Not open for further replies.

"Peasant"

Aug 8, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:187923313

Discord name: bogitos#4656

For how long have you played on CG SCP:unknown_2023.05.29-04.23 (2).png

In what country are you located?: United States

Time zone: EST

Character name(s): Foundation: Luis "Peasant" Perez, UNGOC: Jacob "Diablo" Taylor

Civilian name: Frank Balacheti

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
-Yes

L
ist all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Site Advisor (Current)
Ethics Committee Assistant (Current)
Security Captain (Former) [Resigned]
Internal Affairs Ambassador (Former) [Resigned]
MTF E-11 CSG (Former) [Resigned]
MTF E-11 CPL (Former) [Resigned]

MTF E-11 SPC (Former) [Resigned]
UNGOC SGT (Current)
CI-B (Former) [Resigned]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-Yes, I received 2 warnings in July of 2022 due to misinterpreting server rules. Then in January I received an RDM warning for another misinterpretation of server rules. I have not received any warnings since.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

-I am applying for the Ethics Committee Member role. There are many reasons why I'm applying for this role, the first reason being the people. I have never had the pleasure of working with a friendlier group of people than in the Ethics Committee. Ever since my first day as an Ethics Committee Assistant, I felt right at home. ECM's were very easy to talk to and it made me want to consider becoming one myself. I also enjoy talking to foundation personnel and helping people resolve any issues that they may be having. Additionally, I have been able to create connections amongst some of the ECM's. Doing this has allowed me to better prepare myself for the rigorous tasks of someone in a Site Command position. After holding the position of ECA for some time, I have come to the realization that my purpose here at the foundation is to help people. Whether that be through talking or teaching I will always endeavor to be available to anyone that needs me. During my time here at the foundation, I have made it a point to uphold professionalism in whatever role I am residing in. Another reason I'm applying for this role is due to the high standard that the Ethics Committee is upheld to. I would absolutely love to be a part of something held to the same high standard that I hold myself to. Additionally, I believe the role that the Ethics Committee plays in the foundation is the most important foundation role. It is the Ethics Committees job to determine whether the actions of the foundation are a necessary evil or a crime against humanity. Although this job is a hard one, I'm confident in my ability to get the job done. I know that if my application was to be accepted, my fellow ECM's could depend on me to make decisions with all possibilities considered. I see myself as someone who is dedicated to what they do and takes pride in their work.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

-There are many reasons why I see myself as the best candidate for the Ethics Committee. The first reason being I want it more. I'm not the type of person to back down from something when it gets too hard. If I don't succeed at something at first, I do it over and over again until I get it, making adjustments along the way to perfect whatever I may find myself doing. Additionally, I see myself as someone that knows how to network. Before applying for any position, I shadow someone already in that position and ask them questions regarding their position. This in turn, maximizes my chances of getting accepted into whatever position I'm applying for. This is a very easy way for somebody to make a name for themselves before even creating an application. Another thing that makes me the best candidate for the Ethics Committee is my willingness to talk and listen. If anyone would ever like to talk to me on or off-site, I'm always around and will make myself available. Additionally, if anyone has any criticism either positive or negative, I will always take it into consideration and see what I can do to better myself. My experience as an ECA has allowed me to observe what ECM's do on a daily basis. Thus, allowing me to learn the tasks of an ECM. Furthermore, I will be sure to enforce the CoE to the maximum. No one not even the overseers will get away with violating the CoE. If any ethical issues ever arise, just know I will handle it. Lastly, I'm the best candidate simply because I'm very easy to get along with. Whether voting on something or voicing an opinion I always remain unbiased and respectful regardless of opinion or viewpoints. At the end of the day I see my fellow ECM's as friends and teammates and will make sure my team knows they are appreciated.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

-Make sure ethics are being upheld at all times
-Call code blacks when necessary
-Authorize mass terminations
-Authorize a KOS on D-class
-Authorize usage of the AA to MTF's
-Oversee research tests that require ethics approval
-Minimize pain and suffering
-Give orders to MTF Omega-1
-Make sure ethics is being upheld in all foundation departments
-Investigate any reports of ethical issues
-Understand the code of ethics fully
-Authorize testing between two Keter class SCP's

