[USA] Liam's Deputy Director of Research Application #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Thompson

Sep 26, 2022
Australia
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:452638034
Discord name: ldwyer1#4422
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Started playing nearly 3 months ago, about 3 weeks in playtime.
In what country are you located?: Australia
Time zone: AEDT
Character name(s): Foundation: Liam Thompson | Chaos Insurgency: Matthew Thompson
Civilian name: Garrick Ormonde
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: E-11 CPL | Ethics Committee Assistant | Exec. Researcher
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One FearRP warning, I didn't realise their intentions, I had a much more powerful weapon already out and decided to just shoot back.
Why are you applying for Deputy Director of Research?
I am applying for Deputy Director of Research because I have a great amount of experience in the department and know all the rules, expectations and how the department runs. I would love to become one of the leaders of research and continue to make it an enjoyable and well run department. One of the most annoying things about the research department is the amount of researchers that ignore ethics and department/facility rules, and decide to "minge" in our department, this is one of the many flaws in the department I would work to prevent. By involving other departments such as IA, and increasing punishments, I believe we could work to remove the "minges" who decide to mess around in the Research department and improve the overall look of our department.

One other improvement I would like to implement would be a change to document grading/rewards. I have already heard about it possibly being implemented, but a grade higher than excellent documents called perfect, which would require much effort and dedication to achieve, and would require a decision from multiple department leaders could be implemented. It could have a large reward to encourage researchers to put in much dedication and effort into their studies. As Deputy Director of Research, one of my goals would be to teach as many researchers as possible how to write excellent documents, consisting of multiple pages with useful information, and how to run amazing lectures to teach others the information you have learnt from your studies and experience in the department, which this perfect grade could encourage researchers to create these great documents. I would like to try and get as many researchers as possible creating and conducting fun and useful studies instead of throwing d-class at the same inanimate objects test over and over again.

Although I would be leaving Gamma-2, which I have recently been changing the division to give it more of a use and try induct more members, I would be more happy to instead lead the department as a whole. I have many improvements I would like to implement in the department and want to get as many people as possible involved in our department. Out of all the departments I have played, I always go back to research. Creating amazing study and project ideas, conducting studies and experiments, finding the outcomes of mixing scp’s and being with the research department is just the most fun I have on the server.
What makes you suitable for Deputy Director of Research?:
I believe I would be suitable for Deputy Director of Research because I have a great amount of experience in the department, and know how everything runs and the rules/expectations around the facility. I have been quite dedicated to the department and watched it change over time, I have multiple improvements that would benefit the department and will always work my hardest to keep the department as an enjoyable and well behaved department. I have created many excellent documents that can be used as great examples for other researchers, I have created a few great lectures on document writing and the research division I lead. I want to show new players why they should dedicate their time and effort into joining and progressing through the research department, how to create excellent documents, studies and show everyone how fun and interesting our department is. I have great knowledge on all Site-56’s SCP’s, how the site and department runs, always have been on my best behaviour and dedicated to the department, and been on site in whatever spare time I have, which I believe makes me suitable for Deputy Director of Research.
What are the responsibilities of the Deputy Director of Research in RP?:
The Deputy Director of Research has very important responsibilities in RP to make the research department run properly. These responsibilities include:
1. Follow the code of conduct and code of ethics, you are highly trusted by the foundation and are a role model for others, make sure everything you do is responsible and
2. Enforce the code of conduct and ethics, report anyone who isn't following the code of conduct and is conducting unethical tests. Give out punishments when necessary.
3. Giving other researchers guidance/help around the department, help new researchers learn rules and how the facility/department runs.
4. Watch over the department and the executive researchers, change anything necessary and manage the team of researchers.
5. Report to higher ups how the department is running, any changes or significant events.
6. In the absence of the Director, you have full responsibility over the department. You manage executive applications, and the current executives, you also have the final decision of changes in the department.
7. Host lectures to teach other researchers necessary skills, like document writing, basics of the research department and its important rules.
8. Give feedback/teach other researchers how to write excellent documents.
9. Make changes to benefit the department and its members.
Please give some lore about your Deputy Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Liam Thompson was just a young chef working at Domino's Pizza, until one day when he was working he looked out the window and saw a weird looking skeleton walking down the street, he thought he was hallucinating because he hadn't had any sleep in about 24hrs. About 1 second later his vision disappears. He had been captured by the Chaos Insurgency, they thought Liam Thompson was working for the SCP foundation and was undercover trying to recapture the skeleton, which was an escaped SCP from the SCP foundation. Liam Thompson wakes up in an interrogation room, A member of the Chaos Insurgency notices him and starts questioning him, “Do you work for the SCP foundation? Are you undercover? Were you trying to capture the SCP?” he asks. Liam Thompson has only heard about the SCP foundation from conspiracy theories, 'could it be real?' he wondered to himself. The Chaos Insurgency member, still waiting on an answer, gets impatient and brainwashes Liam Thompson, to make him give them the information they need, only to find out they had not captured a member of the SCP foundation, but a civilian. So they release Liam Thompson, but not long after he is recaptured by the SCP foundation, usually the foundation would wipe someone's memory and let them go, but due to the foundation being low on employees, they decided to hire Liam Thompson. Liam Thompson now works at the SCP foundation and must keep this secret away from his family and others on the surface. The SCP foundation covers up his disappearance with the story that he was hit by a car. Liam Thompson starts work at the SCP foundation as a researcher, and slowly climbs the ranks, starting as Jr. Researcher, writing excellent documents and conducting ethical experiments, and slowly working his way up to Sr. Researcher. He decides to apply for Executive Researcher, due to his great work in the department he is accepted. As exec. He becomes co-lead of the research division Gamma-2, where he and his members are responsible for the first contact of SCP’s. After working in the department as exec, teaching other researchers and running Gamma-2, Liam decides to apply for Deputy Director of Research to help make Research an even greater department.

Reactions: Claire!

AzraelAODTR

Nov 13, 2022
-Support

While I do feel like Liam is one of the better candidates, it has been show of recent action within the past week that he is not entirely devoted to the Research Department, as most of his time is spent more on his Ethics Committee Assistant job or his E-11 job. In my eyes, I would rather follow someone who is more devoted to the Research Department, and not involved in many other things. Though Liam himself is not a bad Executive Researcher, it is more of the sole dedication of being a Department Deputy, is the issue.

Liam Thompson

Sep 26, 2022
Australia
-Support

While I do feel like Liam is one of the better candidates, it has been show of recent action within the past week that he is not entirely devoted to the Research Department, as most of his time is spent more on his Ethics Committee Assistant job or his E-11 job. In my eyes, I would rather follow someone who is more devoted to the Research Department, and not involved in many other things. Though Liam himself is not a bad Executive Researcher, it is more of the sole dedication of being a Department Deputy, is the issue.
I have not been as active on the Research department lately, as I have been focusing on newer roles, but starting to become more active and dedicated to Research as I want to improve Gamma-2 and recruit more members. Sorry if I haven’t been as active as I should.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
To: Liam Thomson
Subject: Application verdict

gGqy1uaG6OyydCmZTHXf9J5naRqF1S9UEF03eJ8AwQqwB76PUzPt8f4BvCY8aDtXdyhP9siNO--ouQcIeRYKvFTWSCYqyP3XkxBI3bBMWsWFcK1Ro-aCc2NML2Klc0AA7fc_B49lOSRrFQCWIDbmkoDzgdMgAtGq_KrLacn5BsaCg5dZ57fQ0Gf59LJVEA

Application Denied
Good evening Liam, unfortunately due to the position being full the ████████ ███████ has denied your application.

- ██-█

Status
Not open for further replies.