[USA] Ivy Picket's Ethics Committee Member Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaria

Nov 24, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:196330963

Discord name: lunaria4211

For how long have you played on CG SCP: ~26.3 days of gameplay time (2,275,020 seconds)

In what country are you located?: United States of America

Time zone: Central Standard Time

Character name(s): Ivy Picket

Civilian name: Lily Picket

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
-Yes, I do have a mic.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
-Director of Research, Executive Researcher, CI-Alpha, E-11 Sergeant

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-I have no active kicks/bans/warns.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am seeking the position of Ethics Committee member. The reason behind me wanting to apply for the position goes back quite a long while and can be broken up into a couple of different primary reasons. The first of these, in no particular order, is my passion for creating RP within the site. I, since the beginning, have wanted to further my experience of such and believe that I truly have done so. There is something so thrilling about seeing so many different people come together because of something you created that I can't get enough of. As a Director of Research, I have had just mass amounts of experience with such, and being an ethics committee member would allow me to further such even more. It is one thing to do it for one department, however, being able to be an RP leader is something that would open up so many doors and opportunities that being a GM or Director just can't do or rather do easily. Following that reasoning, I want to help shape the overarching atmosphere of the site from something so restrictive and often toxic to something more warm and welcoming. Too often I've seen people rudely turned away for little reason besides personal disliking of them which I can't stand to see. You need to be unbiased in all decisions that you make and see a person as a person, we are all people and that is ignored all too often. That's why, at the core, I want to join the Ethics Committee to be the active change, not just someone on the sidelines or someone who does work all off-site. There is something to be said about that, however, as building relations and repour with all departments is crucial to your and your department's (Site in this case) success as I have learned through being a Director of Research and Overseer Assistant. The last reason I will give in regards to why I want to join the Ethics committee and not the O5 is I feel it would give me the best opportunity to really help the community. While doing so is possible in either field the Ethics Committee is much more of a public face and as such they are able to interact on a more 1 to 1 basis than an Overseer would.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
The tertiary reason that I am the best current candidate for the Ethics Committee are my current ethics (pun absolutely intended) and my experience. To start I will share my experiences in the RP side of things gained as a Director of Research. On the RP side, I have been a part of and created many different projects that keep the lifeblood of research alive and rich with fun and exciting activities. The main one that I like to point to is the one that focused on the upper echelon of clearances to get Site-Command a bit more involved in RP rather than a signing docs simulator. The project in question is my current ongoing project on a deep dive into SCP-001 "The Factory" and SCP-001 "Scarlet King" which have been going swingingly. Unfortunately, the other project head has since disappeared which certainly put a wrench in plans but that's what it's all about, adapting to the current situation. For example, the disappearance could be spun to be an assassination by members of the Sarkis cult thus escalating the issue and leading to a raid on the factory. There are so many other research projects and examples I can touch on just like that one, however, for the sake of brevity I will now be touching on another factor that makes me the best candidate for the Ethics Committee. That is my ability to be unbiased in all decision-making and to hear all sides out. This is a quality that is lacking from many of the people that I see as this can lean towards both sides of the coin either being biased for (nepotism) or against the person (poor judgment). You need to get all the facts of a situation from both parties whether you like them or not because you could be missing crucial information that's either not disclosed or lied about. To not do so would be negligent and really anyone should have the ability or at the very least strive to have this ability. My time as Director of Research has taught me to remain unbiased in my decisions for the betterment of the department which also ties into taking criticism positively. Learning from others, no matter the rank is adversely important to growing yourself and your department. For example; I made a recent policy change in which purposefully skipping a mandatory research lecture would result in a 30-minute arrest for insubordination since at the time I thought that was best for the department, however, I listened to the feedback from both the research community as a whole and some members of Research Command who shared their experience from trying that in the past which had not worked. So what did I do? Well, after thinking about it for a while, I changed the policy to better match the needs of the department. You can't let your "pride" get in the way of making your department the best it can be, you need to take feedback and learn from it which is especially needed as a member of the Ethics Committee. Moving onto the last reason I am the best candidate is I am very diverse with the people I work with and am capable of working with. I hold no grudges to any departments or people within as doing so limits the scope of what you are able to do extremely which is especially the case when in Site-Command. O5s and Ethics need to not be so polarized but to work together to better the site as a whole. They each preside over their own sections and duties which will be touched on later, however, it is extremely important that relations stay strong between the two of them.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