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

-Decide on who the Dpt. Director of Internal Affairs should be (via application)
-Accept or deny personnel applying for the position of Ethics Committee Assistant (via application)
-Give assignments to Ethics Committee Assistants
-Help vote on possible Ethics Committee Members that have submitted applications
-Determine who should be the MTF Omega-1 commander

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

"Peasant's" Background

Name: Luis "Peasant" Perez'

DOB: 09/04/1990

Born: Brooklyn, New York City, United States

Nationality: American

WARNING

THE CONTENT OF THIS DOSSIER IS RESTRICTED TO ████████ PERSONNEL AND ABOVE.

Before viewing these files, please ensure that you are of proper clearance. Failure to show proper clearance is punishable by death.
SYSTEM MESSAGE: SECURITY BREACH IDENTIFIED. PLEASE LOG OUT IMMEDIATELY.

Luis Perez also known as "Peasant" was born in early September, 1990. "Peasant" was a former anesthesiologist who received his M.D. from Harvard Medical School. During his time as an anesthesiologist "Peasant" worked with neurosurgeons to treat cancer patients who had tumors growing in their brains. Although the mortality rate was often high due to "Peasant's" patients being extremely sick, "Peasant" always tried his best to save his patients. "Peasant" truly loved the job although it was sometimes heartbreaking to watch a Holter monitor flatline during an operation. To make matters more stressful for "Peasant", he would sometimes have to administer anesthesia to cancer patients such as kids and babies who were as young as 9 months old. Even though stress levels were high, and death was a seemingly common occurrence, "Peasant" always tried to give his patients the least amount of pain and suffering possible. As the years went by, death, became a "part of the job" for "Peasant" which seemed to numb him to the core. However, his attitude towards saving lives remained unwavered and he still did his absolute best to save all of his patients. One day while "Peasant" was on the way to work, he noticed that there was a commotion coming from a nearby alley. As he walked towards the noise, he saw flashing lights and police tape that read "CRIME SCENE DO NOT CROSS". Perhaps a murder or robbery had occurred, so he thought nothing of it and began to start walking towards his medical office. As he was headed up the block, he heard a woman scream "HELP! HELP! DOCTOR! MY LEG!". "Peasant" immediately turned around and began to run towards the woman. As he quickly ducked under the police tape and ran down the alley he was met with paramedics and police officers applying pressure to the woman's leg. As he got closer to the woman, "Peasant" offered to aid in helping the woman and told them that he is a certified M.D. The paramedics and police officers seemed to not even notice "Peasant" due to them being so fixated on the woman. Once "Peasant" was close enough to see the woman's leg he began to realize how bad the extent of her injury really was. The woman's leg was dangling from a few tendons connecting her knee to her thigh while spurting blood in every direction. "Peasant" was shocked at the severity of her injury and applied pressure to what was left of her leg. Around that same time, a sort of SWAT team looking unit arrived at the scene and began moving the police officers and paramedics aside. The paramedics quickly rolled the woman onto a stretcher and into the back of an ambulance to try and save her leg from falling off. "Peasant" then thought to himself what type of person could have done that to an innocent woman. It was a seemingly random attack, and it didn't make sense to him. Just when things couldn't get more hectic, "Peasant" was ordered to leave the premises by one of the SWAT team looking guys. "Peasant" asks the SWAT guy what had just happened, and his reply is "none of your concern". Annoyed and curious, "Peasant" started to leave the alley but instead, dives behind a nearby dumpster. Luckily for "Peasant" nobody saw. He then began to make his way back to the area where he had just been ordered to leave. He watched from a far as the SWAT guys secure the perimeter around the alley. "Peasant" watched the SWAT guys walk back and forth looking up at the alley walls. One of the SWAT guys finally broke the silence and yelled out "found it!". Immediately, the rest of the SWAT guys make their way over to a certain area in the alley. "Peasant" moves to another hiding spot to catch a better look. One of the SWAT guys then says, "scrambles on boys". The SWAT guys switch on their scramble goggles and begin to approach a section on the alley wall. They then began to take out paint rollers and paint over a spot on the brick alley wall. "Peasant" caught a small glimpse of what they were painting over. It appeared to be some type of creature or animal. "Peasant" didn't know it at the time, but he had just come into contact with a Keter Class SCP known as SCP-1155. This confused "Peasant" even more. Why would a SWAT team be painting over street art when there was a possible murderer in the premises? Just then "Peasant" was noticed by one of the SWAT guys and immediately apprehended. A bag was thrown over "Peasant's" head and he was walked into what sounded like a truck. He heard the SWAT guys laughing about him being dragged out of the dumpster and so when addressing Luis, they called him "Peasant". About 30 minutes later, the bag was taken off "Peasant's" face and he was sitting in what looked like a police interrogation room. Across from him sat a well-dressed man in a suit and tie along with a bulletproof vest. He asked "Peasant" questions about what he had seen, what he had heard and why he was in the alley. After some discussion the man pulled out a file and handed it over to "Peasant". Inside the file was pictures of "Peasant" at work along with pages and pages of his biographical information. "Peasant" was extremely confused and a little worried now. As "Peasant" was looking through the file, the man in the suit hands him another document that looked like a contract. He told "Peasant" he knew exactly who he was and that he is a great anesthesiologist. After "Peasant" looked through the contract he realized it was a job contract to work at a place called the SCP foundation. The man in the suit explained that if he signed the contract most of his questions would be answered. He also added that he would receive better pay and help even more patients than before. After a 20 minute discussion "Peasant" eagerly signed the contract to begin his career at the SCP foundation.

