[USA] James "Mapper" A's Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapper

May 30, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:170131538

Discord name: mapperguy

For how long have you played on CG SCP: I've been playing very often since the end of April.

In what country are you located?: USA

Time zone: CST

Character name(s): James "Mapper" A, Jay "Æsir" A
Civilian name: Samuel Smitherins

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: I am a CI-B and I am whitelisted to SCP-096

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- I have 2 total warnings for FailRP. My first warning was for accidentally doing the 079 glitch my first time switching to the SCP, and not understanding whether I was allowed to noclip around or not. My second warning was for dissolving an escaped D-class as a Thaumatologist. At the time of these warnings, I did not understand what I had done wrong, but after learning from the rules and future experience, I now fully understand and take responsibility for my previous actions.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
- I'm applying for Executive Researcher because not only do I thoroughly enjoy Roleplaying as a Researcher myself, but I also enjoy overseeing other researchers experiments, teaching them what I know, and helping them to get the most fun experience out of research as possible. While of course all of this is true, there are more reasons as to why I wish to be an Executive. I've noticed the server is having a lack of authentic research RP, and as a Senior, I have always done my best to run exciting tests that include others players. I wish the same for other Senior Researchers on the server. So in general, I wish to inspire other researchers testing ideas, and do everything in my power to help them come to life. I hope someday everybody in the research department enjoys it as much as I do, and its my wish to contribute to that possibility as much as I can.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
- I'm very committed to the research department, and I play researcher more than I do any other role on the server. Like I said, I frequently host authentic tests, and I have been willing to go out of my way to get the highest ranking signatures on the server multiple times to host them. For example, I have been hosting cross-testing on SCP-914 nearly every single day, and even planning research focused events with server GMs to help make my testing include more players to make them more exciting. Alongside being committed, I take the initiative when solving a problem, and I never give up on it until its solved. I'm not afraid to give critical feedback or punishment when absolutely required, and I pride myself with my ability to give people the benefit of the doubt before acting. I am very friendly, and I'm not afraid to approach other researchers and ask to assist or oversee testing, which I have done as a senior. I have gone through a lot of document writing, and writing for fun is a frequent hobby of mine. This makes me fit to help other researchers with writing documents, and give both good and bad feedback when called for. Finally, I often experience situations within research where I am unable to proceed with a test or RP due to a lack of availability from other parties, and I plan to be open to helping anybody who approaches me to do what I can to make them successful, whether its in research or a different related party.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
- I have created a total of two excellent-graded documents. The first one being a 21 page document stating my methods of cross-testing SCP-914 with most other SCPs on site. The second one was a document requested by research leadership, being a full report on my cross test with SCP-914 and SCP-106. Both of these documents contained similar properties that qualify them as "excellent." These qualities involve the organization, professionalism, creativity, and detail. For organization, the documents are formatted in an easy-to-navigate way. Specifically, the documents had an index, conclusion, and context relating to the test subjects involved. For professionalism, my documents had little to no grammar errors or run-on sentences, along with elaborate wording that could be compared to articles on the SCP Wiki. Creativity in documents is difficult to use, and it overall comes from your original ideas for testing, and the way you describe your document. For example, creating a title page, using REDACTED text, and using symbols. Detail may be the most important of these traits, meaning that without detail, your document will be too short, boring, and almost pointless. The detail on an excellent document should be extensive, and include answers to questions that could be commonly asked about a research study. All of these traits can make up an excellent document, whether it be all of them or most of them.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
- The responsibility of an Executive Researcher is high, and is very important to the well-being of the Research Department. These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Executive Researchers should do their best to engage with other members of the department, and work hard to make sure researchers are enjoying their time within their role. This can be done by engaging with them in RP, requesting them to do certain tests, or assist you with general tasks. Executive researchers should also make sure researchers are abiding by ethics and department policies, and if a researcher is failing to do so, an Executive should not be afraid to issue the deserving punishment. Executives needs to be willing to give other researchers assistance with documents or tests, whether that be signing/giving feedback about a document, overseeing a test, or setting themselves as a role model. Executives contribute a great deal to the reputation and face of the department, and they must always act responsibly and avoid breaking RP/server rules. Finally, Executive researchers need to give a good first impression, and give other players an opportunity to join engaging RP you or others create, instead of purposefully separating themselves from server roleplay. With this, acting as a role model plays into all of these responsibilities, and if an executive acts a certain way, others will likely follow.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
- James "Mapper" A is a Senior Researcher for the SCP foundation born in Toronto, Canada. As a Child, James' parents were killed by SCP-096 during a neighborhood attack after a picture was seen in a nearby house. During this attack, James was the only survivor that was overlooked when amnestics were given out. After this traumatic event, James was adopted by a researcher by the name of Eddie A working at Site-201 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at the age of 8. All of the life changing events that had occurred around James began to take a toll on his well-being and personality. But, rather than shutting down or giving up, James channeled his feelings into an interest in the Unknown anomalies he had heard about from his adopted Father. After secretly reading a Research study his father had created about SCP- 2742, James began to "make up" his own studies about imagined anomalies. Weeks after his father had discovered he was doing this, Eddie A began to slowly tell James more about his work, and inspired James to someday become a researcher and pursue his dreams of investigating the unknown anomalies contained by the foundation. At the age of 17, James was inducted as an Intern for Site-201 working under his father. After studying nearly every anomaly contained at Site-201, James was promoted to the rank of Jr. Researcher. At this rank, James was assigned to lead testing on SCP-4131 with close observation of the Executive team at Site-201. After years of study, James was Promoted to the Rank of Researcher and transferred to Site-65 at age 26. James then took on the codename "Mapper," and grew excited as he was allowed to study new anomalies. James was next assigned to study SCP-178, with testing nearly being completely cancelled, as he ran numerous tests on the SCP all resulting in minimal information. Finally James hit a breakthrough when a D-Class survived a test and give James the information he needed to advance more in his career in research. Finally, James was promoted to Senior Researcher at age 38. As a senior researcher, James takes frequent expeditions to the containment center of SCP-914 to conduct specially organized cross-tests with the SCP. Currently, he is still assigned by Site-65 command to host frequent cross tests on SCP-914, and he eagerly awaits each new day in studying the anomalies of the world.

Zero Hero

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
To: jmapper@scpf.int
Subject: Application Verdict

| Application Elevated |
Greetings James,

This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you that your application for the position of Executive Researcher has been elevated to the next step. We thank you for taking the time to apply for this position; please contact a member of the Research Directorate to schedule your interview.

You may contact either myself (Don't forget Hawaii#8207) or Dpt. Director Lunaro (Bees#4431) to progress your application.

Reactions: Mapper
Status
Not open for further replies.