Withing RP the responsibilities are nearly endless, they are the head honchos when it comes to things as they will be the ones that review and sign off on matters as O5s are more restricted in such for obvious reasons. RP as an Ethics Committee member is what you make of it, they are the tool kit and you the person need to be able to use it. To get more specific with one of their many responsibilities they reside over departments and are tasked with reviewing said departments to ensure they are running smoothly. While Site-Administration also does so they are a step above that almost reviewing and checking the work of Site Administration when needed or rather the Ethics Committee Assistants as they are the ones actually on the ground conducting the reviews and meeting people much like Overseer Assistants do with their orders. Next, and arguably most important, is the Code of Ethics. They are charged with changing the policies within to best match the needs of the Foundation as a whole much like how a Director changes their policies to match the needs of their department. Without them ensuring it's getting updated without bias it can not only lead to corruption of Ethics Committee members but also to turmoil in the site as loopholes get found or new things get added that need to be addressed within the document. Past that they have other more miscellaneous policies such as calling code blacks, authorizing aa, and more. To wrap it up in a neat bow they are the managers of the site who ensure it runs smoothly in conjunction with members of the O5 council at the highest tier when those below them are unable to for whatever reason.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
The responsibilities of the Ethics Committee outside of RP would be to first and foremost handle exterior relations. This ties back to the RP side of things but if you have a bad relationship outside of RP and personal qualms with people that will leech into your character and ruin your capability to work with the person thus hurting the Foundation in some more extreme cases. For Applications, they have a very small yet important handful of people that they need to appoint. The first of these would be other Ethics Committee members. While the final decision can be handled by the Ethics Committee Chairman it is most commonly decided by a vote of the members. Having one person decide such an important role is simply idiotic, you need the opinions and viewpoints of other people to ensure you're not missing anything. Following that they would, of course, vote in the next Omega-1 Commander as they are their personal MTF regiment tasked solely with guarding them and being their hand hence the name "Law's Left Hand". The next application that they handle is any Ethics Committee Assistant applications. They are the assistants to the ethics committee so it's pretty cut and dry that they are the ones that'd pick their assistants. Lastly, they would handle applications for Director of Internal Affairs as with Research being under O5s, IA is under ethics, which makes sense since they are the hand that enforces the policies.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Ivy Picket started her time at the Foundation, like many, a long long time ago. She came in all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed excited to see what awaited her behind the oh-so-mysterious yet alluring curtain of the Foundation. She soon found out that what's hidden isn't always meant to be revealed, however, it was too late to put what had been let out back in. She slowly grew more and more desensitized to the gruesome nature of the SCPs that surrounded her working very closely with some of the Foundations' most dangerous entities. As time went on she also gained much more knowledge about the Foundation and how it works. With this knowledge procured over years of experience, she soon became an outstanding member of her current Site. She now spends her days tirelessly working for the Foundation so that what has been revealed to her isn't revealed to the public for their own sake. She later is contacted by the current Director of Research and is quite excited and a little nervous to hear what he has to say. She thinks to herself all sorts of things he might say from offering her a seat on a project to punishing her for something she didn't know she did wrong, however, what he said next she could never have predicted in a million years. She was given a promotion from Sr. Researcher to Executive Researcher. She knew that she had been a Sr. for quite some time and worked on many projects but never would've imagined herself making it all the way up to the level of an Executive. As time passed this excitement simmered down and she settled into her position as an Executive getting tied up in numerous projects and plans over the years. At this point, she had seen all that the Foundation had to offer, well, that the Foundation showed her. Recently one of the Directors of Research