A couple of months later and "Peasant" had learned about what he had saw. The street art was actually SCP-1155, the SWAT guys were actually members of a MTF called MTF Pi-1 "City Slickers", the man in the suit was a DEA agent and that woman's dismembered leg was a result of 1155's anomalous capabilities. "Peasant" now felt that his work as an anesthesiologist wasn't just serving cancer patients but serving humanity. He would operate on D-class and foundation personnel along with his favorite SCP, SCP-2295. His patients appreciated the way he treated them during and after surgery, thus, "Peasant" quickly became an important member within the Foundation. One day during a particularly out of control containment breach, a member of Omega-1 ran into the Medical Center carrying an unconscious Ethics Committee Member. The Omega-1 told "Peasant" that he had been experiencing flu-like symptoms with high fever. Due to "Peasant" earning the title of Medical Consultant and gaining CL4 knowledge he quickly realized that the breached SCP was none other than SCP- ███ and the ECM had contracted it. Luckily for the Omega-1 and "Peasant", they knew ███ had been breached and were already wearing biohazard suits. "Peasant" immediately told all medical personnel not wearing biohazard suits to exit the room immediately. "Peasant" told the Omega-1 that the ECM had contracted ███. Unfortunately, due to the many ███ breaches that had occurred in a short period of time, there was no resources available to reverse the effects of ███. The ECM was going to have to die. "Peasant" explained the circumstances to the Omega-1 who refused to terminate the ECM. With quick thinking "Peasant" quickly drew his M9 pistol from its holster and shot the ECM directly in the head killing him instantly. Shocked, the Omega-1 drew his gun on "Peasant", and he was arrested for his actions. While in confinement, "Peasant" was surprised to see his door open up. Standing outside was two Omega-1 personnel and a member of the Ethics Committee who happened to be the Chairman of the Ethics Committee. The ECC asked "Peasant" to follow him to his office. Confused and scared for his life "Peasant" followed. The ECC sat down at his desk and the two Omega-1 personnel stood guard at the door. The ECC then spoke to "Peasant" about his actions. The ECC explained how his actions were completely justified. The ECC commended "Peasant" for his actions. "Peasant" had stopped the spread of ███ and was able to cause the least amount of pain and suffering possible for the ECM that he had killed. "Peasant" didn't let the ECM turn into an instance of ████ and also shot them in the head allowing a quick death. Although "Peasant's actions caused the death of an extremely important member of foundation personnel, he arguably saved hundreds of more lives. The ECM explained to "Peasant" that, that was the type of thinking they look for in the Ethics Committee. The ECC then reached into a briefcase and slid a document over to "Peasant". "This is your chance for a new beginning Luis," said the ECC. Upon inspecting the document "Peasant" realized he had just received a contract to become an ECM. "Peasant" smiled and signed the document. His role in the foundation was now bigger than it had ever been before. The ECC stood up and shook hands with "Peasant". As they walked out of the room together the ECC said "welcome to the committee my friend".​

