[USA] Randy's Application For: Deputy Director of the Site-56 Research Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:625580540

Discord name:
asomeJFK#7561

For how long have you played on CG SCP:
I have been playing for 3 months now, I have accumulated 226.7 hours of playtime.

In what country are you located?:
United States

Time zone:
Eastern Standard Time

Character name(s):
Randal Murphy / Randy Randalls Murphy

Civilian name:
Randal Murphy

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes, I possess a working mic.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Executive Researcher

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I do not have any kicks/bans/warnings, clean slate.
Why are you applying for Deputy Director of Research?
I wish to become the Deputy Director of the Site-56 Research department for two main defining reasons. One, I believe that overall; I can improve the function and state of the Research Department and that I could assist the new director in implementing many positive changes. Everything from proper handbooks for certain positions, to improving and revising the equipment tests that new Junior Researchers take in order to get their credentials. And two, the Research Department has been, and let's be completely honest, been in a state of complete chaos recently. Both in and out of game, the entire department has experienced a certain degree of destabilization over the course of recent weeks. One of the biggest reasons that I am applying for the position is to reorganize and restabilize the state of the Research Department in coordination with the current Director of Research. This would improve the overall state of the Department and encourage members to stay by increasing overall morale to contribute to a positive working/playing environment.
What makes you suitable for Deputy Director of Research?:
I am suitable for the position of Deputy Director of Research for 5 basic points:

1: Activity
Over the course of time that I have been in the Research Department, from the moment I became a Senior Researcher, to the point in which I am writing this application now. I have been an active, productive, and positive member of our site. Consistently being around for when those around me need me. My overall hours per day on site far exceed many others in similar positions. Regardless of the situation I will always put real life before the game, but despite this; I have managed to stay active in lieu of any obstacles in my path to being active.

2. Leadership

On and off site, I have done my part to contribute to the leadership of the department in which I exist happily in. During all code 5's I call down researchers back to PW in order to keep them safe. I proactively watch comms and ensure I know what is breached, and at all times where the breach is. I especially in times of crisis in which the site is overrun do my part to assist combative forces in making their jobs easier, and to make the researchers and non-combatants around myself feel safer, and to feel as if they are in good hands despite the gravity of the situation. Recently, for example: a breach of SCP-[Data Expunged] occurred on site due to the local Chaos Insurgency possessing a sample. Once the SCP was able to contaminate the site, I helped to organize a coordinated resistance against it by assisting E-11 host a safe zone in HCZ. I was able to utilize my CL4 card to open and close the bulkhead accordingly and with proper safety procedures in mind. Because of the actions of the combatants protecting HCZ, Exec. Researcher Nicolas, and myself; many survived that terrible code 3. This along with many other occasions demonstrates my ability to lead within the department.

3. Mentorship
Regardless of my position in the Research Department, and since day one as a Senior Researcher; I have done my very best to mentor researchers to become better in their studies on-site. I assist with ethical concerns regularly, code of conduct questions nearly every day, and I very often assist newer Jr. Researchers take their equipment test by helping them find the answers they need by guiding them. I will never flat out give them answers, but I will always guide them to find the answers they need themselves via process of elimination; and the documents available to them. If any Researcher is caught breaking the rules, as long as I am aware of the present situation I will do my absolute best to prevent them being locked up for a long time, and to instead explain their actions any why they were wrong. A good mentor never punishes their students for the first time they have done something wrong, instead a good mentor will always enable the individual in question to understand why they were wrong in the first place, and then to move forward. Mentorship of members of the Research Department is and will always be my primary focus.

4. Communication
I will go ahead and plainly say, I have had my fair share of issues on site on a personal level with other individuals. But the manner in which I handle them does not hinder myself in any way. My approach to situations in which uncomfortable conversations must be had enables myself and any individual in question to move on. I will never lose my cool with anybody that I am talking to, I will always work to the ends of the earth to lower the level of tension and make the conversation more comfortable, and I will always, no matter what, NEVER be accusatory in my statements while maintaining the ability to speak my mind.

5. Knowledge
My knowledge since the very moment I have joined the server has rapidly expanded. I have become very familiar with the Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics, and with most if not all of the server rules. I am quick to learn, and I have the ability to tackle any topic or subject easily with my impulsive but beneficial studying. Regardless of the situation, one of my top priorities in any case is to learn; this is exactly why I came to the research department in the first place, to learn.

What are the responsibilities of the Deputy Director of Research in RP?:
The responsibilities for the Deputy Director of Research in RP are including but not limited to:

Mentorship:
As a Deputy Director of Research, your responsibilities will always include helping that of others. Regardless of anyone's position in the foundation, the base line is that there were people before you, and there will be people after you to fill your position. Whilst you may fall out of the picture at some point, others will 100% continue on. It is your responsibility and duty to ensure that the people who will eventually replace you are well equipped for what comes next. Should they not be prepared, you have failed your task. This is true in parenthood, relationships, and in the workplace. In fact, this is true almost everywhere you go.

Assistance:
As a Deputy Director of Research, you are primarily in relation to the normal DoR, their assistant. If the DoR is unable to be present for something, ultimately, you are responsible for taking his place. If the DoR is unable to call the shots in any particular situation, YOU must do your best to lead the department in their absence. In times of crisis, you and the DoR are a team; it is the primary function of the DDoR in this kind of situation to assist the DoR to make the right calls and to steer yourself and everyone around you out of difficult situations to the very best of your ability. On, and off-site you should be shadowing the DoR and ready to assist at a moments notice within the bounds of your duty.

Self-Improvement:
Everyone, and I mean everyone at some point in their lives makes mistakes. Without these kinds of scenarios, nobody in the foundation; or even the Earth would ever learn to improve. The Research Department's primary goal is to learn, and so is the primary goal of leadership. As Deputy Director of Research, one of your primary functions is to take difficult and often shameful scenarios, and mold a better person of yourself from them. Do not fear making mistakes, for they are your maker.
Please give some lore about your Deputy Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
I have been writing a document for the lore of my character, click here to read it.

AzraelAODTR

Nov 13, 2022
+Support

I think Randalls is a better candidate compared to the others who might apply for the simple fact of his activity and also his ability to be quite stern with his job and get the attention of other Researchers easily. He is also able to punish those within the department who are not doing their job or being mingy easily, as well as helping new Researchers with documents, suggestions, and new ideas. The only issue that I have at this time is that Randalls became an Executive Researcher the same time as me, and might lack some experience in the field, however if he is given the chance, I think he could do well as a Deputy.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
To: Randy “Randals” Murphy
Subject: Application verdict

gGqy1uaG6OyydCmZTHXf9J5naRqF1S9UEF03eJ8AwQqwB76PUzPt8f4BvCY8aDtXdyhP9siNO--ouQcIeRYKvFTWSCYqyP3XkxBI3bBMWsWFcK1Ro-aCc2NML2Klc0AA7fc_B49lOSRrFQCWIDbmkoDzgdMgAtGq_KrLacn5BsaCg5dZ57fQ0Gf59LJVEA

Application Denied
Good evening Randy, unfortunately due to the position being full the ████████ ███████ has denied your application.

- ██-█

Status
Not open for further replies.