Civilian name: Jessie McGee
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • MTF Nu-7 MAJ, MTF E-11 SGT, CI-G, 096, and IA

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
  • I have one overnight ban for afk macro and a FailRP warn

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
  • Ethics Committee Member and I am choosing to apply because I have spent a fair amount of time with each member and got to know them, along with getting to know them I also got to learn a lot on what they stand for and how they operate and since then I tried my best to learn everything I could about being an Ethics Member. I want to work together with the other Committee members to ensure that the Code of Ethics is being enforced and followed properly.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
  • Professionalism
    • I may have had my moments where I acted unprofessional but when needed to I can straighten up my act in the blink of an eye. I always ensured that I treat people with respect and be a role-model for other people to look up to even if they didn't respect me. I may have raised my voice at a few but that was to fit my role as a MTF MAJ. It was my duty to shape and define how my regiment looked toward those who we serve.
  • Activity
    • I spend up to 7-8 hours a day on this server and during that time I try my absolute best to interact with the other site staff no matter if I'm on E11, Researcher, Gensec, or even D-Class. I strive to provide excellent RP for those who are willing to RP with me as well.
  • Knowledge
    • I may have not had much experience with any site affairs but toward the end of my career in Nu-7 I spent most of my time with O1 and the Ethics members, I learned a lot about the operations that the Ethics members go through on the daily

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
  • The responsibilities that I will hopefully be taking up are properly instructing the Ethics Committee Assistants in fulfilling their duties to hopefully mold them into the Ethics members of the future. As an Ethics Member it would be my responsibility to uphold and make changes to the code of ethics if it is needed. They are responsible for handling problems above Site Administration. As Site Command, it is their duty to solve problems that the members of Site Administration cannot handle, for example calling Code-Blacks to remove non-combative out of the way for combative to combat a breach. If a situation gets to dire, and ERT fails or the site is about to fall, they are responsible for activating the alpha warhead or signing off on certain documents that Exec. Researchers or Dpt. Directors cannot. They are also responsible for ordering mass terms on D-Block or mass amnestics on the foundation if an info breach gets too far out of hand.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
  • They Handle ECA applications and Dpt Director of IA applications, they also determine the Commander of MTF 01 and lastly, they vote on new members of the Ethics Committee. They also act as a Liaison to other departments and assist them if needed.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Riker Dhark is an inexplicable figure within the SCP Foundation, he excels in psychological analysis and has a deep understanding of human behavior and anomalous entities. Riker holds a Ph.D. in Behavioral Psychology and has Master's Degree in Ethics and Society. He is most notable for his uncanny ability to assess the ethical implications of the anomalous phenomena. Riker's keen comprehension and unorthodox methods make them an indispensable asset to not just the Ethics Committee but to the SCP Foundation as a whole.

<Begin Log>
Interviewer (Sr. Researcher Raven): Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, Riker. As a member of the Ethics Committee, you play a momentous role in shaping the Foundation's ethical framework. I'm interested in hearing your interpretation on the methods employed by the Ethics Committee. How would you describe your approach to ethical decision-making within the SCP Foundation?

Riker Dhark (Ethics Committee Member): Thank you for having me. Ethical decision-making within the SCP Foundation is a complex endeavor that requires detailed examination of a wide range of factors. Our approach is rooted in the principles of beneficence, non-maleficence, autonomy, and justice. We strive to balance not just containment but also protection of the general population with the ethical treatment of SCP objects and individuals involved.

Sr. Researcher Raven: That's an admirable approach. Given the nature of many anomalous entities we deal with, how do you navigate the potential conflicts between containment and the well-being of SCP subjects or the potential risks to personnel?

Riker: It's undoubtedly a challenging aspect of our work. Our primary responsibility is to safeguard the general public and retain the anonymous activities of the anomalous world. However, we must not lose sight of the ethical implications of our actions. We assess each situation individually, weighing the potential risks and benefits of containment measures while considering alternative approaches that minimize harm.

Sr. Researcher Raven: Thank You again for taking the time to meet with me. I’m hoping that soon I could get my meeting with the Chairman, but I don't think that will be anytime soon. I'm sure he is a busy individual.

Riker: The pleasure is all mine, I enjoy meeting with those who have inquiries about the Committee. I can pass your request to meet with the Chairman if you would like. Feel free to contact me any time if you have any more questions.

Sr. Researcher Raven: I would appreciate that, I hope to speak with you again.
<End Log>

Asp

May 17, 2022
-support
like a month ago you got demoted for treason because you helped a d-class escape and get a disguise so he could walk around with you, why should anybody trust you with a CL4 let alone a CL5 rank?

Screenshot_33.png

Randalls

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 26, 2022
Incoming Message From: Ethics Committee Chairman Randal Murphy

==========================================================================================================
Трибунал.png

==========================================================================================================

Greetings, Darkstar.

In regards to your application for
ETHICS COMMITTEE MEMBER, after Committee Vote; your application has been unfortunately denied.

Please contact the Chairman at his email address for questions. (asomeJFK#7561)

You may re-apply for this position in
2-weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.