"Peasant's" Background (updated)

Name: Luis "Peasant" Perez

DOB: 09/04/1990

Born: Brooklyn, New York City, United States

Tyler's Background

Name: Tyler Torrio M.D.

DOB: 08/05/1993

Born: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Last edited:

Asp

May 17, 2022
-support
theres nothing wrong with you or your application but you just got sa, mature in that role before going for SC roles

Reactions: "Peasant"

"Peasant"

Aug 8, 2022
-support
theres nothing wrong with you or your application but you just got sa, mature in that role before going for SC roles
Appreciate the feedback Penumbra. You seem to have a similar viewpoint as Second so I will address both your comments in this reply. I’m aware that I just became a member of SA, however, there is no denying the fact that Site Advisor is a Sr. CL4 job. There are other people currently applying for ECM with no Sr. CL4 experience whatsoever getting neutral and positive supports so I doubt that me just becoming a new member of SA is a matter between getting ECM or not. There are a ton of other factors to take into consideration. I think me just becoming a member of SA is pretty insignificant considering other factors like application, other CL4 roles and overall character. Once again appreciate the reply!

Second

Appreciate the feedback Penumbra. You seem to have a similar viewpoint as Second so I will address both your comments in this reply. I’m aware that I just became a member of SA, however, there is no denying the fact that Site Advisor is a Sr. CL4 job. There are other people currently applying for ECM with no Sr. CL4 experience whatsoever getting neutral and positive supports so I doubt that me just becoming a new member of SA is a matter between getting ECM or not. There are a ton of other factors to take into consideration. I think me just becoming a member of SA is pretty insignificant considering other factors like application, other CL4 roles and overall character. Once again appreciate the reply!
Yes, you have Sr. Cl4 which is more than some candidates currently applying, but I doubt they will get it either personally and put the same concerns and lack of support on their apps.

As stated by myself and Penumbra, you are a good guy who could do more in the role but I would like to see you prove your capabilities as an administrative position before going for Site Command.

DaveDogs

Feb 19, 2023
My house
steamcommunity.com
Every interaction I've had with Peasant is nothing short of productive, and positive.
It may be an unusual fast-track, but I believe hes more than capable, and qualified for the position.
I also commend his character. We've spoken about some real world topics, and his humbleness, and ambition speak volumes for himself

I personally don't know anyone else more fit for the position.

+Support

Good luck on your application

Randalls

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 26, 2022
Incoming Message From: Ethics Committee Chairman Randal Murphy

==========================================================================================================
Трибунал.png

==========================================================================================================

Greetings, Peasant.

In regards to your application for
ETHICS COMMITTEE MEMBER, after Committee Vote; your application has been put on hold.

Please contact the Chairman at his email address for questions. (asomeJFK#7561)

You will be contacted for interview.

Randalls

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 26, 2022
Incoming Message From: Ethics Committee Chairman Randal Murphy

Трибунал.png

Greetings, Peasant.

In regards to your application for
ETHICS COMMITTEE MEMBER, after Committee Vote; your application has been unfortunately denied.

Please contact the Chairman at his email address for questions. (asomeJFK#7561)

You may re-apply for this position in
2-weeks time should the position be open.

Status
Not open for further replies.