Discord name: Dr. Robert 'Tomato' Peterson#7675
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 10 months
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central
Character name(s): Dr. Robert 'Tomato' Peterson, Tomato
Civilian name: Underground Leader King
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:: Executive Researcher
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Kicked from Executive Researcher once due to disrespect

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
Research is my home. I main Research, only playing other classes when absolutely no research can be done. I pour as much as I can into documents (currently at 47 pages on one) and have shown my love of writing excellent documents (13 out of 13 so far). I love this department and all who play on it and I want to help Research grow. In a server that has a heavy emphasis on Combat, I want to help research be a shining light to those who actually want to role play. I will do so by hosting research orientated events and assisting all who come through in their testing and writing. Also, I want to work with site administration on ways to improve the research department and it's relations with Ethics and E-11.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
I have been on the server for 8 months, and for a good quantity of that I was executive (having to step away for a bit due to time constraints). My document history shows nothing but excellent works (as I have said before, 12 out of 12) so I understand fully the document side of Research. As for the other side, interaction with fellow research and SCP's and guards, I show the upmost respect to those higher up than me and show guidance and care to those newer on the server. I also know when it is acceptable to bend the rules and have fun, but also know when to be firm and not back down. I am a RP focused individual, but I understand we are here to have a good time. I want to give everyone the fun I have playing as a Researcher. That being said I understand that Research as a whole exists to be a safe area for role play and being deputy I would foster and grow that safe space for others to join and laugh and be apart of something greater than just shooting others with a gun.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The DOR is, first and foremost, responsible for the research department. Making sure tests go well and managing resources and researchers while also making sure everyone runs a tight ship and stays in line. The Director of Research is also responsible for communication with higher ups and admins about any issues within the research department and for dealing with researchers who cause issues. However, first and foremost should be the well being and happiness of the research department. I will also be enforcing the chain of command rulings and hopefully enforcing stricter test guidelines. Not to an extent that fun cannot be had but to an extent where testing has meaning and purpose. I will educate researchers on the ways of proper testing to weed out any low effort documents that are not worthy of being read in the first place. While every document has value, not every test has good intentions. Also, communication with The Ethics and site administration is a top priority. Should those areas falter it should be on me and the DOR to improve them. Finally, choosing and examining executive researchers will be another priority.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Dr. Robert "Tomato" Peterson is a transfer from Site-[REDACTED]. After 3 years of work and climbing the ranks, Tomato transferred to Site-65 and quickly climbed the ranks to executive. Know for his love of dangerous testing and a abundance of documents, Tomato has pushed the boundaries of Testing at Site-65 and shown nothing but excellence when it comes to document writing. He also tries his hardest to host lectures to better his fellow research. Tomato's love of dangerous testing has resulted in one of the longest-still-active-studies in foundation history (SCP-682 surgery, currently 69 pages). Tomato continues to ask not what is necessary ethical, but what gets results. If it is dangerous or otherwise world ending, Tomato want's to be involved.

Thank you for your consideration!
-Robert "Tomato" Peterson

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+support
weird interactions but not negative
research main
good documents
conducts great tests

Josher

Jan 17, 2023
+support
Great guy to talk to
Great food reviews though not important
Really helps researchers
Sadly position is taken or else I would have loved to see you prosper

Asp

May 17, 2022
Clearance Level: 4
To: "Tomato"
Subject: Foundation Site-65 Role Assignment

Hello, @Robert "Tomato" Peterson. Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position. After deliberation between the members of Site Administration, we have come to a conclusion regarding your application. This application is to be denied. Elaboration on your denial is available if you decide to get in contact with Site Administration. You may re-apply in two weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.