[USA] Mr. Dalton's Ethics Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OOC
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:421930267
Discord name: JustCallMeHunter#9793
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Joined over 1 year ago with 67 days of playtime. (1,629 hours of playtime on this server)Screenshot 2023-05-25 041336.png
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Dalton
Civilian name: Zach Galliston
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Currently Holding -
IA Director, Ethics Assistant Previous roles - IA Ambassador, Ethics Member, Ethics Director (Now Chairman)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
-
1 FearRP/1 Fail RP, when I was fresh in the server and not knowing or getting used to the server again.
RP
What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
-
I'm currently applying for the Ethics Committee member position, I'm applying for the position because I can actively change and evolve a department to better fit ethical standards and to make new regulations to make the site both function better and to bring a greater ethical aspect to the departments I'm over.
What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
-
I'm the best candidate for this position due to many reasons, such as my experience beforehand in the Ethics Committee as an Assistant, Member, and Director (now Chairman). I have proven that I can do the job that's tasked to me and I can control and give orders to the foundation as a whole. My work in IA should also be duly noted, I work with the Code of Ethics daily as well as the CoC, and the Legal Codex, I see the problems that all departments are falling to, and utilizing my long experience as an IA director will provide the Committee a highly useful resource in spotting out what Ethical problems are out there. I have tied with people in all departments in all types of positions as well which will help me in my path of making changes and holding meetings with the departments to discuss the problems at hand. In my year of service to this foundation, I have worked with every department and made changes to all of them in my past positions both big and small. My activity should also be taken into account, I have 1 week and 6 days VTIME for the month and a screenshot will be listed below to show how active I am without the server through the month, it's pretty high, and having somebody on for long hours will assist with what this foundation is struggling with, calling code blacks, approving research tests, and solving Ethics Issues is something I plan to do 24/7 when I'm on Ethics Member. I'm very excited to see this position open up and have a chance to fill this position to show everyone my dedication and my drive to make great changes is something to be looking forward to!
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
-
Ethics Members have many responsibilities in RP such as approving research tests that require Ethics oversight, this is needed because the facility houses fatal SCP'S and the proposals need to be looked after to ensure that the lives of D-Class are not put into unnecessary harm, we are here to prevent suffering and death as much as possible, our input is NEEDED!
Another responsibility is to oversee the foundations tasks and ensure that Ethics is being upheld at all times, for example, if D-Block is in an uproar about no contact from Ethics to meet Ethical Standards, D-Class shall not be punished for wishing to speak with Ethics, but if D-Class have taken over D-Block and are killing foundation staff then the rioters need to be terminated to prevent future deaths.
The Committee also looks into department policy to ensure Ethics is being upheld, GenSec policy is a good example here if the CoE was changed and the termination of the D-Class warning system was edited, we need to ensure that GenSec is teaching them about the updated rule to prevent the unethical termination of D-Class.
The Committee must also look over all site staff from all departments as well to ensure that they are following the CoE, if a Dpt Director is going around breaking Ethics, they must be punished or fired from their position. We need to start setting examples for everyone that the Code of Ethics is a document that we all must follow at all times, why be Ethical when your idols and coworkers are not following the standards we set for everyone?
The Committee also deals out orders to Omega 1 which can involve investigations about Ethical issues as well as the assistants! Ethics reviews are an amazing resource to gain intel on what's happening in the department, not everything is so public so having O1 and assistants go undercover to find the roots of many issues is needed.
Another crucial job of the Ethics Committee is to make changes to the Code of Ethics, in today's age we are getting a lot of updates and character changes to the Code of Ethics needs to evolve with it!

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
-
The Ethics Committee decides on the applications for Director of Internal Affairs as well as Ethics assistants and votes on the Ethics members (Decided by the Ethics Chairman.)
The Committee also involves itself in discord and teamspeak when needed, many questions come up or the discussion of policy or the addition of such things happens a lot in the Civil Gamers SCPR discord. The Committee is also known to give input about other department positions but many applications are now decided by the Site Director!

