[USA] Lunaro's Deputy Director of Research Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:166998371
Discord name: Bees#4431
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 333 hours (spanning over about a month)
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central Time (CST)
Character name(s): "Lunaro"
Civilian name: - "Solstice"
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:
Yes, I do have mic!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
As of writing, the whitelisted position I have is the Executive Researcher role.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have not received any kicks/bans/warnings as of writing.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
I am applying for Deputy Director of Research because over the course of my time as both Researcher going into Executive Research, I have been able to see a lot of the internal processes of the Research Department, and I believe that I can assist Dpt. Director A.R.A in maintaining and elevating the Research Department in its' operations; from original research, to maintaining/reviewing research protocol, directing + correcting Researchers in their journeys, and growing our team for a better Department.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I believe I am suitable for Deputy Director of Research because I have been involved with many behind-the-scenes processes that, I believe, is what defines a Deputy Director of Research. This ranges from:
  • Providing input on important document preparation that impacts how the Research Department operates internally, and across other departments
  • Providing input on Executive Researcher applications
  • Ensuring that my activity is being recorded with status reports
  • Being present off-site with other Executives and I-4 members in regards to research, or general items
My on-site activities that make me suitable for this role include:​
  • Continuously leading Jr. → Sr. Researchers in test authorizations + overseeing tests that are conducted by various Researchers
  • Lead the Icarus-4 Division in my time as Executive with Hume Readings of our on-site SCPs (which is still in progress as of writing this application)​
  • Being a presence for Researchers to reach out to me with questions, test authorizations (whether that's authorizing a test, or giving Researchers a plan to get their test authorized by higher-ups), and more​
  • Being a friendly, interpersonal member by speaking with other department members about general things, their time on-site, and more​
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The responsibilities for the Deputy Director of Research is as follows:
  • Assist with leading the Research Department in testing; this includes authorization, giving directive to tests, overseeing tests if needed/desired, course correction of tests while they are being conducted, coordinating tests with Researchers that involve other departments, and more​
  • Ensure that Researchers are following policies in place + provide course correction to those who act out-of-line in their time as Researcher​
  • Be present on-site with Researchers so they can reach out to the Deputy D.o.R about any questions they may have​
  • Acting as Director of Research, should the current Director of Research be off-site for whatever reason​
  • Meet with other Department Leads in discussing research, policies, resolving conflicts + conflicting information, and more​
Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
[DATE: 12/1/2022]
[TIME: ???]
[SUBJECT: "Lunaro"]

[THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM AN INTERVIEW WITH EXECUTIVE RESEARCHER "LUNARO"]

[Interview Excerpt Start]
Interviewer: ...So, how's everything been in your role as Executive?

Lunaro: It's been...interesting! It's been a ride; from officially being accepted, to adjusting to a new role/position, and everything else that's sorta occurred, but overall it's been great! From my time in this role, I've learned how important it is to be present with this Department. Admittedly, I've been off-site more recently...for reasons, and I think I needed that time to recalibrate. I've realised that, last time I was here, I was a nervous wreck, but I've definitely grown into this role, thanks to the Executive Researchers, DoR, other departments, and more. I didn't think I'd make it this far, to be quite frank...you know, the nerves. I am glad to, now thinking about it, see the personal growth I made throughout my time...

Anyways! I definitely have learned what needs more work done, research-wise. Carrying on from a great colleague of mine, I'd like to do full investigations of our on-site SCPs. I think I mentioned before that I was wanting to test on the old man, and I'm glad to say that's started, but now I'd like to finish that! I've grown to realise the importance of teamwork, and so I think it'd be amazing to get more of the department involved with this analysis.

Interviewer: How'd that look like?

Lunaro: ...interviews! How some of them interact with other SCPs. Sample analysis. Hume readings! I want to be able to help contribute in demystifying a lot of the fogginess with these SCPs, and overall contribute to research in that way.

Interviewer: But what about other departments? It seems like you're [Interview looks through their paper]...going for the Deputy role...you know what that challenge presents right?

Lunaro: I'm aware! I think I got a glimpse of this role will require as Executive, but I know part of this role is to communicate with other departments. It's what we need to do to keep everyone in line with Research policies from our end, and ensure that we, as a department, are also keeping ourselves up to date with what other departments are doing. I notice there's confusion with how we operate vs. how other departments believe we operate, but who can blame 'em? Outdated documents are all over the place, and it's our role to keep everyone in the loop. I always think of a small conflict between an E-11 individual and Researcher simply because of outdated information. It's not their faults; they work with what they got. We need to make sure issues like that, or huge, fundamental problems within the Department are addressed and rectified.

Interviewer: That's true. You've been keeping up with the Juniors in Research?

Lunaro: On my time away, truthfully, no. However, before and after my time, I've been leading them with their tests, writings, and more. It's been great, and I'll continue to do that in whatever role I end up in. Something about them taking on their first few tests is heartwarming...like, that was me, but way sloppier because I thought I could do anything as a Junior! As Executive, I helped them out with giving tours around the site, minus HCZ, so they knew where they could go, and what they could test on.

Should I get this role, I'll do the same thing! It's cool to potentially inspire some of these Researchers to be great in Research. Even if I don't get this role, I'll continue to do just that; lead. It's kinda what we're supposed to do, right?

Interviewer: That's real...
[End of Excerpt]

Boggers

Dec 2, 2022
+SUPPORT

I think you’re very qualified for this position lunaro! Your application was a joy to read.
Goodluck & cheers! :)

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
To: Lunaro
Subject: Application verdict

gGqy1uaG6OyydCmZTHXf9J5naRqF1S9UEF03eJ8AwQqwB76PUzPt8f4BvCY8aDtXdyhP9siNO--ouQcIeRYKvFTWSCYqyP3XkxBI3bBMWsWFcK1Ro-aCc2NML2Klc0AA7fc_B49lOSRrFQCWIDbmkoDzgdMgAtGq_KrLacn5BsaCg5dZ57fQ0Gf59LJVEA

Application Denied
Good evening Lunaro, unfortunately due to the position being full the ████████ ███████ has denied your application.

- ██-█

Status
Not open for further replies.