had an untimely death while working on a project of an unknown nature. She saw this as a chance to elevate her skills and the department. You see she had enjoyed being an Executive but she could only do so much and wanted to do more. After a while of waiting and hoping she received a knock on her office door which is not an uncommon thing for her as she is a go-to when it comes to help, however, this time it was different. Instead of a new researcher or fellow Executive walking through the door, it was the Site-Director. She had heard of the Director before but never really got the chance to meet her and as such was quite excited. They sat down and talked for hours, question after question until the Director said the two words that would catapult her career in the Foundation "You're Accepted". Just like that, she was the new Director of Research. She certainly had her work cut out for her and was eager to get started immediately. What she could do was now only limited by her imagination, what would she do next? Well, we know what she would do next and not too soon after her recent promotion to the esteemed position of Director of Researcher. Upon settling into her job after a month she found that she wanted to do more to help the site as a whole. So she sat and pondered the question for a while before remembering something that one of her superiors had told her about. Overseer Assistant, she could join their ranks to get that experience she was missing, however, the Overseers are not easy people to reach despite her ongoing project with O5-1 into the depths of Andersons Factory. Despite such being the case she presented her case to the council and they accepted her as their new assistant to carry out their duties as they please. Following working closely with the Council over the course of many years and furthering her research into the Factory she got a little too close to the sun and it all came crashing down. When in a meeting with O5-1 she could sense something was off but wasn't sure what. After they began talking per usual she heard a loud bang and then a thump, O5-1 was dead, assassinated by an Alpha-1 Operative who had been Class-F'd into doing it by a Sarkis cult member. After that, she felt lost and scared, if they could so easily reach someone so high up what guaranteed her safety, what if they got to her? She couldn't let that happen so she decided to have a parlay of sorts with the head priest who had just a month before given her eyes of the dammed with a mere look. If she messed up this meeting it was certain doom for not only herself but likely everyone at the site. So when writing some normal reports she notices this dark shadow in the corner of the room, a shadow that shouldn't have been there. After a moment of tense silence feeling cold sweat start dripping from every orifice of her body she moved towards the shadow then with a single silent move and a rush of cold air there it was, the head priest, of the Sarkis. They said one thing to her before disappearing "We are here, we will always be here, we will leave you as you leave us". She knew that she had to leave it for now and listen, she needed more protection and more access to safely continue her research. Another couple of years go by and she learns of the passing of an Ethics Committee member so she thinks for a while and makes a decision. She is going to join the Ethics Committee. To do so won't be easy but with decades of experie- she hears a knock on her door, just as she is thinking about how to join the door flies open, and walks in multiple guards with the unmistakable Omega-1 patch on their sides. They grab her and bring her to a dark room where she hears the voice of an old man boom out at her "So you want to join Foundation Command?". Her thoughts began to race because she had never told this to anyone, not a soul in the world knew about what she had planned but she stood strong and replied "Yes, yes I do" and before she could go on to explain why she did she sees a card get slapped down on the table, a CL-5 card. The man says that they have been watching very closely, closer than she could ever imagine, and that they want her to be the next Ethics Committee member.
Before handing the card over the man says "What will you do now Ms. Picket? The Foundation is the farm and you its farmer, till the land and sew the seeds or it will die, this is your responsibility now". With that she passes out and wakes up in a strange place she has never seen before, ready to begin her new life as a member of the Ethics Committee.

Last edited:

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From the Ethics Committee of Site-65
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EC_Tribunal.png

The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Ivy's Ethics Committee Member Application.
Thank you for showing your interest in the position of Ethics Committee Member, the Committee agrees that you are suited to advance to the next stage of the Ethics Committee application process. Please feel free to reach out to any Ethics Committee Members to schedule your interview.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 152653.png

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
From the Ethics Committee of Site-65
EC_Tribunal.png
The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: Ivy's Ethics Committee Member
Application.
Thank you for showing your interest in the position of
Ethics Committee Member, the Committee agrees that you're not yet suited to become an Ethics Committee Member, please get in contact with me for further information.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 152653.png

Status
Not open for further replies.