LORE
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Part One "The Entrance" -

Dalton Bruno was in the Adirondacks (A large mountain/forest range in Upstate New York), and while on an expedition in the local forest, he located an SCP, SCP-4441-1. The SCP was to be contained fast due to possible mental effects, this caused a large portion of the containment force to be subdued. Dalton managed to capture the SCP with a trap he constructed in the SCP's habitat which impressed MTF E-11 and this event marked the beginning of Dalton's work within the foundation. As a worker in the foundation, Dalton has seen many unethical acts that have been done upon class d's and other foundation members that needed to be dealt with, Dalton vowed justice upon those who didn't follow ethical procedures and will bring down corruption.

Part Two "Making Change" -
Dalton Bruno took upon the name "The Enforcer" as a way to symbolize the changes he has made to the Department of Internal Affairs and to show his determination for finding the criminals in the facility that have done Ethics violations. After "The Enforcer" took office as the Department Director he had many added responsibilities such as keeping his staff in line, reporting to ███ ██ ███████, the Ethics Committee, and working with all department heads to work on department policy and ensuring that the departments were educated upon those matters. The Ethics violations that GENSEC and the Department Of Research have been committing have not been going unseen and the violators have been served for their crimes, and measures have been put in place to prevent those situations from happening again. "The Enforcer" wishes to have a greater say in what happens on our great site and he plans on making that change in the Ethics Committee.

Part Three "The Comeback" -
Mr. Dalton has come back from his vacation and has seen some things that have gone south in the facility, it's time for him to come back and take another look at what to change in hopes to return back to greatness in the facility. It's currently unknown of the end goals of Mr. Dalton but if an opportunity arises for another higher calling, he might not decline the offer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-25 041327.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-25 041327.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Hypnotoad

Feb 7, 2023
+ Support

Is currently still incredibly active as a SR. CL4 Director of Internal Affairs and has extensive previous experience, especially in the ethics portfolio, I am sure he would be able to bring his excellent work ethic to the table.

Reactions: Dalton

thegamingsaint69

Apr 21, 2023
+Major Support I have been on the server a few months now and this dude always puts his best foot forward with rp and interacting with others. He helped me gain the confidence to get where i am today on this server ive seen him help new agent and new people on roles in general, and give clear explanations i would love to see him be made an ethics member :)

"Peasant"

Aug 8, 2022
+MAJOR SUPPORT
Dalton's experience alone shows you how dedicated he is to the roles of which he resides in. He has seen it all from a Jr. CL4 position of IA ambassador all the way to the CL5 position of Ethics Director. Additionally, Dalton is a great leader and has been doing great as an IA Dpt. Director. I think Dalton is more than qualified for this position and deserves to come ba
ck home.

"Devious"

Mar 3, 2023
+MAJOR SUPPORT
- GREAT GUY TO WORK WITH
- DEFINITELY DESERVES THE ROLE
- WORKS HARD AND IS COMMITTED
- VERY ACTIVE

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

Has experience with IA, Past ECD (I was there), overall cool guy, good luck man

Omar D Chad

Jul 13, 2022
DAMNN Old chairman is back for ethics??
Dalton is one of the best people i saw in this server since i joined ( march 2022), Dalton been ethics assistant 2X , IA Director 2X , only main on foundation and does a wonderful job in it. My guy been enforcing COC, COE since the beginning. Teaching, helping the other departments & making sure everything go straight, he have a lot experience and can be more useful in higher ground.
Good luck.

MASSIVE SUPPORT+++
ACTIVE+++
MATURE++
ROLEPlAYER++++

A Lot of Experience+++

H.U.N.K.

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Jul 9, 2022
MAJOR +SUPPORT ONE OF THE BEST OG ETHICS MEMBERS EVER AND HAS THE WELL KNOWN ABILITY TO LEAD

Last edited:

Walter Unrich

Feb 9, 2023

+Support

My Beautiful, you ain't need write all that, just to see a beautiful +1 from me, The level of Dedication and love, he's the type of ethics that would say he would love you to the furthest star and back again, he's been to that star before, and soon again, his time will come, Idk what Lore is, but me and him, in TS3, would work wonders with the silly jokes, happy companions on anyone's side, as truth would say, "He ain't getting my office, but he can take my chair"

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.