What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):

Do you have a mic?: yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

• Executive Researcher (Holding)
  • CI Alpha (Held)
  • OA Assistant (Holding)
  • MTF E-11 SPC (Holding)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:

• Fear rp and fail rp for Entering Foundation as a chef and hiding behind an oven and A RDM for killing a technician
Why are you applying for Director of Research?

• Ever since I started in the Research department, I always had the drive to improve myself so I could help others and eventually wanted to better the department as a whole and make some real improvements. I believe the position of DoR would allow me to finally be able to make those changes to improve the department as a whole.
  • I firmly believe that high-quality tests and papers should be rewarded. Right now, there's not very much incentive to make high-quality papers and perform high-quality tests due to the fact that you don’t really receive anything except a little XP for doing so. I think if we better rewarded researchers with better rewards, we would see a boom in activity and genuine high-quality tests. I know I could make that change happen for our department.
  • I would put in systems to better reward our staff, and as time goes on, this will spread to the other department members, and researchers will be more active and more engaged in research, which will overall better improve the department.
  • My overall goal as DoR is to change the environment of the department as a whole to something where your hard work really can pay off and make you want to try even harder to achieve your goals as a researcher.
What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

• Having experience as an Executive Researcher, I have the ability to properly explain and help other researchers with how to properly do tests, write documents, and get test approvals.
  • During my time as an Exec Researcher, I have worked on a couple of high-profile tests and worked closely with Site command. This experience has given me a better understanding of the needs and expectations that come with the role of DoR.
  • My outgoing nature to want to better improve the department and the quality of testing, and my ability to be available when needed to help, makes me effective as a leader that can make a real change as DoR.
  • I am dedicated to improving the quality of testing for the department as a whole. I believe that better rewarding high-quality papers and tests would give a better initiative for the researchers of the research department and would really bring a whole new spark to the department.
  • Overall, my experience as an Executive Researcher, my want to assist the researchers of the research department, and my need to better the research department and improve the quality of testing makes me a strong candidate for DoR.
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
  • Leading and managing the research department: Your responsibility would be to oversee the work of senior and executive researchers. When no execs are available to help out with the lower clearance, you would be responsible for making sure all procedures for tests are being done properly.
  • Overseeing the quality of research: You would ensure that research done by senior staff is of high quality and being done by the books. This can include overseeing tests, reviewing research proposals and research documents, and providing feedback to the researchers on how they can improve their tests.
  • Ensuring that proper procedures and ethics are being followed: You would make sure that researchers are following the proper procedures for each kind of test and ensuring that test information is being kept away from people without proper clearance. You would also discipline when needed.
  • Fostering collaboration and partnerships: As Director of Research, you would foster collaborations with other departments to enhance the researchers' initiative to be more involved in bigger projects of the department.
  • Providing guidance and mentorship: You would provide guidance for the newer researchers and senior staff, helping them develop new skills in research and guiding them through their research projects.
  • Overall, the Director of Research plays an important role in leading and advancing research, ensuring research is being done properly, guiding department members, and being there to help lead when required.
  • Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
  • Executive Researcher Jonathan Thornley had always been fascinated by the anomalous. Ever since he was a young boy, he had been captivated by stories of strange creatures and unexplained phenomena. As he grew older, he became determined to learn as much as he could about these anomalies and to use his knowledge to help contain them and protect the world from their dangerous effects. Over the years, Thornley had built up an impressive resume within the Foundation, gaining a reputation as one of the most skilled and knowledgeable researchers in the field of anomalous biology and containment procedures. He had been involved in the containment of numerous dangerous entities and had earned the respect and admiration of his colleagues for his courage and expertise. However, Thornley had never encountered an entity quite like SCP-2285. When the breach occurred, Thornley and his team were called upon to re-contain the entity before it could cause any more damage. As they approached SCP-2285's containment cell, Thornley could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He knew that this was going to be a difficult and dangerous mission. Despite his fear, Thornley was able to keep a level head and use his knowledge of SCP-2285's abilities to help guide his team through the encounter. However, as he was backing away from the creature, he tripped and fell onto a pile of wooden debris. In that moment of panic, Thornley reached out to steady himself, and inadvertently made contact with the wooden material. The effects of SCP-2285's anomalous properties were almost immediate. Thornley could feel his skin turning soft and pliable, like the very wood he had touched. At first, he thought he was imagining things, but as the transformation continued, he knew that something was very wrong. After the breach was contained