[USA] Iota Smith Director of Research Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iota Smith

Jun 16, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70196971

Discord name: mrdrexs

For how long have you played on CG SCP: I started around early February of 2023 so cant really times it

In what country are you located?: United States

Time zone: (EST) Eastern Time Zone

Character name(s): Iota Smith

Civilian name: N/A

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes, and it is used frequently.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher (Holding)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None actually

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
I am applying for Director of Research so that I may further help the department that I hold dear.
I have been dedicating my time and effort to work tirelessly, consistently doing 12-hour shifts. My role here involves assisting and guiding both senior researchers and juniors alike. Since I took on an executive position, I have been focusing on developing a mentoring system. This system pairs a senior researcher with a junior researcher, allowing the senior to teach the junior how to perform tasks effectively and provide support during their tests. Our responsibilities extend beyond just conducting tests; we also prioritize nurturing our colleague's growth.

In addition, I assign test projects to other researchers, aiming to help them enhance their skills and break free from any limitations they may have encountered while working on certain SCPs.

Furthermore, by collaborating closely with Director Ivy and IA (Information Architecture), we have been actively engaging in multiple meetings to identify areas where we can make improvements within our organization.

I strongly believe that this process can greatly benefit the foundation as a whole.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I think I am prepared to handle the extra duties of becoming a Director because of the commitment I have already demonstrated towards assisting others with their research on the server. I have been serving as an Executive for nearly two months now and during this period, I have actively participated in various processes that are essential knowledge for a Director. While my dedication to the Executive role is evident, there are certain actions that specifically make me well-suited for the position of Director;

• I offer guidance and support to individuals who are applying for the position of Executive Researcher, as well as assisting new Executives in adapting to their roles as Executive Researchers.
  • I am responsible for overseeing and approving cross-tests conducted by qualified researchers, ensuring the safety of both the researchers themselves, their staff, and the test subjects.
  • I serve as a point of contact for the department, available to answer questions and provide guidance on test authorizations. This includes either authorizing tests directly or assisting researchers in developing plans to obtain authorization from higher-ups.
  • I maintain active communication with other members of the Executive team through email correspondence while off-site. This allows me to offer advice and participate in important discussions that impact our work.
  • I make an effort to be approachable and engage with members of different departments within our organization. By having conversations about general matters and seeking their input on maintaining positive relationships between the Research department and other departments, I contribute to fostering good working relations within our Foundation.
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
I propose dividing the Director of Research's responsibilities into two distinct areas; management and research. Both aspects are crucial to the role of the DoR. Let's begin by discussing the management aspect. The first priority that comes to mind is overseeing all policies. We have a wide range of rules and regulations that need constant updates and revisions as our department grows and evolves. Additionally, maintaining strong connections with other departments and SC/SA is essential. Even seemingly minor changes in policy can have a ripple effect on other departments, impacting their duties either positively or negatively. This is why diplomacy and effective communication, especially with SC, are vital. Another important responsibility is managing the Executives themselves, as they play a key role in ensuring the Research Department runs smoothly. As a DoR, it's crucial to have a good understanding of each Executive on at least a basic level, as they are integral to our operations. This includes tasks such as scheduling regular meetings, setting goals, identifying new Executives and serving as a role model for others within the department. Moving on to the research side of things...As a Director, you serve as a guiding force in the realm of assessments, but it also means that you are constantly under scrutiny and analysis.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Iota Smith faced numerous challenges but persevered, climbing to the top. Along the way, he moved from one site to another, ensuring the safety of his fellow researchers. However, his journey took an unexpected turn when he suffered severe damage and transformed into a cyborg. Iota Smith is truly a captivating character. He serves as an Executive Researcher, blending advanced technology seamlessly with human capabilities. My training was conducted under a project known as [Redacted]. Iota demonstrates exceptional efficiency and unwavering dedication to fulfilling the mission of the Foundation. After spending some time on site and working under Director Ivy in the Research Department, he discovered a new goal and purpose. To become the Director of Research and continue supporting the foundation.

Originally created through a collaboration between MTF Leviathan and the Foundations Research and Development Department Iota Smith was designed to aid in analyzing and containing phenomena. With enhanced abilities and cybernetic enhancements Iota has a role in unraveling the mysteries surrounding artifacts and entities. They strive to maintain a balance between understanding these anomalies while also safeguarding against their dangers.

Iotas involvement in storylines within the SCP Foundation offers a perspective. Their interactions with both non human entities provide an exploration of scientific ethics and the limits of artificial intelligence. Additionally as Iota delves deeper into understanding the SCP Foundation profound questions arise regarding sentience, perception and ethical considerations associated with containment.

Throughout their journey Iota Smith encounters trusted allies as formidable adversaries. They face challenges. Manage to uncover hidden truths while protecting humanity, from paranormal threats.

Their steadfast commitment, to the Foundations mission along with their increasing self-awareness adds to a captivating story that delves into the equilibrium between technology and human essence. This journey paves the way for an era of comprehension, within the expanding SCP universe.

Iris Valentine

Nov 30, 2023
+ Support!
-Always working hard in research
-Very determined guy
-Consistent RP and fun to be around

every instance of running into him has been fun and he always knows what he's doing, I see the passion in the research department and think he would be a wonderful director.

Brewer 2.0 / Celtic

Blacklisted Player
Dec 18, 2023
About time you applied.

Iota Smith has done a tremendous amount of work for the Department. The most notable being his mentoring / testing assignment he gives out to all Research Personnel. He always ensures that when he is on, all Research Staff has something to do. Which further benefits Research RP.

Furthermore, he is amongst the most active out of all the Executives I have interacted with. I don't just mean active as in on-site a lot. I mean that he is consistently active with the Research Department when he is on-site.

Lastly, he is extremely professional and has a huge amount of patience when it comes to dealing with incompetent or annoying Research Staff. He has clearly shown that he can handle a lot of work, yet still remain well mannered and contained. I know for a fact that he is patient first hand too, as I am usually late with my Research Assignments :p

I would love to see what Iota Smith will do with the Research Department. I have full confidence if he were able to pursue his desired tenure as the Director of Research

Major + Support

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023
A message from the office of: O5-1 "████████"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

o5-council.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, Iota.

Congratulations!
You have been chosen for the position of Director of Research we expect great things out of you and hope you work well with the current Director of Research Ivy Picket Good luck.

Please contact O5-1 at his email address for your next steps. (thorn#6299)

Welcome.​

Status
Not open for further replies.