Mar 20, 2021
Texas
Application Accepted

Congratulations! Your reputation among the executive team has earned you the position of executive researcher! Please contact me for the next steps.​

USA Director of Research Samuel "Pynput" Rodriguez
discord.png

Status
Not open for further replies.