and Thornley received medical attention, it became clear that the anomalous properties of SCP-2285 had somehow transferred to him through his contact with the wooden debris. His colleagues were shocked and saddened by his transformation, but Thornley refused to let it stop him from continuing his work as an Executive Researcher at the Foundation. Despite his incredible adaptability and determination, Thornley struggled with the physical and psychological effects of his encounter with SCP-2285. He found it increasingly difficult to interact with his colleagues, who had trouble relating to his new form. As time went on, Thornley became more withdrawn and isolated, focusing solely on his work and the entities he was studying. Today, Executive Researcher Thornley serves as a constant reminder of the dangers of working with anomalous entities and the unpredictable consequences that can arise from even a brief encounter. Though his colleagues still admire him for his courage and dedication, they cannot help but feel a sense of sadness and loss for the man he once was. Nevertheless, Thornley remains determined to use his unique abilities to help contain the anomalous and protect the world from its dangers. One day, while attending a conference on anomalous phenomena, Jonathan was approached by a member of the SCP Foundation's O5 Council. The council member had been impressed by Jonathan's work and offered him a job researching a new lead into some information about SCPs. Jonathan jumped at the opportunity, eager to delve deeper into the world of anomalous phenomena and to work with the SCP Foundation. He threw himself into his work, spending long hours poring over documents, interviewing witnesses, and conducting experiments. As he continued his research, Jonathan became increasingly fascinated by the SCPs themselves and the complex system of containment and classification that the Foundation had developed to deal with them. He was particularly intrigued by the role of the Overseers, the highest-ranking members of the Foundation who were responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization's operations. Driven by his curiosity and his desire to learn more, Jonathan began working closely with the Overseers, providing them with valuable insights and research that helped to inform their decisions. Over time, he developed a deep understanding of the SCP Foundation and its inner workings, and he gradually worked his way into becoming an Overseer Assistant. As an Overseer Assistant, Jonathan was responsible for providing support to the Overseers in managing and facilitating the Foundation's operations. He used his knowledge and expertise to help ensure that the Foundation ran smoothly and that all SCPs were properly contained and classified. He also continued to conduct his own research, always looking for new insights and information that could help the Foundation to better understand and manage the anomalous phenomena in its care. Despite the many dangers and challenges of his work, Jonathan loved his job as an Executive Researcher and Overseer Assistant. He felt that he was part of something truly important and meaningful, and he was proud to be working with some of the most brilliant and dedicated researchers in the world. For Jonathan, there was no greater thrill than the thrill of discovery, and he was always eager to uncover new secrets and unlock new mysteries in the world of the SCP Foundation. As time went on, Jonathan's reputation within the Foundation continued to grow. His colleagues respected him for his dedication, knowledge, and willingness to take risks in pursuit of new information. It was not long before he was offered the position of Director of Research, a prestigious and important role that would put him in charge of overseeing all of the Foundation's research efforts. Jonathan was thrilled at the opportunity to take on this new challenge. He knew that the job would be difficult and demanding, but he was confident in his abilities and eager to make a difference. As Director of Research, Jonathan was responsible for managing a team of researchers and overseeing all aspects of the Foundation's research programs. He worked closely with the other members of the Foundation's leadership team to ensure that all research was conducted in a safe, responsible, and ethical manner, and he was constantly seeking new ways to improve the Foundation's knowledge and understanding of anomalous phenomena. Under Jonathan's leadership, the Foundation's research programs flourished. His team of researchers made groundbreaking discoveries and developed new containment procedures that helped to keep the world safe from dangerous anomalies. Jonathan's own research continued to be a driving force within the Foundation, and his insights and discoveries helped to shape the way that the Foundation approached the study and containment of SCPs. Despite the many challenges he faced as Director of Research, Jonathan never lost sight of the importance of his work. He knew that the dangers of the anomalous world were real and ever-present, and he was determined to use his knowledge and expertise to help protect the world from their effects. As Director of Research, he was able to do just that, and his contributions to the Foundation will be remembered and celebrated for many years to come.

Last edited:

drmeow

Apr 5, 2023

+Support

+Good RP
+Frequents Research, already an Executive & Assistant
+Awesome PAC
+Really active & friendly.

Asp

May 17, 2022

From the Office of Site Administration

Regarding Director of Research Application - [ "Thorn" ]
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Application on Hold

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Director of Research.
Your application has been put on hold.
If there is an opening for this position it will be be taken off hold, otherwise it will be denied in one weeks time on 05/09/2023.

Please contact myself with any questions regarding your application.​

Asp

May 17, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: "Thorn"
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Thorn. Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be denied. Elaboration on your denial is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration. You may re-apply in two weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.